Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)  (Read 34916 times)

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2011, 09:34:23 am »

19th Galena – 194
Merchants arrived and decided to trade with them, they are still unloading so not sure what goods they have to offer.

21st Galena – 194
Encar – traded some trinkets for cages, food and booze, a couple of metal bars was also thrown into the deal and crutches and splints.   

26th Galena– 194
Kumil mandated billion items to be made – I’m just doing what he sais, he is close friends with Spish…

4th Limestone – Autumn
DeadEye lost his Left foot and left lower arm to a voracious cave crawler.  It walked into a cage, joining the cave spider.

15th Limestone– 194
Digging started to relocate all the workshops deeper into the mountain.

17th Limestone - 194
Solon succumbed to infection  :'( The hospital still has Soap! Plus plenty of water around.  How did this happen? 

5th Sandstone
6 migrants arrived

10th Sandstone
The Forgotten Beast Mudo has come!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

12th Sandstone
The Forgotten Beast Giilses Chehiar Elsarciur has come!

15th Sandstone
Imish "Stirring the first Crusher" slays Giilses the Death of Deeps the forgotten beast.  The only other casualty was a door.

Done for the day now.  What you guys think?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2011, 11:00:15 am »

As much as I'd love to contribute to a friend's LP, I'm in no shape to try yet.

Still getting the hang of 23a after all, then I'll switch to 40d after my current fort eventually falls. I think I have another friend hoping I'll contribute to his 40d game when I finally try it, and then after that I'll try and start up a game in current version while also testing this mod you're using.

So...assuming your fort last anywhere near that long? I'll...eventually be up for a turn. Sorry. x_x
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2011, 11:07:38 am »

10th Sandstone
The Forgotten Beast Mudo has come!
12th Sandstone
The Forgotten Beast Giilses Chehiar Elsarciur has come!

Wow, two forgotten beasts in such quick sucession...
And the count's death was indeed, very tragic... *Snrk* A moment of silence for our beloved *pfffthehehe*count, who shall be dearly misse- HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2011, 04:52:15 pm »

Darn unknown forces, always possessing people and making them commit suicide. Must've been one of those cave spider gods, I think they have it out for us nobles (hence the prophecy).

The infection probably happened because he had too many wounds for the doctors to treat before they got infected. Same thing happened to Meng.

Regarding Spishaban, I'm not surprised. Nearly all of his combat logs were almost comically brutal (he bit some dude's nose and finger off and broke every bone in Meng's body). But dang, Ineth was our absolute best Metalcrafter; you gotta be careful how you let the guards punish the people who are actually useful.

You sure it's Kumil Astodam in the mayoral position? He doesn't have a whole lot of friends, other than justice of course.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2011, 01:19:50 am »

Yes, it's the Kumil, I elected him. 

Want to build a plot where they take over the fort, but I highly doubt I will get the time to actually write it all up.  I am thinking of making Muthkat  - “Muthkat Racklobster” the new manger.  Then for all purposes the unholy threesome is running the fortress.  But I noticed her skull is broken where they show the dwarfs profiles, but under her health report it sais she has no health problems? Seems like the broken skull is more an attribute.  Actually explains allot.  Will go a long way to explain why the fort fails when it eventually does.  She is sleeping in her room at the moment, if she gets up she will be promoted.
Anyways, I’m off to face that forgotten beast, it’s just chilling in the underground lake. 

slathazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2011, 02:15:12 am »

I'm a kind of newb and may lead the fort to ruin and destruction in a year, but I'll sign up. My only problem will be contacting me. I slide in and out of interest in df, so I tend to ignore the forums for long periods of time. If you could email me instead that would be great.
(Assuming of course that A. there is a spot open for me to take and B. You feel comfortable allowing me to run the fort for a year.)

My email is slathazer@sonheimphoto.com

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2011, 02:42:38 am »

26th Sandstone – 194
The beast was slain by the chief medical dwarf.

15th Timber – 194
A vile force of darkness has arrived! Finally! Trolls- Azstrog Gozruoslem is there war leader.

All dwarfs order to stay in the fortress, but Etur was busy installing a bee colony in a hive and did not receive the order.  I doubt he is going to survive the day. 

Thob and Risen is running out the fortress gate, on a mission to activate the last traps.  Brave but stupid.  The military was order to assemble up top, but they don’t seem to be made out of the same stuff as the mechanics. Hurry up already!

There is also a squad of goblin Bowman outside the walls also.

19th Timber – 194
Disaster! Dastot Therlethmorul our legendary weapon smith is charging out the gate.  Stricken by grief he has vowed to avenge the fallen mechanics.   

Attack! Attack! All squads go save Dastot!.......Fuuuu***, he turned back! Ordering a retreat will be pointless at this stage  >:(

Datan Armorglacier the Auras of Adulation is leading the charge with sword and shield, followed closely by Lorbam Peakboat the Golder Bow of wire – wielding a star silver battle axe in his left hand and a buckler strapped to his right arm.  Both equipped with steel armor. 

Most of the goblins bowman was shredded by the weapon traps.  But a squad of gobbling hammer men has assembled.  The walls will act like a funnel and Lorbam and Datan is going to slaughter all of them.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:46:13 am by Cousen »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2011, 03:06:52 am »

That's odd, Ikidarsha is always the first one out. She runs at least 3 times as fast as everyone else.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2011, 03:21:56 am »

21st Timber – 194
The siege is broken with no casualties- other than the two mechanics and Etur that was slain by the trolls.   The trolls were not seen in the actual battle, don’t know what happened to them.  No one dwarf stood out in the killings.

I had a quick peek. Ikdarsha is in the hospital- basically means death for her then.  You can’t actually see the hospital it’s just one purple cloud….
I think the spider that got Yasten gave Ikdarsha a bite also. Or it was one of the beasts, I will try and track down what happened.

Just look at her wounds

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2011, 03:25:55 am »

Better set up her tomb in the upper barracks real quick then. I had planned for a glass coffin to go in the middle of that diamond-shaped room.

On a side note... check out her kill list, it's absolutely insane. There were so many instances where I thought she was going to die but she ended up murdering everything in her path.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:27:42 am by Spish »

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2011, 03:48:47 am »

6th Moonstone – Winter 194
Ikdarsha lives! She made a full recovery but her whole body is horribly scarred.  Like everything.  Kind of looks like she went through a scorching chamber.  Truly living up to her name now.

Progress on the underground part of the fortress is going good

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2011, 05:35:23 am »

26th Opel – 194
Kadol has claimed a carpenters workshop –he wants bricks,bones,leather and tree/life?.  I don’t know what’s going on he is not doing anything.  I am stationing the Blue Golds next to the workshop….

16th Obsidian – 194
Yea, the carpenter went berserk, Spish stabbed him through the side of the head with a spear..
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:58:24 am by Cousen »

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2011, 06:46:01 am »

So spring has come…  I am done with draxis turn now.  I practically played a whole year in any case so the next player is welcome to take over, or I should I just continue? should continue http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4880

Allot has changed and there is a crap load of stone that needs to be dumped, fortunately all the stone is next to the magma see, so no problem.  But piles of stuff needs to be carried down from up top.  And one or two workshops still needs to be built.

This is the current state of the fortress

F3 on the keyboard will take you to the new workshop area.  South of the workshops is the new Hall.  It’s still under construction.  Left and right of the hall is connecting booze stockpiles south is a food stock pile.  This whole setup is also close to the farms,  directly 3Z levels above.  F4 on the keyboard takes you to the new farms, also still under construction.  I must stress that almost no food will be produced right now until the farms are finished being built.  The farms up top has been order to be destroyed.

Hall

Workshops

Farms

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:03:28 am by Cousen »

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2011, 07:31:04 am »

I'm a kind of newb and may lead the fort to ruin and destruction in a year, but I'll sign up.

Alright, I'll be sure to contact you once your turn comes.

So does this mean I should contact areyoua for him to start his turn?
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2011, 07:36:24 am »

I'm a kind of newb and may lead the fort to ruin and destruction in a year, but I'll sign up.

Alright, I'll be sure to contact you once your turn comes.

So does this mean I should contact areyoua for him to start his turn?

Yes.  I had a good time, some one else’s turn now. 

Dwarfs have all calmed down, might have been the whip Spish had.  He doesn’t have that any more, he has a spear in one hand and a crossbow in the other. Things are chilled out now, good place to start for the new guy. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20