Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobolds dying out in world gen  (Read 1140 times)

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kobolds dying out in world gen
« on: June 09, 2011, 02:09:49 pm »

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is a bug or if i'm just unlucky my last proper world I played I was poking around the Legends screen after noticed I'm not getting any Kobolds attacks/thieves and noticed that every single Kobold Cave's entire population starves to death in the year 4... I'm playing vanilla and newest version, is anyone else having this issue? I generated a new game and again all 9 of my cave inhabited by Kobolds again died out in the year 4....weird :-/
- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Kobolds dying out in world gen
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 02:17:38 pm »

Check the forums before posting these.  Normally I'd be like "yeah, it happens" but there's like 2-3 threads on the front page right now about kobolds.  Particularly "Kobolds in .25" and "Kobold Appreciation Conference" went into some detail about how to sustain the little guys.  One of these is on the first page, the other should be very close by.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 02:20:10 pm »

Kobolds starve by year 4. Aside from modding, they're gone in every world that goes past that year.

And check recent topics, by title at least, first. "Kobolds v31.25" should be a pretty big tip for this subject.

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 03:32:58 pm »

Crap sorry guys I did a "search" about it but couldn't find any thing that jumped up in the bug forum, diddn't actual go through topic titles beyond that, my bad :-(
- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:57:24 pm »

I have a fortress generated in 31.25 where I embarked in year 50 and have living kobold civilizations.  It's possible for them to survive past year 4, just very rare.  I suspect they need enough sites nearby to steal enough food from to survive.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.