Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 10=- Tokens...?  (Read 19650 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD.
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2011, 04:33:08 pm »

Name: Renard ( Demon Name - Hellbringer )
Personality: Renard has a calm personality, but when he is angered his demon side takes over, and its all Renard can do to keep himself from killing his allies.
Full Demon Form Personality: Hellbringer wishes only to fight, and destroy everything in his path. He will kill anyone, and everyone if Renard can't take back control over his body.
Human Physical Description: Silver Hair, Silver Eyes, 5 Ft 10 In, 95 Lbs, a scar from a claw slicing him across his back. He looks like a 19 year old teenager because the special seal also froze his body's growth.
Demon Physical Description: Two Horns, Flame Red Eyes, 7 Ft 8 In, a Dark Radiating Aura
Background: Renard is the son of a lesser Demon Lord (Lerator), and a Succubus(Asragora) and thus he inherited a part of his powers, and has the ability to turn into a demon. He grew up as a child constantly fighting those who tried to kill him to try, and gain some of his father's demonic powers. He has always been alone for his whole life since his father banished him from the demon realm, and his mother had died many years ago, but after wandering around for many years he was found by a man with limbs made of darkness. The man taught him how to control his power, and even helped Renard lock it deep within himself, and then taught him how to use these powers at will, and even control his true form. He joined the Zaphain just after the man died for the mans dying wish was for Renard to help the humans of this world. No one, but the six heads of Zaphain know that Renard is actually a true demon who is only kept in that form by a powerful seal created within him. This seal, and the limiter tatto of a Flaming Orb on his chest keep him in his human form, and prevent him from turning back to a demon. Renard also has a constant headache due to him, and Hellbringer constantly fighting for control over his body when ever a drop of demonic power is activated, but he has gotten used to the pain after the many years in his human form, but the pain is always there even if he is used to it that doesn't mean he can't feel it.
Abilities: Demonic, Renard can change himself into a shadow of his father's form able to wield a small morsel of his power. He can summon lesser demons such as imps, wisps, and brownies to do his biding he can also create, and use demonic weapons at 40% sync with his demon blood, but all weapons made in this form stay with him until broken, or destroyed. At 100% sync Renard becomes a lesser Demon lord but can only stay in that form for a short time before his true form comes out, and takes over in this form his strength, endurance, and speed are greatly increased, but once he comes out of this form he is close to passing out, and his physical power is reduced.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:11:15 pm by adwarf »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2011, 07:43:47 pm »

That's all of us.

Talarion, prove you can keep up with all of us.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2011, 08:37:10 pm »

I hope my characters age isn't a problem, and I also hope him being the son of the Demon Lord who killed Zaphol Cifian is ok to. Do I need to add anything else?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2011, 08:47:11 pm »

I think that gets you purged. Just a little bit.
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2011, 08:50:24 pm »

I think that gets you purged. Just a little bit.
What my father having killed Zaphol Cifian?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2011, 08:52:15 pm »

Yup. But I dunno. I dont write the setting
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2011, 08:56:54 pm »

I hope it works it took me forever to work that whole thing out also I am the oldest out all of you. Also I wish I knew the name of the guy whose limbs were shadows since it would help with my backstory.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2011, 09:29:33 pm »

Okay, one thing I should probably make clear. One; Demon features come with the manifestation of the abilities. If you want them to always be active, then you wouldn't be accepted into Zaphain and you'd be locked up and sealed, because you'd permanently be in a state of Full Manifestation (Which would slowly corrupt you into being a full Demon) of roughly 20%+. And Two; Half-Demons live as long as everyone else. Maybe a tad longer if they are lucky, but 100 years is the limit. Like any normal Human. Third; Demons don't have Half-Demon children. Being a Half-Demon is being tainted by Energy in some way, usually because a powerful demon lives in an area near your mother while you are still growing inside of her, and you had an exceptional resonance with Demonic Energy. Fourth of all; There is no alternate personality. Demonic Energy causes you, you personally, to become aggressive, violent and berserker-like. A lot of reasons why rogue Half-Demons want to die or become Full Demon, because they remember EVERYTHING they did while in their Berserk Manifestation. In fact, nearly all rogue Half-Demons, and even some from Zaphain will've killed a family member due to not being able to control their ability. And last, but not least, the Demon Lord who killed Zaphol Cifain, even if you had .01% of his power, you'd easily destroy nearly anything.

On another note, Tarran; The wings and tail are easy to get. You could use a Partial Manifestation to get wings+tail, but it wouldn't be prudent to have them out all the time due to the energy drain. Also, I realised you wouldn't be in Full Manifestation, because it wasn't your whole body being transformed, just your Wings/Tail appearing. And, Riccto, wanna know a fun fact? Zaphol Cifain had Lightning Manipulation as his Talent. Congratulations, you'll be hailed a little higher because of your Talent's resemblance to the Founder's.

Oh, as for his name... It's Cyphus Leroe. (Shadow guy, that is.)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2011, 09:32:45 pm »

Ok then let me get to changing the backstory, adn other stuff.

EDIT:
The way I had it I used to be a demon, but Cyphus Leroe helped me take on a human form, and learn to control my demon self.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:34:53 pm by adwarf »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2011, 09:39:38 pm »

Lol. Hooray for playing copious amounts of Infamous. I was thinking about going with Energy Absorbtion and Manipulation like Speedball (The Marvel Comic book character) But then I remembered that power required me to get punched in the face by demons...So I decided against it :P
Raggle Fraggle

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2011, 09:41:42 pm »

Infamous! I had 1 around somewhere, but I lost it, and now I want to play it... and I want to play 2 aswell, but I haven't got it :(

EDIT:
The way I had it I used to be a demon, but Cyphus Leroe helped me take on a human form, and learn to control my demon self.

Ah, so you're a Demon-turned-Half-Demon? Otherwise you'd have to have a level of power and control that you'd be considered a Demon Lord yourself.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:46:22 pm by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2011, 09:44:27 pm »

Well I got ahold of my copy of the first one in the PSN Welcome back deal so I just have it downloaded. And I really want to play the second one also
Also a question with the resemblance with the founder. Does this mean with the slight bit of more respect does that mean I'm getting more flak from demons :O
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2011, 09:45:36 pm »

Infamous! I had 1 around somewhere, but I lost it, and now I want to play it... and I want to play 2 aswell, but I haven't got it :(

EDIT:

Ah, so you're a Demon-turned-Half-Demon? Otherwise you'd have to have a level of power and control that you'd be considered a Demon Lord yourself.
Ya pretty much, and I have seal that Cyphus made within me, and if it is destroyed my demon form takes over, and I have the 1/5 the power of that demon lord. With the seal still active I have no where near the power I had in my demon form, but I can still manifest as one if need be, but I cna only hold that form so long before Hellbringer starts taking over, and the seal cuts off all the demonic power.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2011, 09:47:27 pm »

For the sake of fairness, adwarf, I'm going to have to ask you to massively nerf your character. Some of the end bosses you guys will be fighting won't even have 1/20th of the power of that one Demon Lord. Hell, the strongest you will fight will be 1/8th of his power. The Demon Lord was a Legendary Power among Legendary Powers. Zaphol Cifain, who could pretty much incinerate an entire planet with a single bolt of lightning from his hands, had to sacrafice himself to kill this Demon Lord. That's the scale of power.

And Riccto, if Demons see your abilities... they will either a) say 'OH SHIT' and start running or b) Charge at you even more viciously than normal.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2011, 09:49:24 pm »

Ok working on it nwo give me a bit to mess with it some more.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24