Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 10=- Tokens...?  (Read 19661 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 5=- Premature Encounter.
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2011, 02:05:17 am »

Hurpaderp not doing that again.

>Finish off the demon lord. Then, begin walking back to the chopper or however we got here.
"I'm not running the risk of flying half way to Memphis. We're walking the rest of the way back, unless someone else has an idea."
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2011, 02:17:40 am »

Wow that happend aout 3 turns faster than I though it would, but oh well my guy went out exactly as planned.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2011, 02:25:10 am »

It happened about 5 turns faster than -I- expected, Adwarf, so...  :-\
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2011, 02:28:59 am »

Oh, well it is still amaing so far.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 30, 2011, 02:55:54 am »

Well, I'm kinda happy about this turn of events. It means I get to implement an epic plot fight between NPCs that I thought I wouldn't get to write untill like, turn 15.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2011, 02:58:02 am »

Well, I'm kinda happy about this turn of events. It means I get to implement an epic plot fight between NPCs that I thought I wouldn't get to write untill like, turn 15.
I actually thought that the fight would last a bit longer than that, for the first part, but it was still pretty good.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 30, 2011, 03:06:49 am »

Oh, nah, it was always going to be like that. Well, with a bit more flavor added in with you guys sneaking up and attacking, getting blasted back, essentially the rest was going to be the same though.

What more do you need?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 30, 2011, 04:20:47 am »

Wait what. Is there some god dictating what does and doesn't happen?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 30, 2011, 05:01:22 am »

What do you mean by that?

What more do you need?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2011, 05:08:56 am »

I mean... Why did you decide to make the uncompressing of the land have us skip 5 turns?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2011, 07:17:52 am »

Rolled for it. You rolled high.. too high. It basically dictated that you were on a piece of land that should be near the Demon Lord, even though you weren't before. Later on, you'll be able to control that... It's like scrunching up some paper into a ball and flattening it; You happened to be standing on an edge of the paper that got crumpled to the other side.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 30, 2011, 08:40:42 am »

Makes sense. Uh, I'm going to assume 1% full manifestation is stronger than 100% partial.

Solum grit his teeth. That had been too close... this bastard was going to pay for that! Ignoring partial manifestation he went straight for 5% full. "Prepare to die, you son of a bitch," he growled as he charged forward. There wouldn't be any fancy karate-type strikes; Leto was out to just beat this demon lord's ass so thoroughly he would never move again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2011, 09:56:21 am »

100% partial is equal to about 20% full... But full powers up your entire body, whereas partial only powers up a specific part, leaving the rest vulnerable. Skilled Demonics have been known to hold multiple partial manifestations at a time, but for the most part maintaining more than one is ridiculously tiring, and it's much more efficient to just use full manifestation. If any of you focus on control and survive the story long enough, you may become skilled enough to perform a faux manifestation (In other words, using multiple partial manifestations to power up your whole body, one part at a time) which is less effective (due to high energy cost) but is accepted as a loophole to the 'no full manifestation past 10%' rule, because it is still weaker. Though an upside of it is that it develops control over energy usage immensely and makes normal manifestations much easier to control... For the record, I actually thought of that after I started, which is why I didn't mention it before now... But I have plans ;D

What more do you need?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2011, 10:02:06 am »

100% partial is equal to about 20% full... But full powers up your entire body, whereas partial only powers up a specific part, leaving the rest vulnerable. Skilled Demonics have been known to hold multiple partial manifestations at a time, but for the most part maintaining more than one is ridiculously tiring, and it's much more efficient to just use full manifestation.
In non mechanics gibberish: You've gotta steal my luck to do much of anything kickass.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 30, 2011, 10:49:59 am »

Uh... shit... not going as planned...

Dash behind the demon lord and fill him with daylight.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24