Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Twinklepulley - Haunted Tropical Forest (succession)  (Read 11225 times)

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Twinklepulley - Haunted Tropical Forest (succession)
« on: June 11, 2011, 04:46:14 am »

You walk down the hallway toward the dining hall of the Mountainhome.  Nailed to the wall next to the double-doors is a notice.

"Tired of the same old microcline walls? Tired of the plump helmets roasts? The Exploratory Force of Fortresses (EFF) is looking for volunteers to brave the Southern 'Forests of Meanness.'  Unknown treasure and adventure await!  A meeting will be held in the dining hall on Hematite 1.  Join us in EFF!"

----------------------------------------------------

This shall be a succession game in the true spirit of Dwarf Fortress.  Usual rules: 2 days to respond once your turn is up, 1 week to finish an in-game year. 

All of the starting dwarves are up to the first 7 overseers, so we shall not begin until the first 7 are chosen. Please only request an initial dwarf if you're committed to do your turn.  Who am I kidding, pick your dorfs!

The embark:

As for me, I'm going to be:
Proficient Weaver / Proficient Clothier.

Once I've got the first 7 we'll get going!

Turn List:

EDIT: PM me if you want a turn.

Finished
In Progress
To Go

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:33:15 pm by futility »

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Re: Twinklepulley - Haunted Tropical Forest (succession)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 07:47:59 am »

Katana:
4 points in swords (skilled)
5 points in bone carving (proficient)
1 point in butchery (novice)

:3
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 01:04:34 am »

Removed overseer requirement.  1st 7 get Dorfed!

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 04:07:16 am »

Ooh me I'd like a dwarf!

Noodle:
As many points as you can in mechanic

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 07:53:59 am »

Could I be a bonecarver, named goat?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 01:37:02 pm »

I'd like to be dwarfed as Zech. I will also want a turn as overseer.

Zyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 02:36:45 pm »

Can I be dwarfed?; Zyro, 6 points in wrestler and 4 in miner.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 02:44:22 pm »

I would like to be dwarved and overseer.

Name: Kipi
Skills: 5 points to masonry, 4 points to engraving and 1 point to architecture.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 03:56:14 pm »

Alright, that's 7! I'll get started before too long.

Zhaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 01:01:44 am »

I'll take a turn xD

If there is a mason in the first migrant wave Dorf me as him too!!!
Urist: It's 106 miles from the mountainhomes, we got a full wagon of gas, half a pick of cigarettes, it's dark down there, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Catten: Hit it.
Damn you vile character limit!!!

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 04:01:23 pm »

I just finished the first year.  I'll get around to the update and uploading the save later today.  Boy summer was a doozy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 04:07:26 pm »

I'd like some kind of military dorf, preferbly a marks/axedwarf named G.

And I would like a turn.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 05:37:35 pm »

**Incoming Prologue**
-----------------------------------------

Diary of Futility, clothier:

Early Autumn:
Today several people were talking about the new plans for the Mountainhomes.  Apparently, there's a new guild devoted to going out and starting new homes to expand our wealth.  This sounds fantastic! I can't wait to go!

Min Autumn:
I've decided to join the expedition to "The Forests of Meanness."  For some reason, none of the other tailors wanted to go there.  I can't imagine why - it's a jungle! Maybe I'll get my own pet monkey!

Early Winter:
We've been traveling for quite some time now.  Finally we see the forests ahead.  A lot of the trees don't have leaves on them.  Aren't jungle trees evergreen?  Oh listen to me, sounding like an elf.  I'm sure there's no reason for concern.

This place is amazing! Peafowl, gibbons, even elephants!  I've heard some dwarves speak of elephants as bloodthirsty, but I can't imagine how they got that idea.  They're so serene, and what lovely trumpeting.

Late Winter:
As we delve deeper into the forest, I keep hearing strange calls.  Some of them remind me of the sonorous call of the peacock, or the trumpet of an elephant, only... how to put it... as though filled with sorrow.  Also there are strange shuffling sounds, like someone dragging their feet.  Someone's playing a joke, surely!

We're running low on supplies.  The original plan was to get to the southern river, but we need to stop.  Our victuals are much spent, especially our booze.

What a shock! Everyone's decided that I ought to run the place.  Surely this is in recognition of my fine clothing.  Let's get down to business!

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 06:39:05 pm »

1 Granite:
This is my first day as overseer.  I've decided to take apart the wagon and slaugher one of the horses.  We need the materials.  The
other horse will be taken care of when we're done butchering / cooking all the horse meat.  We'll mine down into the ground and start our home off with some farms and bedrooms.

1 Slate:
Things have been going well!  We've made some crafts from the horse bones and everone has a bed for now.  Also the farms are up and running.  I can't wait for the first batch of pig tail thread to show up!

6Slate:
There's that sound again! It's like a peacock, but morose.  I asked Katana to go check it out.

Katana came back with a strange look on his face.
"What is it, Katana?"
"There were dead peafowl, walking around."
"What?!"
"They had a strange glow to their eyes.  Reddish.  Evil.  I took care of them."
"Well thank goodness for that!  Thanks!"
I then remember the other sounds we heard travelling here.

Oh please don't let it be so.

28 Slate:
Zech, the farmer, decided that our other horse was too cute to let be slaughtered. He said he'll take care of it, so I'm ok with it.

4 Hematite:
My fears have been realized today.

Katana left to destroy the evil ones.

26 Hematite:
Katana sure has been gone for a long time.  I'm going aboveground to check it out.

The horror!  Katana had been gored through the head.  The fiends are coming for us.  We must make preparations.  For now, everyone is a trap-maker.  They may call be an elf for doing so, but at least I'll be alive.

17 Malachite:
The beasts have come so close that everyone refuses to set any more traps.  They look mindless, so hopefully we can get a few with our stone-on-a-stick traps.

20 Malachite:
They breached the traps!  None of us really knows how to fight (except Zyro, who can wrestle), but we must defend this land for the Mountainhomes!  It's to arms for all of us, even the tailors.

24 Malachite:

Such tragedy.  There are only three of us left: myself, Kipi and Zech.  At least the unholy demonspawn are destroyed.  Now I know why elephants are feared.  The tusks! The trampling! That horrible trunk!  We must prepare for the future.  This must not happen again.

28 Malachite:
We've all been destroyed by the loss of our comrades.  Misery fills the air.  The only thing that's been keeping us sane is our labor.
Unfortunately Kipi lost it today.  The melancholy was too much.  I fear for her health.

29 Malachite:
Migrants?!  Apparently these dwarves are part of the second wave planned to settle the forest.  Now we are nine.  I am thankful, we need every back available to haul stone to our traps.  We've begun the line.

10 Galena:
Kipi, why?  She no longer would take water or booze. She just... died of thirst.  You shall be missed.

8 Sandstone:
More souls have come to our woeful home.  Hopefully they can help to restore some normalcy among the halls.  Two of the new arrivals know how to operate a crossbow, and another a swordsdwarf.  I shall tell them what they must do, if the time comes. Our improvise trap line is complete, with holes our archers to shoot through.  Should the time come, all will be asked to operate a crossbow.

19 Timber:
A caravan from the mountainhomes came today.  We've just about returned operations to normal, and actually managed to produce some crafts.  I've made a few bags that were wonderfully dyed by Mistem.  We'll trade for food and other supplies.

4 Moonstone:
I bargained with the traders to take our crafts for some more booze, cloth, leather, and food items.  The yak they carried was
tempting, but we don't have anyone skillful enough for that kind of butchery.  This is what they want of us:

15 Moonstone:
More of the dead elephants have been stalking around outside.  I sent our archers to try to scare them off.  They reported to put down two of the beasts, and the rest shuffled off, polluting the air with constant moaning.

29 Obsidian:
I've begun to feel like myself again.  Working the loom and sewing have taken my mind off of the horrors I have seen.  Nevertheless, I have had enough of directing actions.  I need the peace that working cloth brings.  Someone else can manage the fort.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:48:13 pm by futility »

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 06:39:32 pm »

Alright, you're up Katana!  I'll post the save here when it's uploaded.

SAVE
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:50:15 pm by futility »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6