Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 10=- Tokens...?  (Read 19686 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 4=- Team Leader is Pissed.
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2011, 03:12:22 pm »

I didn't mistrust anyone actuilly if you look at my previous posts, mostly due to my character's apathy, he can't care enough to mistrust.
My character doesn't mistrust anyone because he has no right to seeing as he has a massive secret.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2011, 05:13:20 pm »

I probably fail at reading or something, but where did the entire "trust" thing come up?

It's probably because you're an unrepentant psychopath who doesn't have any idea what trust is...

Yes I do! It's being a gullible idiot right?

Let's say that's close enough...

But seriously, that kinda came out of nowhere.
Do you mind changing the black to something less difficult to read on darkling?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2011, 05:42:43 pm »

I probably fail at reading or something, but where did the entire "trust" thing come up?

It's probably because you're an unrepentant psychopath who doesn't have any idea what trust is...

Do you mind changing the black to something less difficult to read on darkling?
Would you also mind not using yellow? It hurts my eyes on the Core theme.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2011, 05:47:08 pm »

The entire group has been having pretty much a one-sided conflict of Talent vs Demonic. That's actually how I like you guys to respond (In most of Zaphain, Demonics are considered powerful soldiers, not much else) but Akhain doesn't like bullshit on his team, so ^^;
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 23, 2011, 05:55:32 pm »

OOC: Talent is OP, but only aquaman style OP. Demonics are more all-round useful, while if Talented people can find a way to slot themselves in, they'll be a fair bit more powerful. Part of the reason I think adwarf keeps making such mary sue characters is because he's trying to minmacks them, rather than making normal characters.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 23, 2011, 06:06:41 pm »

OOC: Talent is OP, but only aquaman style OP. Demonics are more all-round useful, while if Talented people can find a way to slot themselves in, they'll be a fair bit more powerful. Part of the reason I think adwarf keeps making such mary sue characters is because he's trying to minmacks them, rather than making normal characters.
My characters aren't Mary Sue I have no idea why you would say so, because I don't see how they are Mary Sue.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2011, 07:17:57 pm »

My characters aren't Mary Sue I have no idea why you would say so, because I don't see how they are Mary Sue.
This should about cover it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2011, 07:21:35 pm »

Still don't see it.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2011, 12:39:51 am »

I'd put it the other way around. Talent is useful all round because it's generally so flexible, whereas Demonic abilities (When in the >40% Manifestations) tends to ramp most physical aspects up to an unbelievable level. (I.e disappearing from sight from sheer speed, taking a bullet to the chest and not getting hurt etc... Though thats a normal bullet.) This is why there are no normal people in Zaphain; they'd be useful for doing the paperwork and not much else.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2011, 07:51:07 am »

I thought there are no normal people because there's a strict "Employ only weirdoes" policy.

Shrug and don't care about what the guy said. Follow him.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2011, 10:07:22 am »

Originally it was because only Demonics or Talented could handle the work Hunters of Zaphain did. Now, it's a tradition; Keep it a secret from the public view. Normals aren't meant to know. They do not need to know. They can not know. That's why there's only theories and speculation nowadays, rather than straight-out belief and superstition.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2011, 08:01:13 pm »

Prod, and Poke

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2011, 01:53:40 am »

Turn 5

Bread released the land, causing a nauseous feeling in the pit of everyone's stomach. A few trips later, and the group is... staring down a surprised looking near-human Demon Lord. Obviously their target. The next few moments passed in a blur. At least a hundred spears of demonic energy formed instantly, launching themselves at the group. In the next instant, Akhain had recovered and raised his hands, his Talent flaring, forming a black sphere all around the group, with the hordes of weaker demons rushing into the sphere... only to fall to the ground, bisected, as soon as they enter the orb. The spears of Demonic Energy were also destroyed upon entering the sphere. Akhain stared back at the Demon Lord. And then time hit the one second mark.

"This sphere is my domain... I rule over it, once you enter it your life is in my hands. I have absolute dominion over this area. And you have absolute dominion over the area outside, I assume, from your hasty reactions. I had hoped to catch you by surprise, but you're on guard now; I can't advance my dominion and you can't advance yours... We have a stalemate." Akhain spoke sharply, just loud enough for the (now alone) Demon Lord to hear. The Demon Lord cocked it's head to one side.

"You make a point, Hunter, but you are unaware... that I am the Key." The Demon Lord's face widened into a maniacal grin, and Akhain swore. The sphere shattered, and Akhain started twitching on the ground. A moment later, a collective shudder passed through the group, and their abilities went haywire. The Demon Lord grinned, a black, stylised key appearing in it's hand.

"My unique ability... is to cause the abilities of all around me to rapidly develop... so rapidly, that they go utterly insane!" It threw it's head back in laughter, as the Demonics started transforming, their limiter tattoos starting to burn, while the Talented lose all feeling throughout their bodies, with their muscles twitching every now and then... All with the haunting laughter of the Demon Lord in the background. Thankfully, it's so insane that it hasn't killed you all yet.

Renard stands up, laughing almost as insanely as the other Demon Lord. "My name is Hellbringer... And you have been brought upon your doom! FEAR ME!" The Demon Lord blinked, his laughter stopping. He raised his hand, as Hellbringer exploded. Black, shadowy hands arced out of the explosion of energy, grabbing the Demon Lord. Automatically, spears of demonic energy formed... only to dissipate on contact with the shadowy arms. More arms spawned from the shadowy mass, snaking out to latch on to every member of the group aside from Akhain. Slowly, the energy levels of each member lowered to manageable levels; The Demonics snapped back into their human forms, the Talented gained feeling and control over their bodies. Each arm slowly detatched and retreated back to the Shadowy mass, before it formed into the form of a young man... made out of shadow. Akhain was still lying on the ground; His abilities were obviously skyrocketing and he couldn't control them. A voice emanated from the shadow, slowly taking form.

"Well well well, Renard... what have you gotten yourself into?" A small smirk was barely visible on the Shadow, it's pure white eyes and mouth being it's only facial features. "Oi, all of you... your target is weakened. Strike now. Go on, I'm not going to take your assignment..." It... he... gestured to the Demon Lord who was still standing, completely restricted by the shadowy hands. Slowly, the hands retreated. "You're up... are you worthy of being called Hunters of Zaphain?" It chuckled slightly, it's voice slightly distorted, like a reverb effect was being added to it.

(Overshoot from Bread bounced you all right into the final encounter. Was planning on having atleast a few more turns in between, but... I guess it's going to be a short prologue. Renard is dead, Adwarf's next character will be introduced when you get back to HQ (After this fight, and resulting aftermath turn))

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 5=- Premature Encounter.
« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2011, 02:00:07 am »

"Shit shit shit shit shit what the hell Bread we weren't ready! I've never felt so close to loosing control... Aghhhh, CHARGE!"

Charge from the right side and slice at his left leg. Cautiously, don't get horribly murdered.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 5=- Premature Encounter.
« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2011, 02:02:20 am »

For one of the first times ever Dravos had a serious expression on his face, pure rage. "No one makes me lose control over my own body! No one! These powers are mine to control, not some fucking demon lords!" He partly transformed his hands into claws and rushed the demon lord in a rage.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24