Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 10=- Tokens...?  (Read 19699 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Zaphain, Modern Fantasy RTD. -=Turn 2=- Revelation
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2011, 04:08:20 pm »

I'm already dragging him Tarren, by the back of his shirt.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2011, 04:09:52 pm »

Careful, though. Dude's slippery as heck.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2011, 04:10:48 pm »

You'd run around a mountain, with atleast one angry demon, without a shirt?
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2011, 04:12:50 pm »

a) you're probably only grabbing him by the jacket and b) he's probably be in Bielefeld before anybody notices he's gone.

He has a tendency to be like that.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2011, 04:13:17 pm »

I'm already dragging him Tarren, by the back of his shirt.
I'm gonna kill you, KaguroDrava.

Anyway, whoops, missed it. Whatever, dual dragging for the win.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2011, 05:29:21 pm »

Ok I edited my turn a bit more, and added quite a bit into my turn.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2011, 05:31:26 pm »

...Really? Bluh. Demons are evil. evil is evil.
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2011, 05:33:47 pm »

...Really? Bluh. Demons are evil. evil is evil.
What did I do that is evil?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2011, 05:36:44 pm »

Well. I just skimmed over your character and I thought he was under some form of contract/ binding that put him to work with the Zaphain. but working to become the Demon Lord just.... Yeah I dunno, the way things have read have looked Mary Sue-esq.
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2011, 05:39:49 pm »

I am a demon my master helped me seal myself into a human form, and the Council of Six are about the only people that know. Also I aim to become the King of Demons to stop the war between us, and humans. I just work with Zaphain so that I might one day have the chance to fight the current Demon King, and kill him taking his position, and then begin bringing peace my people, adn yours.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2011, 01:44:32 am »

Funny thing is, there is no Demon King. Demon's aren't a unified race; They're just a collective number of malevolent creatures which have the munchies for humans, to put it childishly. Also, even if they were a race, those are some mighty high aiming goals for a spent up Demon-turned-Half-Demon who only has a few years to live, if he uses no power at all. <.< Seriously, there's one reason only Renard can be so old; The seal. It keeps his power in check. And, after living for nearly FOUR CENTURIES, even the most powerful of Demon Lords would be at a level where one of you could take it on. Giving a human Comparison... Young Demon Lord = Young Human Male. Renard = Old man. If Renard were Human, he'd be shouting 'Gerroff mah lawn shunneh!' and waving a cane around; If the cane was light enough for him to lift. The pro is, Renard is a Demon, so he doesn't decline like that, and he has 400 years of experience fighting Demons with Zaphain (AND he was taught by Cyphus Leroe) but the cons are, he is severely weakened compared to his prime, he can't use much more than 10% of his power for very long otherwise he'd rapidly start draining himself. His most favourable role would be acting as a support character, in combat. He's powerful, yeah, so at the start he's definitely your ace... but his potential is all but run out, whereas everyone else has room to grow. I was actually hesitant at first to let the character pass, but I realised a way it COULD work, and thought of that. So really, Adwarf, if you want to pre-emptively get on the waiting list, I encourage it. Because if there is ever a boss battle where things are looking bad... and you decide to go all out, for the team? It's pretty much a Suicide Attack. The laws of nature say that Renard should be dead, many times over. And because of this, every time he uses his abilities, his life expectancy drops dramatically. It's not a matter of decades; It's a matter of years. Having that Partial Manifestation alone is shaving days, if not weeks off every few seconds he holds it.

Sorry for the assholishness, but I feel it's my duty as a DM to point this out; I set down my rules. I was nice enough to let you in, even though your character was pushing the rules, (400 years old, full Demon rather than Half, Demon LORD to boot) and I'm not going to let you keep this character for free. Again, sorry for being an asshole, but... you see my point, right?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2011, 01:49:59 am »

I was planning on doing that when ever we encountered a boss that we couldn't defeat than I would turn into my true demon form, adn destroy, but using my true form throughout the fight woudl drain me of my life power,and I would die. My second character ( if I get in again ) will be Renard's apprentice a 19 year old half-demon orphan.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2011, 01:53:08 am »

I actually have some plans for Renard, if and when you actually decide to suicide attack an enemy. And my ideas... they are epic. I'll PM them to you to see if you mind.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2011, 01:55:21 am »

Renard is a plot character, but his apprentice holds the same wish Renard does,a dn wishes to become the first King of Demons (if it is alright for him to be another demon that is)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2011, 02:02:13 am »

No. More. Demons. Seriously... And becoming the King of Demons would require you to have an ability to dominate the minds of EVERY SINGLE DEMON in the world. That would be god hacks. Not even TRUE GODS have that much power. It just isn't possible. It's like trying to become the king of WOLVES. Insane, Rabid Wolves that attack anything and everything. That don't feel pain and never learn. It is literally impossible.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24