Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)  (Read 34891 times)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2011, 05:43:51 am »

Have yourselves a lovely year.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4869

Edit:
What the heck, went ahead and finished the journal, it would help if you guys knew what happened in those 3 months.

1st Moonstone, 193
The winter of misery is upon us. The lower class citizens continue to rebel, yet I remain stalwart in the pursuit of order. I won't stop until every last one of these criminals is either reformed, or dead.

This is complete insanity...

10th Moonstone, 193
The engravers have finished smoothing and detailing the training floor of the barracks. The place could use some filling up, but for now it is perfectly suitable for the needs of our soldiers-in-training. A statue of Ikidarsha herself has been erected in the main lobby.

17th Moonstone, 193
Rigoth Tatloshonal came to my office and placed an interesting trinket on my desk. Claims to have blacked out, and found herself holding it when she awoke. She doesn't seem to recall anything that happened in the last week.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Indeed, a fine piece of work... now if only it weren't completely and utterly useless to me.

27th Moonstone, 193
Rumor has it the Queen is considering making our region into an official county. At this point, I can't imagine why.

5th Opal, 193
It is a little known fact that I am one of the finest trappers in the kingdom. Over the last several months, the traps I've scattered all over the countryside have hauled in a good many beasts. Not the least of which were several ducks, which the Baron asked to be trained and taken to his room. I figure he's keeping them safe from all the criminals on the loose, as they are known for their duck punching antics.

11th Opal, 193
Another day, another maiming. This time it was Michael Almeida Betandegel, our most prestigious of bookkeepers. Got his left hand sliced off at the elbow by resident swordsdwarf Unib Onuldomas. Must've thought he was a goblin or something, nonetheless she'll have plenty of time in prison to think about what she's done.

14th Opal, 193
Looks like we caught ourselves a cave troll. It cornered a hapless miner and knocked him into the pond, then quickly forgot about him and proceeded to wander mindlessly into one of my cleverly placed traps. As for the miner, he's perfectly fine. Had to swim for a bit, but he made it to the cavern shore in one piece.

15th Opal, 193

What's this? The miner's have found a peculiar passage deep within the earth's crust.

It opens up to a dank, eerie cavern, literally covered in webs and swarming with cave spiders. There's enough silk down here to cloth an entire kingdom! I've established a loom on the entry ramp, now if only our weavers would stop being so difficult...

The Auto Collect Webs order is currently turned off. I've done some research, and I believe the root of the problem is that our web collectors are trying to path through water. You can probably fix this by closing off all doors to the watery cavern entirely. Be careful about letting Almeida collect webs though, he's not exactly the most expendable dwarf for the job.

17th Opal, 193
The miners have found copper. Yes, MORE copper. At this rate, we could theoretically start building the entire fortress out of the stuff. Time to dig deeper I guess.

20th Opal, 193
The miners have struck obsidian! Seven whole layers pure, glassy obsidian! Now we might be able to replace all this useless goddamn rhyolite.

27th Opal, 193
There was another murder today, Kogsak Mafoldumat was the victim's name. She was the young lass who had her foot torn off by a troll all those months ago. And of all the people in this fortress, Mayor Etur Degelerar was the last one I would've expected to commit cold-blooded murder. Afraid I'm going to have to put him away for a long, long time.

1st Obsidian, 193
The mayor did not take the news of his 256 day sentence very well. In fact, he went completely nuts! Said he'd rather die than go back to prison, and attacked us in a blind rage. We had to put him down for good this time. Come now, it can't be that bad... can it?

2nd Obsidian, 193
No one seems to care that he's gone; murderers are not worthy of respect in the eyes of the people. I've personally chosen Mosus Rakustlektad to succeed him as mayor of Crewtowns.

Mosus, truly a name most befitting a leader.

5th Obsidian, 193

Magma? Barely 27 stories beneath the surface!? This is unprecedented! The very lifeblood of the earth is now ours to command!

10th Obsidian, 193
Reg is complaining about the disembodied head she found underneath the bed in her cell. I tell her to just ignore it.

18th Obsidian, 193
The goblins are at it again, sending us another ragtag group of assassins to slaughter. And they actually managed to kill a single dwarf this time, ha!

19th Obsidian, 193
I cannot for the life of me understand the logic behind destroying a bridge while standing on top of it... but this guy pulled it off, and earned himself a life-relieving dunk in the river. The stupid arse even took one of our steel axes with him! While he certainly won't be missed, his actions have led to our miners becoming stranded in the caverns until we can get the drawbridge fixed up again. Here's to hoping the ogres don't find them before that happens.

24th Obsidian, 193
The bridge is up and running again, and the miners are once again safely inside the fortress walls. One of the returning, Kogsak Atekgoden, claims to have not only come face-to-face with a blind cave ogre, but slain it singlehandedly! I didn't believe it at first, but she does have the trophy to prove it. Didn't think any living creature could bleed that much. Just to be safe, I sent the Bronze Grizzlies down there to exterminate any more potential threats.

Note: I momentarily recruited her into the military, set her weapon to "Pick", and ordered her to fight back. I was pretty surprised when she completely murdered the thing.

27th Obsidian, 193
Never in all my years have I seen a more shallow, useless, incompetent, rebellious, psychopathic band of dwarven mongrels. I see only one solution for such ilk... they have to die. My assistants and I have rounded up all those we have deemed "insane" and isolated them in the prison cellar, where they will be a threat to no one but themselves. Should they succumb to their vandalous ways and break any of the cages inside, they will have to face the immediate repercussions of their actions: in the form of slavering, murderous fiends.

The catacombs will be expanded to accommodate all of the... new arrivals.

1st Granite, 194
I've had enough. I am henceforth stepping down from the responsibilities of Overseer of Crewtowns, and devoting the rest of my days here to cleaning up this mess. I have failed my queen... and I have failed the people. I sought to bring order to this place, and in the end have only left it in chaos. In the pursuit of justice, I had forgotten what is truly important, and abused the people in their time of need. Countless dwarves lay dead as a consequence of my decisions. I may have succeeded in bolstering the wealth of our society by a factor of ten, but at what cost?

Cost to dwarfy lives, that's what.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:52:12 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2011, 09:30:17 am »

(...)
All of the named dorfs are still fine, although Michael did get his left hand chopped off :P

D:
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2011, 09:55:00 am »

Downloading

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2011, 10:08:21 am »

I come to this fort called Crewtons and the first thing i see is a baby beating up a pump operator... This is gonna be fun...

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2011, 10:15:56 am »

Not sure if im gonna be able to do it tbh... im kinda a noob...

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2011, 10:42:23 am »

Wow yeah just remove me this is like WTF BOOM MINDRAPE... yeah i lost about half the population so good luck whoever takes my turn...

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2011, 11:51:53 am »

Wow yeah just remove me this is like WTF BOOM MINDRAPE... yeah i lost about half the population so good luck whoever takes my turn...

._. Draxis has been notified.

Edit: I have no idea how I keep messing this up.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 04:16:11 pm by Michael_Almeida »
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2011, 03:29:47 pm »

I got the save and it is working. 

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2011, 04:16:38 pm »

Alright. Good luck!
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2011, 04:43:26 pm »

If you can't handle protecting the miners from the beasts of the deep (which really isn't much of a problem, Ikidarsha and co can take down ogres and trolls quite easily), I recommend just getting them out of the caves, sealing the doors, and using the miners to look for adamantine on the bottomish level of the ramp.

Checking my save again. I've noticed Kumil has a funny habit of beating people to death with his crutch (I've created a monster). Looking at dwarf therapist, it seems to actually be helping with the tantrum spiraly situation. I'm guessing Melbil was just a special case.

Aw crud, one of the mining designations I set up results in the miner being inevitably trapped (for the record, only the really, really good ones are allowed to mine right now). Didn't know you could mine out channeled ramps by having the area beneath them designated for digging. Make sure you check above the first floor dining room.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:38:55 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2011, 04:46:40 pm »

Bumping to try and get more people in here. We need more players for this game, come one come all, and try to save this fort!
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2011, 02:13:54 am »

Extract from the writings of a crazed goblin slave.   

“Skulls and bones, blood and ashes.  All praise Igshewokr Krdugoarisd, Spurtmucks.  His most vile bringer of blight, master be pleased with me. Crewtowns, new lair for master. Insanity, cripples and children beating elders….bones… blood…worms feeding on flesh… hurts…hurt so much. Master!, master comes. ..”

Studying it’s other writings reveals that it played a part in the rights that led possession of a dwarf in Crewtowns in the spring of 195.  Not much is known of this time, perhaps I will find more written in the next week or two to come...

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2011, 05:30:52 am »

Why in Armok’s name did Zasit assign this project to me?  Most accounts come from scribbled writings on walls in what was ether a prison or a torture chamber.  Scraps here and there, mostly unreadable or just mindless babbling.

There seems to have been a true horror among the dwarfs, one “Butsfatal the Grim Fags” as he was made reference to in the cells.  His ideas of justice was a crossbow bolt through the throat and…other things, things I can’t put down here, done mostly to a Vabok Adaggeshud. While there is no proof yet that he was the demon’s vessel, surly he must have been under the demon Spurtmucks sway.  His journal reveals that he suffered black out and headaches, but that might have been from the seahorse and fisher berry whine he consumed on a daily bases.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2011, 11:11:00 am »

I just noticed something... Boatsfatal... Boatmurdered...

For those that care, I edited the finished journal into my post at the top of the page. It has some tidbits the next overseer may find helpful.

I must request that you equip Spishaban with a heavy metal crossbow or warhammer+shield before sending him into a real battle. It would be a shame for his close-combat prowess to go to waste because he was stuck beating enemies with a useless wooden crossbow (obligatory for survivable beatings) :P
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 02:01:36 pm by Spish »

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2011, 11:33:50 am »

I just noticed something... Boatsfatal... Boatmurdered...

Great, some prophet foresees me being eaten by spiders and the downfall of the entire fort.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20