Poll

Should Toady Take a Holiday?

Yes
- 85 (72.6%)
No
- 32 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Should Toady take a Holiday?  (Read 8682 times)

BronzeElemental

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Should Toady take a Holiday?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 10:25:59 pm »

If only half your body takes a break at a time you could probably go a couple more years before you need to take a break to sleep. Also, how do I prevent/cure frostbite?

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 12:12:12 am »

There needs to be a "Let Toady decide when Toady wants to take a holiday." option.

I for one hate it when people do the "You should take a holiday!" thing.
Then again, I also hate it when people do the "You don't have a spouce and children, so you're not getting days off on official holidays" thing.

Also, I dislike kiwi-fruit.

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 04:27:19 am »

Maybe it's just because I spent a while there following Notch's blog,

Yeah, Notch sort of takes holidays whenever he wants and decently often, because you know: "Screw you guys I'm a millionaire, I'm going to make a card game thing, haha!"

Oh Fuck Notch. Why I don't play Minecraft anymore isn't the gameplay, its Notch and his horrible attitude.

You know, no offence but thats a pretty stupid reason to not play a game.

No it isn't. Minecraft is clearly unfinished, and is full of potential about where it can go. But the way the game designer choose to approach it comes off as completely unfocused and inattentive- Tarn has all these wonderful goals and plans to make DF something really special. Notch would rather go and develop yet another game of cards, leaving unfinished, and with wasted potential. That is why I don't invest my time in a game that seems like it isn't going anywhere anymore.

Anyways, while I selfishly want Tarn to work nine days a week and post six development updates a day, a nice vacation is no doubt deserved.

So you don't play the game because it looks like it isn't going to receive a lot of updates and content irrespective of how good the actual gameplay is currently?
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, 03:09:49 pm »

Maybe it's just because I spent a while there following Notch's blog,

Yeah, Notch sort of takes holidays whenever he wants and decently often, because you know: "Screw you guys I'm a millionaire, I'm going to make a card game thing, haha!"

Oh Fuck Notch. Why I don't play Minecraft anymore isn't the gameplay, its Notch and his horrible attitude.

You know, no offence but thats a pretty stupid reason to not play a game.

No it isn't. Minecraft is clearly unfinished, and is full of potential about where it can go. But the way the game designer choose to approach it comes off as completely unfocused and inattentive- Tarn has all these wonderful goals and plans to make DF something really special. Notch would rather go and develop yet another game of cards, leaving unfinished, and with wasted potential. That is why I don't invest my time in a game that seems like it isn't going anywhere anymore.

Anyways, while I selfishly want Tarn to work nine days a week and post six development updates a day, a nice vacation is no doubt deserved.

So you don't play the game because it looks like it isn't going to receive a lot of updates and content irrespective of how good the actual gameplay is currently?
The actual gameplay is currently pretty thin.

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2011, 09:34:25 pm »

:P ROFL MINECRAFT TROLLING  :P

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 12:22:00 am »

I don't troll. I'm always 99.99% serious, repeating of course.
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...
Pages: 1 2 [3]