Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 22: Mission Go!  (Read 19570 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 20: Derm The Canistered.
« Reply #390 on: June 15, 2011, 08:52:28 pm »

"A reasonable response from Shaper-trained, that. Yes, you may explore the library, but Derm needs no help; You control the power, or it controls you. This is the reason the Shapers stretch training out so long. Two in quick succession may have been a dangerous move, however. But it matters not to me, you are free to explore this hall except for the head shaper's chamber. It is locked for a reason." Rik then leaves again.

Derm stretches out his hand and vibrates, and then suddenly a drayk is coalesced into existance from the dust and essence inside a sudden burst of flame. It immediatly jumps for him, (6) but is slammed into the floor by a invisible force and submits instantly. The floor beneath it is now heavily splintered, formerly been wood planking. (88 Essence total) For all that was said about drayks, it seemed oddly easy to control...

Places:
Cafeteria, Kitchen, Aid Center, Main Chamber, Head Shaper's Chamber, Library.

The Library is very large. Which section would you like to see first?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:13:59 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 15, 2011, 09:08:00 pm »

Peruse anything the library has to offer on magic shaping.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 15, 2011, 09:08:36 pm »

"Do you see now? The ease of it. One of the outlawed creations, known for disobedience, subdued like such. I admire it's ferocity. It shall make a staunch ally."

I stand up.

"I have made my choice, and if you need me, I shall be in the spell section."
Walk toward the spell section. Read up on fireblasts and other spells.
EDIT: I still don't have my thorn baton.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:10:55 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 15, 2011, 09:11:14 pm »

Explore the Library, Attempt to find materials on spells
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:14:01 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 15, 2011, 09:13:14 pm »

Derm: added.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 15, 2011, 09:44:34 pm »

Neat. Derm, don't forget you owe me for the second canister.

>Look for books on the subject of Stealth, Mechanics, Leadership, and assassination.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 15, 2011, 11:08:15 pm »

To the library! Look for history books, maps, anything with information on this organization's past.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 16, 2011, 08:47:57 am »

Follow the others to the library. Look for information on what these canisters are, and what they may have done to Derm.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 21: The Library at Quan-Var
« Reply #398 on: June 16, 2011, 10:01:50 am »

Sorus
(3) Theres some books on it, and you learn somethings. Not anything very useful, though, its too fragmented.

Derm
(6) You find a book on Firebolt, and it explains it perfectly.
New Skill: Firebolt Alpha (5e)

Hiraluke
(2) Not much is in this section that could be useful.

Codex
(2+2, 2+1, 4, 2)
On Stealth and Leadership you learn much more, the rest not as much.
New Skill: Leadership III

Griffin
(1) Said books are too old to touch. Hopefully there are newer copies somewhere.

Dragnar
(6..) You find all of the information. A map marking how many shapers have died per island, which ones are most defensible, which ones can be abandoned if needed, an unmarked map labelled "Islands lost to the Shaper Council", a very thick book labeled "History of The Conflict" that has a different person writing it every 50 years or so, or after a blood-spattered page. There is also a heavily blood-soaked book marked 'Drayks' with a note of which Shaper High Councilman had it hidden in his inner robe pocket and which Elite Agent did the job, another one marked 'Experimental Vlish Biologies' that was, according to the attached note, possessed by an apprentice at the time of that theft/assassination, yet another marked 'Augmentation Canisters' with a note to find a way to shatter the lock on the cover in a way that will stop it regenerating back, and a huge broadsword marked 'From the late Guardian General Zian', with what seem to be ancient runes carved into it instead of imbued powers. Not even the drayk will come near it. You'd take more, but you can't lift more!

You all meet back in that one coucilman's room.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 16, 2011, 12:43:15 pm »

(6..) You find all of the information.
All of it.

"Well... as far as I can tell most of the more impressive knowledge these people have they simply stole from the shapers. Though... any of you know anything about this sword I found? Doesn't look like any magic I've seen before..."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 16, 2011, 02:00:25 pm »

This is the point in the story where I reach the 'what the hell am I supposed to do now?' Threshold.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 16, 2011, 02:10:33 pm »

This is the point in the story where I reach the 'what the hell am I supposed to do now?' Threshold.

This a little bit.

Find some spell casting books
Raggle Fraggle

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 16, 2011, 02:18:10 pm »

You guys can go somewhere else if you want, just ask him for a map.
Or practice on some of the rogues outside.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 16, 2011, 02:19:30 pm »

Thats a good question -

They say they want us to join them - but what does that mean? What would they actually want us to do?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 16, 2011, 02:19:55 pm »

Go outside and test my new creation against a rogue.

I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29