Incursion
- 5 (41.7%)
Zaphain
- 6 (50%)
Neither
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: New RTD ideas  (Read 3892 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
New RTD ideas
« on: June 10, 2011, 05:51:39 am »

I'm a fan of asking for other people's opinion, so.. What do you guys think? I have atleast two ideas for a new RTD, but I'm not too sure if I should have a new RTD anyways.

Spoiler: Zaphain (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Incursion (click to show/hide)

And lastly, nothing. Post your preference. For the record, by preference is one of the first two. Although I will have to be reminded a decent bit to keep Star of Xaviros updated. I am also planning on bringing back my first RTD, possibly restarting with a better system. It wasn't that well thought out, and I had no story to go on. But yeah. Feedback is also welcome, in fact I invite you: Criticise my plans all you like, they are general outlines, open to change at the moment.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: New RTD ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 05:53:49 am »

We do have the Roller's block thread for this.

And the first sounds cool.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 05:54:35 am »

I vote Incursion myself, though both would be fun.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 05:55:37 am »

I say the second, as it sounds like UFO aftermath with the exception of the fact their weapons are more effective.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 05:59:01 am »

I like doing my own thing. Also, isn't the Rollers block for people who have ideas/a want to DM, but not the other? Whereas here I'm asking for opinions on my ideas which I want to DM... <.< It doesn't really matter but eh. Also, Ever seen Stargate? The Grays weapons are sort of like Jaffa weapons. Not meant for efficiency, but more to cause fear/pain/panic. Though they could probably burn a hole through you, you have a higher chance of survival than, say, a bullet wound. It would be a nasty wound though.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 06:03:16 am »

You could make the weapons realistic, in that the aliens have to get into 100M for the plasma weaponry to be effective and the lasers require 2-3 to kill (VERY long ranged though) and are stopped completely by smoke and such.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 06:06:46 am »

Thanks for the idea. But yeah, I actually got the idea of Incursion from planning for SoX >.> Just was thinking further along, then though of an epic scene of an Alien Spaceship coming down to the planet (somewhat like Harbinger on Eden Prime from ME1) ... But yeah. Also, there is one Gray weapon which is insanely powerful, a gravitational distortion field. Basically fires a projectile which, on contact, causes a miniature sphere of multiple gravity wells around whatever it contacts (imagine being ripped apart by 8 tiny black holes around you, and you have this weapon.) Pretty much a high tech high power way of Drawing and Quartering someone. Instantly.

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 06:09:47 am »

So warp weaponry to? SIGN ME UP!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 06:13:24 am »

Incursion sounds interesting. I say 5 years after contact. Why? Well, This is why. Why did I pick Halo for the year? Because I'm as sleepy as hell and why not?

Anyhow, 5 years should be long enough for serious shit to go down anyway.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 06:15:39 am »

Funny thing is, you probably won't ever touch one. Atleast, one that could possibly ever work or give up it's secrets. A Gray with one of those rifles is like a boss encounter. But yeah, I was actually leaning SLIGHTLY towards Zaphain myself, to begin with, but awesome ideas have been flooding my head for Incursion (Been watching too many sci fi shows recently. Seriously, I watched Stargate SG-1, Sliders and Star Trek Next Gen yesterday, when normally I'd be browsing the interwebs.) it isn't funny. As I said, suggestions are welcome. (No, seriously, suggest stuff. I need more views to develop my ideas more)

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 06:17:32 am »

First one sounds great. Hell, if you don't have time for it I could start something similar anyhow. I just love shadowy organizations that keep the supernatural hidden from the public.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 06:21:21 am »

Yeah, both are awesome, and I would gladly join both.
Ideas for both.
Incursion:Ability to attempt to deconstruct then reconstruct alien tech for human use on our own, though at high difficulty and perhaps takeing multible turns. Nothing else immediately comes to mind.
Zaphain:Perhaps more types of people in units? Different mythilogical creatures that can pretend to be humans for example? Or humans improved via tech(cyborgs and/or super soldiers to be precise).
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 06:24:56 am »

So do I, and it was actually somewhat inspired by a character I thought up while I was being bored waiting for my last exam to end. (I had to wait an hour because I finished it in 1/3rd of the time I should've...) So I was drawing, and I ended up making a character I was proud of, thought of a cool name, and some other cool stuff about him, and then the idea of Zaphol Cifain (Named after him, of course) came about. Also somewhat influenced by a manga I finished reading recently. But it doesn't seem to be as popular as Incursion, And I would run both at a time... if I could honestly say that I wouldn't ditch SoX. I have a tendency to be lazy in updating, and updating three RTDs would be... horrendous for me. And everyone would hate me because of how long I take to update.

As for the ideas, yeah with a certain perk/trait or training that would be possible (Incursion) and as for Zaphain? The different Mythological creatures do exist, they just don't appear much. (Most appear as 'Demi' gods, powerful creatures that rule over pocket dimensions that are considered gods, but not 'True' gods, only such in their Domain Dimension. And Humans improved via tech, I played with it, but then I thought that would be getting too near-future tech, it's meant to be here and now. The amount of improvement needed to be provided by machines is unreachable with our current tech.

What more do you need?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 06:28:29 am »

Ah, by 'mythological creatures' it was really a catch all term for supernatural. Things like werewolves or vamps, changelings, Poltergiests(possessed forms or ones that appear physical but aren't), etc.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 06:29:31 am »

Mind you, you could just post a warning that the updates may not be coming consistantly, and then just update whichever one seems the most interesting at the time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6