Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Twinklepulley - Haunted Tropical Forest (succession)  (Read 11230 times)

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2011, 06:46:20 pm »

Dairy, Zech Overseer of Twinklepulley, Moonstone 19th

Our dining hall is in operation! It's all smoothed out, we just need some more tables and chairs.

Dairy, Zech Overseer of Twinklepulley, Moonstone 24th

I've had two levers installed in the dining hall. The one closest to the stairway is for the main bridge to the fortress, the other is for a bridge that will seal the entrance to the caverns.

Dairy, Zech Overseer of Twinklepulley, Obsidian 11th

The shrine and memorial hall are marginally done. I plan on putting statues behind each slab if I can, but time is running out. As soon as the Spring arrives I will retire from my post as Overseer.

Dairy, Zech Overseer of Twinklepulley, Obsidian 16th

I am having small tombs delved out for myself and Futility. Nothing too ostentatious, just a little place befitting our status as founders and overseers of Twinklepulley.

Dairy, Zech Overseer of Twinklepulley, Obsidian 22th

Another ambush! To arms defenders of Twinklepulley!

Dairy, Zech Overseer of Twinklepulley, Obsidian 26th

The assault has been repulsed, but we have sustained heavy casualties and two fatalities. katana II survived the battle with some injury.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twinklepulley - Haunted Tropical Forest (succession)
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2011, 07:38:36 pm »

Kipi, you're up. 

I'm gonna be out of town for a week.  Most likely this will have a marginal impact upon the workings.  Anyway, see you next Tuesday all!

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2011, 11:37:33 pm »

Zach, you know you're spelling a product of milk, not a list of events like a journal when you spell "Dairy" right?
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 06:19:33 am »

Zach, you know you're spelling a product of milk, not a list of events like a journal when you spell "Dairy" right?

Whoops.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2011, 06:31:43 am »

set up a hospital >_>
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2011, 08:35:28 am »

Posting that I'm here, will begin my turn later today.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2011, 01:18:58 pm »

set up a hospital >_>
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2011, 05:43:06 pm »

The diary of Kipi II

1st of Granite, year 16

New year has arrived, and it was time to elect new overseer for this fortress. As a mayor of this place me, Erush Confinecloisters, I was chosen to the position. It is also a tradition for overseers to select special name for themselves, and thus I decided to take the name Kipi II, inspired by one of the original seven who established this fortress.

Now, truth to be told, I will have a huge task in front of me, as the previous leaders have left the place in disorganized. And we are missing hospital as well! How many lives could have been saved if we had one? I don't want to think about that.

So, during the next year I should be able to get some sense in this fortress.

3rd of Granite, year 16

I promoted Helmtrades, one of our soldiers, to the position of captain of the guard.

I also ordered the construction of jail. Why all this? Because we are missing some law enforcement here, and I will not tolerate any more criminals avoiding the punishment. Futility is already waiting for his punishment long enough, I don't want to give the signal that unacceptable behavior is tolerated here.

4th of Granite, year 16

Apparently our new captain of the guard wasn't interested in waiting for the jails to be ready. Instead she decided to convert the 101 days in prison to beating.

Well, since the type of punishment was beating, I think you can imagine what happened? Yep, that's right, we are missing a broker right now. Rest in peace Futility!

Now, I did a bit of inspection, and it turned out that Helmtrades was assigned to carry iron battle axe. And of course she had to use the blade end of the axe while beating Futility, not her fists nor even the shaft. Ah well, I hope that this incident serves as a good warning to everybody else; if you don't obey the laws you shall feel my wrath!

5th of Granite, year 16

We have new broker now, a lad called Chainedmirror. I don't really know him, but at least his recommendations were excellent, so I saw no reason to not give him the job. I also appointed one of our doctors, lass named Bluntedbridged, or something like that, to the position of chief medical dwarf. Yeah, we don't have proper hospital yet, but that's currently under construction.

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2011, 07:40:56 pm »

I bet Katana is happy.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2011, 05:30:27 am »

16th of Granite, year 16

I have ordered the entrance to be cleaned a bit. To do that we needed new stockpiles for refuse and cages, and so those were established at the ground level.

Our new hospital is also ready, which was good news especially to katana II, who went to see the doctor immediately he heard that the facility is ready.

On a side note, our food supplies, and especially alcohol supplies, are running low. I have to see what can be done to solve this problem.

17th of Granite, year 16

I went to see katana II today, and while his injuries weren't serious in itself both his right foot and right lower arm has been infected. Now, I talked to the chief doctor and he said that they could have been able to prevent the infection if there had been proper hospital early enough.

Now, as the doctor explained to me, the infections may not be lethal yet, but if either one manages to spread to vital organs then the situation turns much worse. The only possibility we have is wait and see what happens. Shame, after all katana II is our militia commander and one of the best soldiers we have here.

1st of Slate, year 16

I don't know whose idea it was to order the construction of metal crafts while nobody was assigned to that task. And here I was sitting and wondering why my order of lay pewter statue wasn't completed yet. Well, I went to check the status of our forges and found out that no work has been done in a long time, as there were these crafts queued to be made. Well, it was my duty to solve the problem, and so all three smiths we have are now responsible for producing the crafts as well. I hope I don't have to hear any excuses about this anymore.

12th of Slate, year 16

To solve the food problem I decided to order a new farm to be built. This new farm is big, biggest single farm that we can support, and it will be used to farm plump helmets only. Yes, since I ordered some alcohol to be brewed our situation has got slightly better, but our supplies still can't support higher population for long. I hope this new farm helps us at it.

Few new stockpiles have also been set up. I don't understand how someone thought that we would manage with few general stockpiles. At the beginning those could have been more than enough, but definitely not anymore. I also don't understand why no bins has been produced lately? If we have more of those we can fit much more into the stockpiles we have. So, I ordered bunch of bins to be constructed, along with barrels which we will need if we want to continue our brewing operation.

21st of Slate, year 16

New group of migrants arrived our fortress today.

Twenty-one migrants, with wide assertion of animals, decided to test their luck and join our community, bringing our population up to ninety-two dwarves. How in earth are we going to support such a population? I hope the farm we built earlier is enough for that, otherwise we are in deep trouble.

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2011, 08:58:18 am »

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2011, 09:41:00 am »

2nd of Felsite, year 16

Another dwarf died today. One of our soldiers had been training too hard for too long, and thus died to dehydration.

I don't get it, we have enough booze stored, and there are sources of fresh water outside. Still this soldiers dies to thirst. So, we need more soldiers. We have only a handful left. A full squad of ten, preferably equipped with adamantine, would be a good thing. I must see what I can do.

7th of Felsite, year 16

One of our masons went to fey today.

He claimed one of our masonries and begun demanding materials. To satisfy his needs we had to butcher two our animals, though that was a small price from keeping one of our fellow dwarves sane.

12th of Felsite, year 16

I was informed that a group of elves is approaching our fortress. It seems that they are here for trading, so I ordered the crafts to be hauled to depot.

16th of Slate, year 16

I met the elves today, and they greeted me warmly. Apparently they were happy that we had hold our part of the deal of keeping the cutting of trees in minimum. When I checked the goods they had brought to us I became very angry. The deal was that we try to keep the cutting in minimum and in exchange elves would trade some wood to us. And how many logs they brought? None! Zero! This is unacceptable!

They made us look like fools! So it was only right to punish them for this insolence! And the only way to punish them is to slay them and claim their wares as our own! So, I sent katana II and his squad mate to deal the hippies.

Good thing one of the previous rulers decided to build a wall around the depot, so it was easy to lock the elves inside, giving them no chance to escape the wrath of our soldiers. The five merchant were killed swiftly, katana II doing the most of the killing as he claimed four heads to himself. When they came out from the depot it was covered in blood. Elven blood. It will take ages to clean the depot to it's former state. Well, we have lots of spare workers to do that, so no harm done.

My mother always taught me to look for the positive sides of things. As we claimed the wares our alcohol supplies tripled, and food supplies doubled. We also claimed other useful goods like cages, animals, crafts and so on. And we didn't have to pay for those! And our soldiers even got some practice while slaying the hippies. So in the end this was a good day, even though I'm still annoyed the traitorous behavior the elves showed here.

21st of Felsite, year 16

The goblins are getting restless again. Today we found out that four snatchers had tried to enter the fortress, to steal our children. Well, fortunately our traps were efficient enough and none of the goblins managed to reach the bridge. I'm still a bit worried that we are going to deal another ambush, perhaps even a siege, soon.

23rd of Felsite, year 16

I knew it! The goblins were scheming to infiltrate our fortress again! And this time they didn't send thieves or snatchers, but a ambush squad instead!

Fortunately our traps caged four of the invading goblins, and I ordered katana II and his squad mate to deal with the lonely attacker...

Unfortunately the goblin squad didn't come alone. There was another squad coming from the north, though luckily there was no archers among the attackers.

Katana II was able to kill the lonely goblin from the first ambush squad, and so I ordered them to return to the walled area. Unfortunately one dwarf decided to venture outside, attracting the attention of the second goblins squad which had been chasing down some animal.

I saw no other option than send katana II and his squad out, though when they reached the traps the goblins had already slain the poor dwarf.

While our heroes were rushing out third goblin squad appeared from east. I saw no other option than to dwar the bridge, though unfortunately I didn't know which lever was connected to it. So, as we had a small panic outside I just ordered both levers to be pulled.

The third squad was slain or captured by the traps. At the same time Pearwork, our second soldier, was able to force the second squad to flee by himself. That's remarkable feat as she possessed no weapon nor any armor. Sadly she was injured during the process, but at least she was still alive and goblins running away in fear.

And what was katana II doing while his comrade was wrestling with goblins? Sleeping! I tell you, this duo is hardcore!

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2011, 11:11:45 am »

Poor bone carver.

Btw, that wall was originally for the same purpose, locking elves in. :)

Zhaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2011, 11:15:32 am »

Hey guys, can I be moved down to the bottom of the current cue. I leave with work in a couple of days and will be gone for a week or two so will miss my turn as it stands. Hopefully back in time when it comes up again but ill repost when I be back if the game is still kicking.
Urist: It's 106 miles from the mountainhomes, we got a full wagon of gas, half a pick of cigarettes, it's dark down there, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Catten: Hit it.
Damn you vile character limit!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6