Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: buildings to cause happy thoughts  (Read 620 times)

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
buildings to cause happy thoughts
« on: June 09, 2011, 03:28:11 am »

I was curious if there was any means to adjust whether or not a building gives dwarves happy thoughts. The idea I am tossing about is a pavilion of some sort that requires architecture, hoping that being "well designed" can give happy thoughts. Is there any means to further adjust that or is that about the only way one can make a happy thought building, other than allowing it to use really expensive well made items?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: buildings to cause happy thoughts
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 11:20:38 am »

no giving dwarfs happy thoughts is hardcoded so n but a statue or zoo do give happy thoughts so add a couple of those
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 11:25:01 am »

That, or build an artifical waterfall. Unless you're talking about buildings as in workshops, statues, etc. Though working does give a happy thought, for, well, working..
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 04:43:58 pm »

Thank you for the replies :). My goal was a custom building using the architecture skill to give passerbyes happy thoughts, make it feel slightly more useful once you have most of your shops and bridges built. With it hardcoded, I just hope my idea pans out heh.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 08:10:11 pm »

i think well made builds due give good thoughts but im not sure so we need !science! to find out
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 08:24:18 pm »

Now, there is one kind of custom building, there's a mod for it somewhere on the forums, that can improve room value based on what's used--I tried a quick search but can't remember the thread title, the Display Case mod.  I do not know if it gives dwarves happy thoughts, but I believe it does improve room values...
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 08:27:23 pm »

Ahh yes, I know the mod you are talking about. I don't know where the thread for it individually is, but it is included in Narhiril's legends of the forlorn realms mod, and I haven't looked to see much about happy thoughts but it most assuredly does raise room value. Excellent for putting those Artifacts somewhere.