Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)  (Read 34887 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2011, 12:10:38 pm »

((I'm starting to hate direforged. What was the purpose in changing all these trees to letters? And why are caverns so colorful?))
I'm pretty sure you're using the version meant for the Phoebus tileset, which uses different tiles for several things.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2011, 04:59:41 pm »

Galena 20, 196
Today, a blind ogre walked in and strangled Imush Utharangir. Tough luck. I dispatched the Bronze Grizzles again, and started wondering how it got in. We killed it, and I also noticed a few dwarfs stuck outside in the caverns due to their own stupidity and let them in.
You mean legendary axelord Imush Edanathal Utharangrir!? I sure hope you took three seconds out of your time to set up the tombs for our soldiers of legend (Ikidarsha, Imush, Datan Tosidusir, Unib Onuldomas, Lorbam Ilromkogan), like I've been constantly reminding you guys to do since my turn ended. Because if I find out he's buried in a servant's chamber, there will be hell to pay.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:02:10 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2011, 05:16:10 pm »

Ikidarsha's also dead, and I can't imagine why. He went out to fight that last goblin ambush, and he got destroyed. Didn't even manage to land a single hit. The guy that came after him managed to take them all down himself. I also can't think why a legendary axelord would've been struck down by a blind ogre. I mean, I looked at the reports, and there was just a cook punching away at it with impunity.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2011, 06:59:42 pm »

Ikidarsha's also dead, and I can't imagine why. He went out to fight that last goblin ambush, and he got destroyed. Didn't even manage to land a single hit. The guy that came after him managed to take them all down himself. I also can't think why a legendary axelord would've been struck down by a blind ogre. I mean, I looked at the reports, and there was just a cook punching away at it with impunity.

I think that Iki was blind at the time from the severe rot that resulted in all of those scars. But still, the guys really had better be in some great tombs.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2011, 09:56:35 pm »

I'm guessing the answer is no. In that case; once there are no more people to be buried, the next overseer must undesignate all the other coffins for burial (including the ones in the bedroom hallway) and set up a new one (in the central diamond-shaped room in the upper barracks... or wherever else you think it should go), then deconstruct the one with Iki's body in it so they'll rebury it in there. Do the same for Imush, and then proceed to set up tombs for the rest of our long-named legends. This is a mandate of the utmost importance, failure to carry it out will result in severe jail time penalties (and probably death, given our track record) for the overseer in question.

Oh, and make sure you don't allow pets or citizens (well, assuming Imush died as a soldier, because it doesn't sound like he fought back). That way the coffin is labeled as a soldier's burial chamber.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 10:10:23 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2011, 01:25:03 am »

RIP Iki :'(  Is Spish still kicking and biting?

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2011, 08:34:22 am »

Saint sent me a message to confirm that he will be playing his turn. I hope that he is following this thread, though.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2011, 07:57:51 am »

Yeah, I'm having a lot of real life in my way right now so this may not get QUITE done but it will be close. I'll try to pull this off though.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2011, 08:29:22 pm »

It's early spring, the brisk winter air lightens its grip to a softer more neutral temperature, the wildlife frolics through the fields.
 Deep within the fortress a mason appoints him self a manager, 'Saint' Nishigam, legendary mason, as well as the mason cult leader.
The masons unite under his rule and begin the construction of a masonic alter as well as finishing what constructions were present before.
The engravers, slightly disgruntled, appeal to the cult for their membership on the grounds they both work with stone.

SUDDENLY: DEATH HO!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The entire military is sprung into action, they rally and grab their weapons to fight the dangerous beast.
*fingers crossed*

The foolish militia of the fortress backs down when they come to face the facts that a wall seperates them from this beast, they are safe... for now.

Too soon to speak the beast manages to get into the farm somehow and it charged at the cook.
The beast makes its way into the fort, the entire militia rushes into action.

The beast is slain (apparently it didn't show struck down, but the corpse is on the floor, so its dead.)
Also apparently you'll have to save the report picture to read it, sorry.

Mid-spring
 The alter goes well, my followers have finished the blueprints and we begin construction, a migrant group arrived and many were admited into the cult as masons, they shall serve us proud. A few, such as a great master doctor or some such were allowed to take lodging as their best professions, why let their talents go to waste. I have also taken care of the mayor's lodging issue he had seemed to posess.

Late spring
 An elven caravan arrived and we dumped a duck down the alter's sacrifice chute just for giggles, it didn't die but it's mortaly wounded, perfect. with no time to construct a elven capture chamber they get away free, this time... But we shall not trade with such filth.

Going through the trap tunnel there, I found some interesting things, silver warhammer and a bronze whip, I assigned them to some of the militia. We robbed the elven caravan of all their food and booze, as well as whatever else we wanted, mostly medical supplies and a caged black bear, that will be fun.

Well the first goblin down the alter didn't quite die, but that's what experimentation is for, right?

Great news, a frogotten beast arrived with a poison bite, luckily for us, it's in the same area as the alter and it went after our duck. Guess we have a guest to feed.

Fed the beast a goblin hammerer, the beast simply kicked him in the head and ended his life, then again the poor bugger was more or less criticaly wounded by his fall.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:10:50 pm by Saint »
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2011, 08:08:54 pm »

Hey guys, I don't have the time to finish my year so I'm just going to have to only do till late summer, sorry.
Maybe next time though.
Here's the save:
http://www.2shared.com/file/H6PJ6qto/Crewtowns195.html

slathazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2011, 08:35:38 pm »

Oh dear. I guess that means that it's my turn... Ok. I'll download it now and start tonight. I need to think of a way to tell this story...

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 03, 2011, 10:55:47 pm »

The masonic alter isn't complete but it works semi-safely.

slathazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2011, 11:05:55 pm »

I've got a few ideas working with your new cult. I'll probably work on finishing it at some point, as well as on my construction...

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2011, 11:36:36 pm »

I'm still not hearing anything about tombs, why am I not hearing anything about tombs? >:(

(Ikidarsha and Imush are still buried in the freaking hallway, for the record. Better do something before their bones rot away completely)
In other news, a lowly Furnace Operator has claimed the former militia commander's room as his own. Something must be done about this.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:50:57 pm by Spish »

slathazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2011, 11:45:48 pm »

I'll get to it. I was going to build them, but I discovered a severe lack of coffins, doors, and statues...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20