Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Twinklepulley - Haunted Tropical Forest (succession)  (Read 11227 times)

theduck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Twinklepulley - Haunted Tropical Forest (succession)
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 01:47:52 am »

I'll take a turn.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 09:26:50 am »

Oh ffs, honestly I have something to say:

Are you crazy? Why do you send an unarmored low-skill dwarf in to fight MULTIPLE. ZOMBIE. FUCKING ELEPHANTS.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 09:32:01 am »

*ghost katana*
Well that idiot futility decided to send me to fight a huge amount of undead elephants. Wait. How am I thinking this. I thought I was dead? Maybe I am dead, I can see this coffin right in front of me, with my name on it.

Coffins were meant to make the dead at peace, so they don't come back to haunt the living. I don't quite feel at peace. But I don't quite feel like stalking some of my living acquaintances, and all my real friends are dead as well. It would still be nice to mess with futility, maybe torture him a little. Just for some revenge. Maybe zech too, since they seem to be so in love. At the same time, I don't seem to be able to move from this grave area...

Hey look, someone's coming. Zulban or something. He was just a stonecrafter with no relatives, I suppose nobody will miss him if he was mysteriously possessed...

___
4th granite

Futility walks up to me and says I'm in charge. Doesn't even call me by his (my?) name. I'm just in charge now. First things first: let's get my old sword.

... Wow, I'm disappointed. My sword is worse than I remember, and I am too. Let's begin training. The military will be reworked, and this somewhat adequate swordswarf, Inod, will have to live without equipment. And you know what? Futility, you're going to pay. Later. First of all, we make me some steel.

*some time later*

Futility. I doubt your ability to lead a military entirely. You made our only smith a marksdwarf. A smith is not expendable. But you are now. Go out and hunt, good luck :)

We need the food anyway. Sure we have lots of prepared stuff, but we should have some more stuff for the cooks.
And some tallow for soap. I like soap. Gauntlets are cool too.

7th granite

We struck magnetite while digging out the new military training area.

If I get any reports of somebody dying due to lack of equipment, I will kill the overseer.

20th granite

No. This can't be right. We have no flux stone? How do we have no flux stone? How did the metalsmiths make steel before?
... I'll kill whoever keeps doing this to us.

9th slate

I have an idea to speed up my painfully slow training.

Get me a wood training sword.

16th slate

Three major events happened today.

1.Kadol, the furnace operator, gave birth to a boy.
I guess it's a good thing. furnace operators are under appreciated, helpful workers.

2. I'm digging a path to the caverns, to line with cage traps and train.

3. I  have a rubber wood training sword.

2nd felsite
Migrants!
1: A clothier good at all crafts (well, we'll have somebody to replace futility in case of an accident)
2: A high master butcher (good if futility gets a few lucky kills)
3: A tanner, and strand extractor. He was a strand extractor. He used to live in a fortress with adamantine. I wonder why he moved...
4: An animal caretaker. What do those actually do? Well, this girl's also a proficient gem cutter.
5: An accomplished bone carver. I miss carving bones. it's all futility's fault...
And some livestock to be slaughtered. I hate reindeer.

3rd felsite

Ladies, gentlemen, Futility, today we find the magma sea.

... or not. All that digging will take a while.

16th felsite

An elven caravan. I hate elves so much. Maybe this will be a nice opportunity to get some training. This'll be good. Looks like they brought an elephant with them. MORE REASON TO HATE THEM.

4th malachite

I just noticed. MARBLE. IN THE FORTRESS. YESSSSSS

5th malachite

I feel just as good as I used to with my sword now.

16th malachite

Our armorer gives birth to a child.

17th malachite

RAW ADAMANTINE!
People giving birth seems lucky.

5. Minutes. Later. I see this.

And of course the screams afterwards.

Luckily, we somehow walled it off in time.

___

our bookkeeper counts roughly 275 units of adamantine. I'm going to get myself some equipment then :)

1st galena

Migrants!
1: An accomplished trapper, and talented comedian
2: another clothier, also claiming to be a marksdwarf (novice...)
3: a high master wood cutter
4: A wax worker
5: A talented fighter, and a high master thresher
And the rest I couldn't be bothered to greet.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:57:48 am by katana »
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 02:58:37 pm »

Diary, Zech, 8th of Sandstone

A lot has happened, since I came to this place months ago. Only now, after some migrants have come to assist in the burdens me and Futility, the only ones to survive, share can I stop to record them. This is a place blessed by Armok. But Armok's blessings are not always pleasant for mortals

I never wanted to come to this place. I'd heard the horror stories from such expeditions before. Boatmurdered, Headshoots, and more. Why leave the relative safety of the Mountain Halls to risk it all on the chance we might find great riches? Better to stay in our place and do our best where we are. For me that would be providing food from the earth, for I am a farmer. But, Futility managed to convince me. His/her (?) exuberance and excitement at the possibilities of such an expedition made me think I was being too stodgy, too stubborn. Was I right? Or is there still some hope for some good to come of this? We shall see.

It started innocently enough. We slaughtered one of the horses and used it's remains for carving, made beds for everyone and I started doing my work. Working with the soil, bringing forth life. When I was young I wanted to be a miner. I, like all dwarves, loved the earth and stone. Even now the idea appeals to me. However, when my father had me apprenticed to a farmer, I learned a new way to work with the earth, and a way I could provide for my fellow dwarves. Also, plants are used to make alcohol. It seemed like my anxiety of coming was unfounded, but there were still those sounds...

A few days later we received word from Katana that these sounds were of undead peafowl. Nothing he couldn't handle, but there could be worse things out there... But all we could do was wait and see what would come. In the meantime, I adopted one of the horses as a pet, naming him Morul osastesh. Perhaps it was selfish. After all we could have used it for food and crafts. However, it is too late to wonder about that now. As it turned out, that horse helped me to cope with what was to come. For our worst fears came to pass.

Elephants. The scourge of Boatmurdered and many other fortresses. They are dangerous enough when alive, but when dead and reanimated by fell forces? A true horror...

The warrior, Katana went out to meet them. He knew he was doomed, but went regardless... I wonder what went through his head when he was marching to the battle? Was it thoughts of honor and duty, or fear and terror? Regardless of what it was, I will not let it be said that he was a coward, for he did his duty, though it cost him his life. The foul things that were once elephants struck him down, as Futility saw when she went out.

It was a hectic time, as we frantically scrambled to set up some defenses. However, they were on us earlier then we expected. I don't remember much of the chaotic battle that followed, only that when it was finished only three of us remained, and soon Kipi took leave of her senses and began ranting and raving. She will not drink or eat, and it is only a matter of time before she dies. I threw myself into my labors, hoping that we could survive until someone brave or foolish came, so we would not die alone in this hellish place. Not that I want to die with company either, now that migrants have finally arrived...

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 03:39:16 pm »

I still don't believe you guys were reduced to 3 ;_;

Update coming up soon.

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 04:20:02 pm »

6th limestone

While I was trying to train on one of our new prisoners, a bunch of idiots decided to walk in and let him out.

7th limestone

After watching that goblin escape, I've just realized how terrible our defenses our. There is a door THROUGH THE TRAP AREA. This will all be rebuilt in stone.

10th limestone

We're building out of shale. But we're running out of shale. We also have a terrible graveyard, corpses (me) should deserve more than this! So I'll dig out a graveyard and get more stone at the same time. Plus maybe a nice dining hall.

20th limestone

More migrants.
1: talented gem setter, at least the guy is adequate at furnace operating. You can't decorate a sword with gems, so I ahte gem working in general.
2: A peasant who can.. swim? Go be a mason, help build the walls.
3: A noob at all crafts, good at none. Masonry for you.
4: A macedwarf peasant. Well, I need a sparring partner. We'll make you a nice steel mace.
5: a novice swordsdwarf. He may be a novice, but he could probably teach me something about dodging. Military for him!

Sadly, it seems a clothier had gone berserk, never really remembered him. We had to kill him. Sadly, it wasn't futility.

3rd moonstone

I just realized how much we lack trade goods. Futility, I think we finally found you a use. Make robes. LOTS OF THEM.

26th moonstone
Oh, some time ago a gem setter was possessed. He's still working. Also, our basic walls are complete, with a large amount of cage traps. We have an absolutely massive supply of iron ore.

27th moonstone
Oh, the gem cutter is done. A coffin! Worth 648000. This will belong to me :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:37:27 pm by katana »

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 11:59:13 pm »

I can't believe we survived at all.  At one point it was 4 partially wounded elephants against 4 untrained dwarves.  Thought I might be re-embarking.

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 09:37:27 am »

I'm going to rework our defenses. We're going to have a lot of siege engines and traps >:D

Also, I have a plan to conquer hell, trying it on my personal fort. No repeating spike traps or siege engines there >:D

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 11:48:23 pm »

Almost done, Katana?

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 07:52:09 am »

Yeah, just got winter left. My laptop died yesterday so I couldn't answer or do anything.

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 07:58:00 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4531

that bridge was meant to lead to a small fortified tower for archers and siege engines.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 02:39:30 am »

Alright then, you're up Lord Zack.  Feel free to redorf.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 06:08:30 am »

Alright, I'll be starting my turn later today.

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2011, 06:13:43 am »

So, how's it going?

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 07:56:00 am »

Sorry for the delay, but I haven't been able to get started until now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6