Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Halo 4, Halo 1 remake, both announced  (Read 10490 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Halo 4, Halo 1 remake, both announced
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:24:25 am »

Are you at all surprised at this outcome?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:38:35 am »

Hell no, Halo aint finished yet. I for one am looking forward to both, though i hope they least add some non-gamechanging tweaks to the Halo 1 remake (update the AI, keep in Assassinations since they don't unbalance anything, that sorta thing).
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 01:49:35 am »

No Bungie. :I
Not looking forward to this.
Not.
At.
All. :I

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 01:51:53 am »

I kinda miss some of the artistic style of Halo1 though. Like the energy swords. They were large glowing plasma planks that looked kickass. The Halo2 and on swords looked like elegant holograms of art exhibits, not contained envelopes of highly dangerous plasma that would cut you clear in half. Halo1 also had a lot of particles that made the plasma look very fiery and flying all over the place. Now it looks more contained and smokey, flashing away in a fraction of a second.

Sure the first game had a lot of set pieces repeated, they were very pretty set pieces not utilized very well. Large open rooms with no real clear way of advancing and no real point. They should stay loyal to the original set pieces, but changing the levels so they fit together better and replacing some connecting repeated pieces like the Library with new pieces to break up the tedium would be fine. Change the entrances and exits for some rooms that were pointless, set different enemy spawn points and entrances, fix their AI to utilize things around them while keeping some of their behaviors that made them weak like climbing on top of crates for no real reason so you can shoot them, and their taunts where they don't shoot you on sight and stuff.

They gotta play the strengths and fix the weaknesses.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 01:58:52 am »

No Bungie. :I
Not looking forward to this.
Not.
At.
All. :I

343 was formed by Bungie, and is headed up by Frank O'Connor, who used to be a Bungie Employee (was the Content Manager, and he's the keeper of the Halo Bible which contains every bit of Halo lore.). http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/343_Industries
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:00:46 am by 612DwarfAvenue »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 02:06:12 am »

Huh.
I suppose it could be good then.
We shall see.
And then, of course, Bungie can go on to make new, non-Halo stuff or reboot some of their older stuff.
Yay.

Name is bothering me, though.
It'd be better if they came up with something creative, rather than 4.
The 4 breaks the trilogy/rule of three.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 04:49:58 am »

Apparently 5 and 6 are on their way as well; they're pulling a Star Wars, except not with prequels.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 05:04:46 am »

Imagine if they did, they put you in the shoes of the YOUNG Master Chief, when he was just the Boy put into the Spartan Military System, John-117.  Oh wait they kinda did already but its a book...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_The_Fall_of_Reach
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 05:45:23 am »

Noo, not again, why does this keep going? I don't understand, I don't understand at all.

Well, as far as first person shooters go, halo was pretty fun. You didn't feel as heavy as a tank like, unlike gears of war, and it had some single player game, unlike unreal tournament. It had a nice mix that wasn't yet directed at a generation of twelve year ADHD suger addicts, for the first game at least. The fact that this is the game that bought the world on-line teabagging is a side effect. Regardless, I look forward to the remake of Halo, assuming they do not fuck that shit up, but Halo 4? Nah, do not care.

Sorry, but master chief is one faceless guy in a suit that never found a way into my heart, unlike Samus or Dr. Freeman. Spartan-458, however, will always hold fond memoires! Oh Monty Oum...

jrmy

• Bay Watcher
  • on break
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 05:59:51 am »

I like how it was introduced as a brand new trilogy! that is much less a new trilogy and more expanding an already established trilogy into a sextilogy.

I was all excited for some new IP :T

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 06:22:46 am »

Noo, not again, why does this keep going? I don't understand, I don't understand at all.

Well, as far as first person shooters go, halo was pretty fun. You didn't feel as heavy as a tank like, unlike gears of war, and it had some single player game, unlike unreal tournament. It had a nice mix that wasn't yet directed at a generation of twelve year ADHD suger addicts, for the first game at least. The fact that this is the game that bought the world on-line teabagging is a side effect. Regardless, I look forward to the remake of Halo, assuming they do not fuck that shit up, but Halo 4? Nah, do not care.

Sorry, but master chief is one faceless guy in a suit that never found a way into my heart, unlike Samus or Dr. Freeman. Spartan-458, however, will always hold fond memoires! Oh Monty Oum...

I always cared more for Johnson than Chief.
The series ended when he died.
Gears is a lot of fun too, and shows that you can love the faceless guy.
Poor Carmine. ;_;
All of them.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 06:35:24 am »

Never had fun with gears. Not much appeals to me in feeling like your half rhino, and half magnetically attracted to walls. Sort of makes me feel sorry for those space marines, having to haul a car on their backs. Then again I was always an Eldar fan.

Sorry, getting off topic. Or are we? Cross over anybody? No, no that would be bad. Like putting Kratos in a fighting game.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 06:37:43 am »

Dead or Alive 4 has a Spartan II.

Eldar.
Pah.
I crush you with with chainswordnadeshotsmoogielauncher.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 06:40:05 am »

That would be Nicole. Always a fan of her, but for other reasons.

We move through the warp, as it moves through us...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4