Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Raider lifestyle  (Read 3276 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Raider lifestyle
« on: June 08, 2011, 05:09:38 am »

Hi, I was just wondering, has anyone done this?  By raider lifestyle, I mean going to a town, killing their people, getting the loot and escaping?  I actually had an axedwarf chop through mobs of villagers because of a high shield skill.  I quit though cause I knew that once night fell, I'd have no way to escape or hide from the bogeymen.  Has anyone gotten around this problem?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Raider lifestyle
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 05:18:48 am »

The bogeymen aren't that tough. If you can fight off entire towns on your own that you should be able to kill those monsters as well. And once you offed one complete group, they will leave you alone for quiet some time. Just remember to sleep at day so you're not drowsy  when fighting them and always separate them and fight them one on one so it's even.

Alternatively you could just get companions from a different civilization then the one you are raiding.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:40:40 am »

Thanks for the advice, but you have no idea how difficult it is ( for me ) to kill even a single bogeyman.  I can't hit even one of them most of the time and every time they touch me, my muscles, fat and skin are flayed, my bones chipped broken, eventually they just gang up on me.  It's endless and very painful. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 05:45:25 am »

High agility is the thing! Then you can backpedal away from them, and just strike when you have an easy shot.
It's surprisingly easy to chop 'em in half, so aim for the lower body! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:58:34 am »

Thanks, Yoink.  I'll try it out  :)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 07:02:36 am »

yes there hard to fight at first but get easyer with time.

you can train by staying the night out of doors, with your back to a safe room.
you can just turn them off.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:05:00 am »

Turn them off?  How?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 07:11:32 am »

by genning a world. there is "number of nightcreatures", or something, set that to 0. too bad that also removes those nice little nightcreatures that are hiding in their lairs, waiting for adventurer to come and kill them.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 08:25:45 am »

Of course, you'd have to gen a new world for that, so say goodbye to your axeman, and all those night creatures who would help him get back up to being so skilled.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 09:10:03 am »

by genning a world. there is "number of nightcreatures", or something, set that to 0. too bad that also removes those nice little nightcreatures that are hiding in their lairs, waiting for adventurer to come and kill them.

Didn't work.  I set it to "none" but night creatures still wound up attacking me.  Do I have to change any other settings in world gen?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 10:21:27 am »

Didn't work.  I set it to "none" but night creatures still wound up attacking me.  Do I have to change any other settings in world gen?
Why would you want to set it to "none" when it's a numerical parameter which will most probably misinterpret a string value?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 10:30:04 am »

In advanced parameters, when i set the night creature type as low as it go, it reaches "none".  Not zero, "none".  I did not type it either.  I just used my directional keys to make the variation number go lower. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 10:44:30 am »

Did you save that world gen setting?
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

mars7a

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 04:02:49 pm »

If you're far from civilization, no bogeymen will attack you, so after a hard days pillage, just retreat to the wilderness.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 04:31:09 pm »

If you're far from civilization, no bogeymen will attack you, so after a hard days pillage, just retreat to the wilderness.
Really?  never noticed that... can anyone confirm?
Pages: [1] 2