Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 96

Author Topic: Strangest Shit Ever  (Read 135434 times)

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest Shit Ever
« Reply #870 on: June 27, 2011, 10:31:54 pm »

No, but if you made up a civilization of these creatures based on the premise that as a fortress crumbles it's compliment of necros goes feral and bands together in larger and larger groups, attacking targets much larger than themselves. You could have sieges of swarms of really weak but intense and numerous necros to fight against with your own. Imagine your iron clad soldiers being swamped in 15-20 necros each, struggling to survive against. One wonders if you increase the scale based on population or wealth created, easy scout groups sent out by the horde to find new bodies, battlefields and corpses to reproduce and tighten their necrotic grip on the world.

If you tweaked the files, you could end up different castes created to serve different purposes. Ones composed of a gas bag and two legs to serve as a suicide soldier, another as a building destroyer to act as a battering ram, yet another fast attack capable of throwing soldiers and tearing through defensive positions and then attacking your civilians.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 27, 2011, 11:03:04 pm »

Then there can be death troops, which are rare but nigh unkillable.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 27, 2011, 11:10:51 pm »

Frankenstein monsters would require doctor skills to create. A butcher might get to make the parts, but the doctor puts it all together.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 27, 2011, 11:16:58 pm »

Frankenstein monsters would require doctor skills to create. A butcher might get to make the parts, but the doctor puts it all together.

Butcher for the lower forms, the more basic soldiers. Doctors for the higher, tougher forms.
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 27, 2011, 11:32:11 pm »

ber-berber-ber-ber-berberber-berber-ber-ber-berberberber-ber-bercatten!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 28, 2011, 12:26:26 am »

Wow, that "theme song" scares me...
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 28, 2011, 01:02:29 am »

Butcher for the lower forms, the more basic soldiers. Doctors for the higher, tougher forms.

As in six-armed dwarfenstein's monsters with adamantine battleaxes grafted onto each hand?

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 28, 2011, 01:23:03 am »

No, as in adamantine axes grafted onto three hands and platinum crossbows grafted onto the other three, with smaller hands grafted behind them to reload and shoot them.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 28, 2011, 01:27:55 am »

No, as in adamantine axes grafted onto three hands and platinum crossbows grafted onto the other three, with smaller hands grafted behind them to reload and shoot them.

With adamantine plating stitched into the skin?

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 28, 2011, 01:41:15 am »

What else?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 28, 2011, 01:43:14 am »

adamantine rebar in the flesh, duh.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 28, 2011, 01:43:36 am »

So we are excited about engineering a user-created creature that chews through most forgotten beasts with ease? And then setting it against our dwarfs? Interesting... your all a bunch of masochists, you know that right?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 28, 2011, 01:45:11 am »

So we are excited about engineering a user-created creature that chews through most forgotten beasts with ease? And then setting it against our dwarfs? Interesting... your all a bunch of masochists, you know that right?

I'm well aware of it. *Points at user text.*

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 28, 2011, 01:49:12 am »

Nah, it's fine. I'm just making sure I'm on the same page. Well, I was thinking, rather than single plates, use a number of smaller plates with redundant limbs and organs. This it can sustain damage. Also, necrotic syndrome blood.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 28, 2011, 01:51:44 am »

And some kind of freaky magic vortex in the mouth (Granted, that's probably gonna be several releases down the line, but still) that allows the abomination to spit slade bolts forged from the very plains of hell itself. And the occasional demon.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 96