Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)  (Read 34872 times)

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
Re: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2011, 05:27:23 pm »

Yeah I am indeed alive. RL sucks -.-   
I'll pick up the save tomorrow and should get through a season at least! Looks great so far. We need better players (myself included in that) =/

Think I'll give this a shot, go ahead and add me to the seventh spot on the list.

PRAISE ARMOK IT'S A FREAKIN' GOBLINMAS MIRACLE!!  :D

Seriously. Thank you both so much, Zhaine now has the turn and after him will be Spish. Good luck to you both.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2011, 06:30:57 pm »

We could still use more players, though. A lot more players! :D
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2011, 03:29:32 pm »

Oi Zhaine, if you can't handle your turn right now, just pass it over to me. No need to make us wait a month for you to tell us you're not playing.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2011, 09:14:33 am »

And now it seems I spoke too soon. I'm giving Zhaine until tomorrow to finish his turn and say something but after that, I'm going to have to ask him to surrender the files.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2011, 01:52:52 pm »

can i get a turn?

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2011, 09:37:05 am »

wypie has been added to the list.
And I'm going to have to ask Zhaine to put up his files.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2011, 01:58:31 pm »

Way ahead of ya. I've already picked up the saved and started planning and designating layouts. Don't think Zhaine's going to post anytime soon.

Edit: I'll have my turn finished either today or tomorrow (more likely). I'm on an OCD rampage with this asymmetrical mess of a fortress and the shortage of computers I'm experiencing will likely prove to be a problem.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:10:46 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2011, 12:45:13 pm »

Well, hopefully things will pick up now. We still need more players for this, though. Perhaps after a few more rounds we can start trying to brave the underground.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2011, 01:20:48 pm »

A few more rounds? The mining expedition is already underway my friend. I, for one, welcome the risk. ;)

This is taking a lot longer than I thought; mainly because it's my first time running a community fort, and I've discovered that I am OCD as fuck when it comes to managing it. Spent at least 2 hours before even unpausing the game. I'm about halfway through the year, will edit my first update into this post when it's ready.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 01:25:12 pm by Spish »

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2011, 02:57:23 pm »

Yeah I picked a bad place to start building the rooms, and somehow they were dug out in some sort of horrible mess that would make expanding it very bloody ugly. I have no idea if I'm the one that messed things up or if it was just some sort of large chain of messing up. Thankfully the fort shouldn't be in a terrible state... I hope.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2011, 10:10:47 pm »

I sort of tried to 'curve' the hallway around at the end to make more expansion possible... Sortof in a zig-zag pattern, I think.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2011, 01:34:34 pm »

From the Journal of Judge Spishaban "Boatsfatal" Koganodroz

2nd Granite, 193
The Queen herself has elected me to oversee all of Crewtowns, and to ensure that her word of law is carried out with the utmost of efficiency. Today marks the date of my arrival... and from what I've seen, I can already tell that I'll have my work cut out for me. The first thing I noticed was the smell; a stinking heap of refuse piled high as the ceiling, right inside of the main entrance! I don't know how the citizens can stand it, really. The hallways are dug into dirt, and crawling with fungus. There is no sense of of the slightest order or symmetry, something I must rectify with extreme prejudice. I spent quite literally the entire day drawing out plans, designating areas for labor, setting up building projects... for the sake of formality, I will keep things brief and to the point from here on out. My outline of long-term goals for the year are as follows:

-Construction of a barracks/prison complex and the establishment of a justice system
-Putting our massive stockpiles and our surplus of workers to use
-Connecting all outside assets with roads
-Pavement of all interior assets
-Smoothing of the entire fortress
-Setting up an indoor source of fresh water
-Opening a mining expedition across the river

3rd Granite, 193
First things first, I had the refuse pile moved outside of the fortress walls to a designated dumping area. This could not wait.

As of now, the fortress is running at peak efficiency, save for a few misfit hooligans.

And speaking of which...

Caught this one loitering in the dark depths of the fortress quarry by the baron's tomb, cold and hungry. Scumbag actually thought he could get out of work by hiding out down here! He's only good for keeping the furnaces lit, and he can't even do that right! Perhaps he will be better served as cannon fodder for the dwarven military, I'm having him drafted immediately.

The other, Mebzuth "Shockrim" Otungtirist, I've found is not fit for work. In her grief it would seem the glassmaker's mind has completely abandoned her. I'd put her out of her misery, but the others have assured me that it's better to just let her whither away on her own.

4th Granite, 193
Noting the bloodbath taking place in the arena, I ordered a blockade be set up at the entrance and the doors opened. The foul goblins made a beeline for the exit... they, of course, didn't make it far without legs. There were no deaths on the part of the arena combatants; which is quite surprising, considering the goblins were at their throats for nearly an entire week! The wounded were moved to the hospital.

6th Granite, 193
I sent the Auride merchants on their way with some lovely parting gifts, which I am quite sure their lord will appreciate.

8th Granite, 193
The engravers have finally gotten around to smoothing the floors of the fortress. Took them long enough.

10th Granite, 193
With the rise of Yasten Nombesmar as baron, the fortress is going to need a new mayor. As such the position has been cleared, and the citizens have unanimously elected a one Etur Degelerar (Galleyled) as their new mayor for the time being.

11th Granite, 193
The miners have commenced with digging out the barracks and prison complex. It was rather astute of them to start with the prison floor without my suggestion. Justice will soon be served!

The dwarven community watch is spotting kobolds left and right. As of yet, they haven't even managed to make it past the main entrance.

15th Granite, 193
Workers continue to haul and progress continues to be smooth. Every able-bodied citizen is doing their part.

1st Slate, 193
I do believe there's a saying about birds and bees, but I can't be bothered to recall it at the moment. I've had the bee hives moved up to the surface, away from the nest boxes, to prevent our egg-layers from being constantly stung.

19th Slate, 193

One of our low-class weaponsmiths, a dwarf by the name of Dastot Therlethmorul (Snakepage), has been acting more than a bit strange lately. Without a word, he has seized the forge from our much more prestigious smiths against my permission, and is now working on a very bizarre contraption. He refuses to respond when I question him about it.

22nd Slate, 193

Therlethmorul has finished his work, and I must say it's quite magnificent. He calls it Gusiltegar Veskes, or "Copperbreed the Spry Scratches"
...by Moruladag's beard! This thing must be worth half as much as the fortress itself! It seems like it could also be weaponized to great and deadly effect, in which case it will make a fine addition to the entryway.

For the record, the fortress is currently worth 1,024,080 urists

23rd Slate, 193
At last, the prison is ready to be used. Naturally, I relish the opportunity see crime punished firsthand, so I have personally assumed the position of Captain of the Guard to regulate justice in the name of our fair queen.

Apparently this man had the audacity to violate a direct order from Yasten himself, and even strike out against those that called him out for it! "Trader," more like traitor... He will have the honor of being the first inmate in the history of Crewtowns.

Indeed. If you're going to behave like an animal, then you can expect to be treated like one.

24th Slate
He actually went ahead and finished smoothing out his own cell, good sport! I have elected to have my office in the prison itself, as the cries and screams of the wicked are as soothing as the sweetest of melodies to me.

26th Slate, 193
Shockrim has finally been lost to death. There was really nothing we could do for her.

27th Slate, 193
A suitably massive wave of migrants just arrived on our doorstep. No doubt they caught wind of our newfound wealth, Copperbreed.

16th Felsite, 193
A low-life recruit by the name of Ingish Gusilkam just died of thirst in the hospital. Not really much of a loss I must say, but nonetheless it represents a great weakness in our system; I attribute it to our lack of a clean, convenient source of water and will see to it that this problem be rectified as soon as possible. I'll have the miners get started digging an indoor reservoir so we can set up a well on the hospital floor.

17th Felsite, 193
I've consulted the doctors and they tell me that the ex-arena combatants have all become infected. Now may be a good time to get started producing soap and medicine.

It would seem two of them, the speardwarf Zefon Vucarkivish and the axedwarf Nomal Dastotdatur, are completely paralyzed from the waist down and will never walk again. Tragic. They are no longer fit for combat, and will be relieved of duty. Though if the infection goes unchecked, they may not survive regardless.

24th Felsite, 193
Yet another one of the young recruits, Kosoth Borushkol, has succumbed to dehydration. Shame... but the well will be complete in short order.

25th Felsite, 193
We've been catching a lot of kobold thieves snooping around on the outskirts of our civilization lately, they usually just run for the hills at the slightest sign of dwarfy intervention. I don't think they're even trying anymore.

27th Felsite, 193
The elven and wuradi caravans have arrived to peruse our fine craftdwarfship and trade goods with us. They couldn't have come soon enough; these frivilous rhyolite trinkets are practically spilling out into the hallways.

As usual, the elves have very little to offer beyond fresh livestock... and it would seem I have insulted them somehow... I don't think I'll ever understand the way they think. The livestock I will have butchered immediately.

The wurad are far more discerning; bearing great polished metals and other fineries, which our merchants have happily bought up. I made them an offering of several thousand urists in dwarven cuisine to encourage good relations between our civilizations.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:23:22 pm by Spish »

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2011, 03:27:56 pm »

Nice to see that things seem to be going smoothly. It's just too bad that Yoink's stunt has cost us so many soldiers. >.< Hopefully we'll be able to get more people in before too long.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2011, 09:25:31 pm »

They weren't actually soldiers, which might kinda explain how they got beaten so soundly... :P
I was wanting to recruit a new squad from the peasantry, and decided to give them an initiation test.
They kinda failed...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2011, 11:47:58 am »

By the way can we later get a list of those who have died and those who are still alive?
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20