Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)  (Read 34911 times)

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2011, 03:49:04 am »

Summer has arrived and things are looking grim, summary of what happened during spring.

25th Slade – 194
Dedicated food only and drink only stock piles, also created a seed stock pile close to the farms.  Big recruitment drive for the masons and mechanics, need more walls and fast.  Ordered some roads to be cleared, to few traps for my liking.  I like my enemies maimed or caged for the fighting pits…  Cages ordered  and got plenty of low grade weapons around.

28th Slade – 194
Started construction of new walls and weapon traps and the fortress gate.
Hey, what gives?  Where is the stock piles of blocks and clusters of masons workshops? Fort should have been overflowing with this already.  Started digging out new stone works .  It will have 6 masons workshops and a large stone and block stockpile when done

20th Felsite - 194
Underground regions banned and locked up, don’t have time to deal with the creature down there right now.

23rd Felsite - 194
Dwarfs are still out of control, decide to erect coffins in the halls by the bedrooms, perhaps a reminder of what this place really is will sober them up.

26ht Felsite – 194
Grim news, Bomrek Kibetes fell in a sink hole near the river and died from thirst.  No one heard his screams.
Also, happy happy, Bim Almamurdim and Michael_Almeida  Betandegel got married.  They had the reception at a rhyolite table in the great hall.

28th Felsite – 194
Solon Idenog – manger is trapped in the carven being tortured by a troglodyte. 73 pages filled with the same line over and over –“ The Troglodyte punches the manager in the head…”  Seems like this has been going on since the 23rd.   Other injuries includes – Broken right foot, broken left lower leg, left hand broken , right upper leg is broken, broken hips  -oozing blood,  both shoulders broken, both wrists broken, left ankle broken. His left lung is broken, right false rib broken.  His whole body is covered by bruises .  His guts is also bruised.

3 of the 6 Mason workshops has been complete as well as the stone and the block stockpiles.

Progress on the new defences is slow.

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2011, 06:17:29 am »

1st Hematite - 194.
Expedition launched to try and rescue what is left of Solon - "Solon Paddeldclub"...

3rd Hematite - 194
Swordsdwarf Datan Tosidusir “toth Kulbet” lops the troglodytes head in two.  Solon is still alive at the moment and Kadol is currently taking him to the hospital.  I hope he survives…
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I went into the logs, but this doesn’t give the dates, and it appears that Solon was taking a nap when the Troglodyte attacked, this obviously woke him and he got a fright,  jumped up and promptly fell off a ledge and that’s how he got all the broken bones, and ever since then the thing has been bashing him on the head.  Will try and puzzle out how long this was really going on for.

Edit/Add: A couple of dwarfs has died from thirst, no clue why this is happening?  There is a well and plenty of booze.  I ordered some more buckets to be built.  Maybe with all the justice going on there isn’t enough buckets around to help all the injured parties.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:49:35 am by Cousen »

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2011, 07:32:51 am »

21st Hematite – 194
Forcing the dwarfs to walk past their dead comrades to get to their rooms has done little to stop all the tantrums, further decoration on the floors with skulls and bones has been ordered. Perhaps the crunch of bone under their feet will give a stronger message.

The Blue Golds has been ordered to drop their silly wooden crossbows.  Spishaban picked up a bismuth bronze whip, Kumil a steel morningstar and Muthkat a steel war hammer.  Justice will be served. 

Edit: To give an idea of what Spishaban is about and why the wooden crossbows is a futile attempt at making justice less brutal

Nog edit:  All Muthkat did was take some of his frustration out on a dog, the bloody mutt was probably in his way in any case.  Then Spishaban cam and bit him in his eye. Even after the butcher gave up the fight and clamed down Spishaban still knocked his head off.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:04:06 am by Cousen »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2011, 08:21:13 am »

Aha, progress! Finally! And you're doing a damn good job so far.

I was real close to doing that justice system overhaul myself. You should switch Kumil and Muthkat's weapons though. Muth's the one whose good with maces. And if any, Spishaban's shield needs to be the bismuth bronze ->>- (the top iirc) one; he has three kills on it.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2011, 08:34:22 am »

Aha, progress! Finally! And you're doing a damn good job so far.

I was real close to doing that justice system overhaul myself. You should switch Kumil and Muthkat's weapons though. Muth's the one whose good with maces. And if any, Spishaban's shield needs to be the bismuth bronze ->>- (the top iirc) one; he has three kills on it.

Disturbing news.  Shield? What shield? Spish has a cloak and a bronze mail shirt, that’s it.  Don’t know what happened to the other bits of armor, thought you made so? I’m just going to assign full metal armor to the squad and look for that shield.  I didn’t want to mess around with their items, but seems like some one already did.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2011, 08:49:09 am »

I took the stuff off to prevent them from killing anyone and prolonging the tantrums. I've discovered as of late that it doesn't really make a difference whether they die of natural causes, or by unlawful execution.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2011, 08:52:47 am »

Cool. We are down to 102 dwarfs…. Ill update again tomorrow. 

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2011, 08:55:12 am »

Is Baron Yasten still alive? :) And making unreasonable demands? How many pet ducks have I got?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2011, 06:27:37 pm »

Workshops – what’s happing here? All of them stacked together.

Yeah, that is mostly my fault. I figured it would help conserve space, though it wouldn't make sense to keep the food industry in seperate rooms, specially since (at least to my knowledge) a dwarf can't get a strange mood which results in a meal being cooked. Though if they could we would probably end up with a copper nugget stew made out of copper nuggets, pig tail cloth, dwarven cheese and elf bone.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2011, 01:34:29 am »

21st Hematite – 194 – continued
Some grumbling by The Blue Golds about their equipment.  Full metal armor suits for them now. Kumil also picked up a whip and Muthkat took the morningstar.

Yasten is complaining about his room, apparently decent isn’t good enough for a count.  He has mandated that quecameda items be created.  I don’t even know what that is.  Word of the heavy-handedness by the guards reached his ears, he responded by banning the  export of crutches.
Further more, Kumil is now mayor.…

And I missed two entries..
5th Hematite – 194
Solon safely made it into the hospital.

12th Hematite – 194
Construction of the 3 remaining mason workshops has been ordered, decided to start up the magma works also.

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2011, 02:53:23 am »

23rd Hematite – 194
Copper and more copper, all smelters ordered to smelt copper. 4 of the 5 Magma smelters is built.  Excavations for the bar stockpile is underway

26th Hematite -194.
More jails assigned.  Kumil got his office and dining room.  And he wants shields to be made.

28th Hematite – 194
Spishiban is already using the whip like a pro.

Some migrants have arrived despite the danger, 8 in total.  All assigned to furnace operation.

1st Malachite – 194 – Mid Summer
Tobul Bidokzas went insane down in the dungeons.

2nd Malachite – 194
Copper production started, specifically copper trap items.

12th Malachite – 194
Work on the fortress defences has started again – still not out of the woods but I think we can rest a bit easier now.

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2011, 04:10:59 am »

26th Malachite – 194
Another Dwarf died from thirst – wtf

3rd Galena – 194 – Late summer
Nothing really going on, just building traps.  Dwarfs are calming down, mostly.  Monom Avuzrab “ Monom Mineglows”  is trapped down in the carvens.  Decided to open up the caverns again.

8th Galena – 194
Oops. I was uhm, expanding Yastens room and I well…  ::)

11th Galena – 194
Yasten taken by mood - possessed! He claims a masons workshop.  So freaking exited.  My first artefact  :P  And looks like we even have everything he needs.  Away he runs to collect what ever it is he needs, down in to the caverns he goes….

16th Galena – 194
He wanted some webs looks like it  :o   ??? :-\

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2011, 05:12:49 am »

Nooooo!
Oh jeez, what a dwarfy death, at least... He shall be remembered! :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2011, 05:25:29 am »

soz man, eeally wasn’t expecting that, should have left that stupid mechanic to die down there, but my traps kept on being suspended because no path could be found and then of course the giant spider didn’t bother him at all, just walked in and started plucking on the webs...

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2011, 07:32:01 am »

17th Galena – 194

The Giant Cave Spider Ninlelum ran into a cage trap when it saw Spishiban charging , but not before also killing Kogan Elbelnish – RIP.  The Hunter Doren Anaminod managed to put a couple of bolts in it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20