Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SUBORDINATE_TO_TISSUE... anyone know what this does?  (Read 502 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
SUBORDINATE_TO_TISSUE... anyone know what this does?
« on: June 09, 2011, 04:22:06 pm »

The title says it all, what does this do? Some quick tested displayed no difference between when I do and dont use it.

The wiki states 'Tissue is implicitly attached to another tissue. Used for hair and feathers. ' which doesnt tell me much at all about its ingame behaviour.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: SUBORDINATE_TO_TISSUE... anyone know what this does?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 04:40:59 pm »

If I had to guess, I would assume it means that if a tissue is destroyed, its subordinate tissue is also destroyed.  Sometimes wounds affect a tissue without affecting tissue layers above them (i.e. tearing the muscle with no damage to skin).  I'm guessing that this token prevents that from happening by "linking" the subordinate tissue to another tissue layer.  Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to really test it.

A lot of these tokens have not been well researched.  I wish I could be more helpful than speculation, but that's all I've really got to go on.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:43:57 pm by narhiril »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: SUBORDINATE_TO_TISSUE... anyone know what this does?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 06:00:08 pm »

Seems worth testing, and so I did. Or tried anyway.

I made a creature with a non-connective metal tissue, and an unhittable connective leather tissue. The idea was to see if the leather tissue could be damaged through hitting the metal tissue, with and without the subordinate tissue tag. If the creature got dismembered, that should mean the leather tissue got damaged.

Elephants proved capable enough of the dismembering part before so I used those.

Turns out that in the case the leather tissue is below the metal one, the creature allways gets gibbed, subordinate tag or not. In the case where the leather tissue is above the metal tissue the creature never gets gibbed.

During combat no messages of the leather showed up, and the creature description didnt mention it either.

So yeah that wasnt very informing at all. If anyone has a better method, do let us know!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!