Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 10=- Tokens...?  (Read 19652 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD.
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2011, 09:52:20 pm »

It's cool. Really, I hate to say it (I dislike limiting creativity in a story-based RTD) but would it be possible to find a different backstory for your character? The Demon-turned-Half-Demon part doesn't bother me, it's the relation to the Demon Lord. Pretty much no matter which way you put it, you'd be insanely powerful from the get-go, and I have to deny that, from principal if anything.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2011, 09:54:23 pm »

Ya I will change that just give me a bit of time to fix everything.

EDIT:
Also is there any form of Hierarchy within the demon realm?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2011, 09:54:47 pm »

Take the time you need.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2011, 09:57:27 pm »

Aw, I can't have wingz and tailz all the time? Can I at least have a tail all the time? I mean, it's purely decorative.

Also, you didn't really make manifestation very clear. I still have very little knowledge of what you mean. You should add it to the first post.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2011, 09:58:53 pm »

Tarran, I think he said you could it just would be rather draining, and would make people look twice at you, which could be bad.

On the other hand, no needing to costume up for a furry convention. :P
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2011, 09:59:19 pm »

What are some of the weakest demons?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2011, 10:00:28 pm »

Tarran, I think he said you could it just would be rather draining,
I know, I just said it the way I did because I'm really drained after playing Halo with my cousin. A lot.

On the other hand, no needing to costume up for a furry convention. :P
:|
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2011, 10:06:30 pm »

I probably should, but the basics of Manifestation is pulling forward your Demonic Traits by 'Synchronising' with your Demonic Energy. It's basically a Mental command/state which allows you to become more in tune with your Demonic Form. Partial Manifestation is pulling forward Demonic Traits in a body part only (An arm, a Leg, or your wings/tail, for example) while Full Manifestation is pulling them forward in your entire body. The % rates are roughly defined as this; 1-10% general enhanced skills (Even more than the passive boost you get) 10-50% minor demonic traits, loss of control (Enhances skills even more drastically, but causes slight loss of control and causes most demonic features to come out (Eyes, skin color, hair color, other features (Tails, horns, wings etc)) and then 50-100% increased loss of control, berserker features, full Demonic Traits. (As you get closer to 100% your form becomes increasingly closer to your Demonic Form, and you lose control to the point where it becomes hard to distinguish friend from foe.)

Of course, a lot of the control aspects can be negated with training. Also, something I just thought of; Every Half-Demon has some sort of Limiter (Magical Sealing Tattoo) inked on their body which allows them to gradually increase their synchronisation. Only those with exceptional willpower could pull out partial demonic traits on their own. (Basically, the Limiter allows you to only partially use your Demon Form, rather than just going 100% straight away.)

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2011, 10:07:59 pm »

Calling no limiter on Leto - he has the willpower to do it on his own - before anyone else takes that gimmick. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2011, 10:11:59 pm »

Even so, the Limiter can handle a lot of stress, and thus significantly take away the drain of holding back a 100% Full Manifestation. It makes your powers much more energy efficient :P. It also takes away strain from your body which MIGHT push you further into Manifestation without your knowledge. Think of it like this; Trying to stop a falling boulder with your own body, or trying to stop it with a 10 foot thick steel wall. Falling Boulder = Demonic Energy. Steel Wall = Limiter.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2011, 10:13:16 pm »

Alright, I think I understand...

...no, still don't really understand a bit. If we're half-demon, why should we put anything in the Abilities section? Is that what defines our demonic or whatever form which we can pull stuff from?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2011, 10:17:33 pm »

Alright, I think I understand...

...no, still don't really understand a bit. If we're half-demon, why should we put anything in the Abilities section? Is that what defines our demonic or whatever form which we can pull stuff from?

Essentially. Also there are other abilities which can come with your Demonic Form rather than the general package. For example, some Demons have been known to have Limbs which extend, or the ability to create objects from their body. (One famous Demon from this type could create an infinite amount of swords from his body; Noted that he was also Human, at first, and went to Half-Demon then Full Demon) Like, for example, your Unusual Spotting could be a byproduct of your Demonic Form having more advanced sight than most creatures. It's for you guys to decide, really.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2011, 10:19:17 pm »

Ok I fixed my character is that ok? I listed who his mother was this time to maek it more clear, and added that only the top six of Zaphain know that I am a true demon.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2011, 10:22:17 pm »

Alllright, so I'll just remove the tail and wings from my Physical Description and I'm ready to go?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2011, 10:23:46 pm »

All right, point taken. Should I edit what his limiter looks like/is located into his description?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24