Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: RTD - Exorcists![turn 6] I SHALL SMITE THEE!  (Read 8099 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Exorcists! [Turn 3] Let's raise hell or calm the Heavens!
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2011, 12:27:42 pm »

ooohh i like that thought or RP.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2011, 08:20:35 pm »

Bumping this for lols

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2011, 09:46:33 am »

yeah il be working on this right now! But i didn't forget this i was just quite busy the last few days.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Exorcists! [Turn 4] BOOM! Headshot!
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2011, 11:01:14 am »

BOOM! Headshot.

The third week! Things are happening fast now and it seems like the days are flying by now, the people in Cathedral already know most of the layout of the building but for some it still amazes them how big it is. Everyone somehow received news about the Northern Demon Wars, from reports it is known that at the moment the demon attacks are getting bigger and more violent there. Because of that Cathedral dispatched the 3rd Ground Regiment to fight them off for the time being, however no further information was released after that. But this week all of you learned about the dragoon from Yi Kao lang which is a funny chinese man, apart from that he is the 3rd best dragoon in the Empire.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dragoon
The Dragoon is a normal human that fights from the distance, in his selection he has an entire arsenal of guns but also bows and crossbows. He uses his holy powers to augment his agility or his projectiles which he fires at the Demons.

AS you have learned in the first paragraph Dragoons use ranged weapons mostly but when the need arises or if they prefer they are trained in daggers aswell.
Crossbows: They deal piercing damage, their damage ratio is higher than the Bow and guns but the reload speed is definitely slower. Ammo can also be re-obtained from dead corpses or living ones as well :P.
Bows: They deal also piercing damage , their damage ratio is balanced from the 3 and so is the reload speed. Ammo can also be re-obtained.
Guns:They deal pierce and blunt damage , their damage ratio is the lowest of all 3 but the reload speed is very fast. However the ammo cannot be re-obtained from bodies.
Daggers: They deal slashing damage , their damage ratio is low but they aren't heavy and can slash quickly.

Dragoons have also armor, but they wear only Light armor which can be upgraded with extra pockets for ammo. The armors are exclusively made to give the user a good agility and speed without lumbering them down.

There are many variances of the Ammo which the Dragoon can use but it can be broken down to these types.
Material Ammo: This ammo is made from materials which can harm a group of demons more than other, an example is silver bullets for werewolves.
Imbued Ammo: This Ammo is imbued with holy water or holy power , this is the standard type of ammo for all weapons but there are stronger variances of the ammo available.
Spirit Ammo: This ammo is made with the holy powers of the user, the user creates ammo that look like small light rays. This ammo is intended to rip away the souls of the Demons and turn them into lifeless bodies.

There are no expections but it is preffered that light or agile people choose this class

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
 Player Turns

Train with Blades with fellow students
(Riccto)[1]
You want to train with swords but also you want to do it with other students, so you head to the gyms and find the sword trainer and ask him if you can join him. He agrees and let's you train with other people, unfortunately during the training your partner got too aggressive and hit you really hard with the wooden side of his blade. He accidently broke your leg and bruised your arm quite hard, he got punished for that severly but you won't be able to go out of the infirmary for about 10. ( No injuries recieved because player is in Freeze and this is just fluff)

Study up on the different types of angels and demons, their strengths, weaknesses and temperments.
(Dwarmin) [4]
After that Warden introduction you got interested in different types of angels and demons and their characteristics. There are countless of Demons and angels but from books you learned about
Scourges: These are flying demons, they are skinny and don't have much muscles but they make it up for their great speed and claws. They got a easy to control temper as they absolutely love dog meat, so when you lose control and you have some of that meat you can regain control without lifting a finger. They are however weak and any injuries are almost fatal to them because of their small bodies.
Hellhounds: These are normal demons that look like dogs, they are bigger, have pitchblack fur, Blood-red eyes and tiny spines on their backs.They got a easy to control temper. They are strong,agile and quite smart, but they have retained a bad habit of their previous doggy life that they like to chase cats or anything that looks like a cat. So for a distraction having a cat toy or a cat is a big life saver. The drawback is that they can switch the control of their masters in seconds as they actively seek for stronger minds that are able to control them.
Pidgeons: yes, pigeons are holy creatures and they look like ordinary pigeons expect when you summon them that they are always pure white and have blue eyes. The strength of the pigeon is that you can summon  groups of them to overwhelm your enemy, they are always willing to sacrifice their lives to protect their master and don't have much to fight with expect their tiny beaks and claws. They got a extremly easy to control temper but that is also a big downside as a evil presence too big simply breaks their minds, they are distraced by bread or seeds also. You gained KNOWLEDGE!

Find a computer and practice coding, as well as reading up on cyber-security protocols.
(Frelock)[6]
Looking at your arm you figure out that physical exercises will be hard and often discouraged by the trainers, so you want to do something with computers. After reading a few quick guides and seeing a few vids you started on your very first program and you called it "Reminder.exe", it's a very simple program where you can type in small but important notes and it will pop up occasionally to remind you of them! Satisfied you started reading about security protocols and it was really hard for you to understand but you understood small bits of it and you got a small piece of computer storage in the library which is password protected and encrypted. You gained 0/4 Novice Computer Programmer and personal computer storage (8G)

I ask the shooting range attendant if i can get a crossbow to my room, if i can, i will try to examinate its mechanisms so i know how it works by dismantling it and reassembling it. If i cannot do it, then i go to potions and poisons (alchemy?) classes.
(NightS)[3]
You wen't to the shooting range and asked the instructor if he could supply you with a crossbow, he said yes but he mentioned also to not try to dissemble them as they are really hard to put together and require proffesional experience. But a few minutes later he returned from his magazine and gave you a small Hand-Crossbow and some bolts with a foam tip. You gained Hand-Crossbow and 5 Foam bolts

gather Up the friends I've made from the knuckles training, and get them to come with me to a training course, and make a competition of who can complete the fitness, combat, and agility type training courses the fastest.  Do my best, but be a good sport, attempt to become better friends with them and get to know them while we are competing.
(Kilakan)[5]
After the Knuckle sessions you made a lot of friends and asked them if they are interested in a competition for fun but also to get to know eachother. With the help of a few instructors you finished the competitions, the results are
Fitness ; Kilakan
Combat ; Claus
Agility ; Yrion
Running ; Kilakan

After the competitions you all wen't to get a good drink and to rest, also you learned about Yrion,Claus, Mikey, Horo , Ryan and Julian.
You gained 1/2 Dabbling Runner. (note if you want to know details about 1 of your friends mention it in your post and i will write it, because i would have to write it now it would be quite a lot of text)

Players

Khan Rahl (Kilakan)
Spoiler:  Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Injuries (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Effects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Bio (click to show/hide)

Cecil Hollands (NightS)

Oswald Greenmoore (Dwarmin)

Frederick TeVoert (Frelock)

Gaius O'Hara (Riccto)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:13:13 pm by Jetsquirrel »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2011, 11:03:37 am »

Because of lazyness and not wanting to edit my post , Next time you want to learn about demons you maybe could supply me with some preferred tags like Flying demons/Ancient/Princes etc.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD - Exorcists! [Turn 4]BOOM! Headshot.
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2011, 11:41:50 am »

More study is needed...

Research Aquatic Demon/Angels
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2011, 01:48:10 pm »

(I wanna be dragoon, do i have to do something?)
I try shooting to some smaller targets with the crossbow with the NERF darts in my room  so i can improve my aim. If my room isn't big enough, go to an empty hallway (dead end if possible) and practice there
You prefer precise orders like with the demons or vage orders to keep this more fun?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2011, 02:14:57 pm »

thats an good order but when you say study X i need to know what you want to study about that. Otherwise i will have to guess!

EDIT: No you don't have to do anything specific to be a dragoon, at week 8 or something you will get a so called exam which you won't have to make at all. But you will choose your class then and i will add some fluff around it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:23:09 pm by Jetsquirrel »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2011, 02:35:07 pm »

Learn what my friends plan on becoming, and while I talk to them, spend each and every day, all the free time I have, running in the mournings, and practicing knuckle fighting with  Claus when he's available.  Try and tag along with any of my friends if they are going to practice or study, try to improve both of us and our friendship by helping them with their work, give knuckle fighting and running precedence though.
The Wars are getting worse, and soon allies, friends, and physical fitness will be one of the only things that can save a mans life.  Knowledge is good, but being able to live long enough to use it is more important.  I hate trying to get friends at this university with the fore-thought of needing them to save my life later on, but frankly companionship will give me something to fight for, and besides, training always goes faster when you are training with someone you like.
oh and could I get a quick description of the various attitudes of my friends, like which ones I think I could trust to actually help in a fight and not just run away screaming?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:37:17 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2011, 03:53:54 pm »

I think you forgot to put the crossbow in my inventory, but it is not important so better if you put it in the next turn :) (just in case)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2011, 04:15:30 pm »

ah yes my bad.
Now for the friends.
Yrion=Male , average at int/str and agi ,listener , doesn't talk much, likes to eat
Claus=Male, Very smart, strong, not agile, arrogant, egoistic, strifes towards succes
Mikey=Male , Dumb, open-minded, strong, Funny
Horo=Female, bit shy, caring, passionate, likes wolves very much
Ryan=Male, brave,Heroic, average intelligent , Doesn't often listen to advice
Julian=Male, Coward, opportunist, very agile, Keeps promises
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 04:17:03 pm by Jetsquirrel »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2011, 04:29:51 pm »

thats an good order but when you say study X i need to know what you want to study about that. Otherwise i will have to guess!

EDIT: No you don't have to do anything specific to be a dragoon, at week 8 or something you will get a so called exam which you won't have to make at all. But you will choose your class then and i will add some fluff around it.

Different species

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2011, 04:53:41 pm »

Your action is fine dwarmin i was just answering NightS question.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2011, 10:22:52 pm »

Setup a reminder for me to get my cast off, and to do whatever necessary to heal my arm.  Then begin researching how, if at all, demons have interacted with computers.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2011, 09:52:09 pm »

Keep working with the blade. He will have to learn how to do it eventually
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6