Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Closed]  (Read 1975 times)

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Closed]
« on: June 09, 2011, 02:40:43 pm »

Blaaaaargh.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:27:26 pm by Jacos »
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Mafia [Not Yet Started]
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 02:53:47 pm »

: \
Well first off, many people here don't like having mods that we've never seen play in a game before.

Second, asking to mod before you've even played with a game with any of us is IMO a bit of a faux pas.

Third, normally people use this thread on our subforum to run their game by first to check the game for any flaws.

Fourth, and this is because just like you I'd really like to have my game played sometime, I released a signup sheet for a game that needs a whopping 18 players just yesterday. Another large game may not be able to be supported by the forum. Hell, I don't even know if my own game can be supported by this forum!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:05:05 pm by Heliman »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 03:21:59 pm »

As I was told a while ago: "You won't get 15 players"

You want 16.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 04:06:51 pm »

4) You can tell me if you want to be possibly chosen to be mafia or not.

I want Webadict not to be scum.  Can you do that for me, so that we'll be on the same team :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 04:10:47 pm »

I'd prefer if you PMd me about that.

If you really are concerned about me being any good at this, I have observed some Mafia threads for some time, don't worry about it.

And, I'm willing to tone it down to 14, if I don't get 16.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 04:13:38 pm »

I'd prefer if you PMd me about that.

I don't like PMS =/

Bro, you need to join a game before you get to run a game.  You might be the world's best mod, but we've sat through so many godawful ones that we'd really rather see you play first, or at least run one of the Beginner's games with a comod if you're absolutely adamant against playing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 04:18:26 pm »

I'm not going to join because I'd get quicklynched anyway because everybody knows I'd pick sk.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 04:26:53 pm »

Well, it's obvious that nobody wants to play if they haven't seen me actually play. I guess I'll lock this thread, play a game or two and show everybody how LEGITIMATE I am and crap and then try and host one.

Well, tomorrow.

I'm bloody tired.