Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 22: Mission Go!  (Read 19574 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 08:35:18 pm »

Wait for meeeeee!

Name: Sorus
Shaper
How you were accepted into the Shapers: Possessing boundless ambition and a strong lust for knowledge, there was only one real place Sorus truly belonged.
You come into the same room as Derm and Hiraluke and are reprimanded immediately.
"Quiet! Work has priority over your arrival, late or not!"
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! - Pre-Turn 1: Welcome to Training.
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 08:43:35 pm »

"Quiet! Work has priority over your arrival, late or not!"
"My apologies, I became distracted."

Examine fyora and assignment, or listen to instructors.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 08:43:49 pm »

Examine floor for trapdoors, then examine ceiling for clues as to why I'm here. If I still have time, check if the way I came in is unusable as an escape route.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 08:54:07 pm »

Start getting to know everybody. After all, these are me new fellow companions, fellow students, and comrades at arms. We will rely on each other in battle, and that takes trust. And the first step on the road to trust is making some friends.

Also, find out when and where my own classes and training will be and then double down and get to work.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 08:58:37 pm »

(argh. everyone is ready but the guy who is offline...)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 08:59:15 pm »

Auto him for the good of the game. :3
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 09:07:36 pm »

Auto him for the good of the game. :3
This

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 09:10:14 pm »

(spoilers are broken when going through proxies? that sounds like a weird bug to have with the forum, but now I've learned something today, so huh.)

I use Host cloak proxy group, and I use the ones with the 4 letter url's and blue backround because they have access to youtube, and they dont take goddamn forever to scroll/dont lag the fuck out. They don't have script access, sadly.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:14:20 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! - Turn 1: Derm and Codex do well.
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 09:35:26 pm »

Griffin
(3) You make a couple friends. Not as many as you'd hoped. A large, heavily armored, sword-having man with a thick brownish beard approaches you and shakes you firmly by the hand.
"Right! New man! I am Commander Alzon, and unless you piss off one of the Shapers, you should be fine if you just keep to your own business when you're outside of this room. And since you're closest to the door, take this letter to the first-month Shaper proctor for me. Make sure you mention its from me and not just you, and please make sure you're polite, they're annoyed enough as it is having to always deal with the newbies."

Codex
(5) You ignore your first instinct and open the north window slats. A very slight shadow in the opposite corner points out her location, and you point it out. A slight lady with numerous daggers and wands hidden about her and an air of danger-imbued shadow steps out from behind the fake wall. "Very nice, very nice. Some of these so-called 'apprentices' never find me and starve to death from lack of room allotment. You're in the bottom room of the northwest corner tower of this building. And no, I'm not writing that down. A good Agent must have a great memory, and your training starts now. Read through this." She hands Codex a fairly-large stack of scroll-paper and crysheets. If you weren't so impressed that that was only the entrance test, it would be an intimidating amount of work. You leave the room and start trying to find your way to the bottom room of the north corner tower of this building.

Sorus, Derm, Hiraluke
(S 3,D 6,H 2)
The Shaper in the back finishes and turns to the three of you at last, after many many minutes of waiting.
"Damn it to hell, this is not working as intended. Can any of you three newbies explain what is wrong?" Derm hits it exactly, almost surprising him, while the other two are less successful. "Well...impressive. I do not give out compliments lightly but that sounds like it should work perfectly." He turns back to the fyora and alters it a bit, but is too successful and the fyora dies. it is reverted to essence as he turns back around.
"Too much, so I will only give you a fourth off your work for tonight instead of a third. He hands all three of you a very large, very heavy, leather-bound book, and a slip of paper explaining what should be done by tommorrow. Derm has, like he said, a fourth less. It is still an immense amount for a sngle day/night, however. He then gives you a crysheet with room numbers as a very muscular man nearly barges in, but stops himself. You walk out before you overhear it, better to be careful right now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:45:11 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 09:38:11 pm »

*Blink*

never seen this style, I think I'll like it.

---> Head straight to my room and work on the assignment. Peek ahead when able.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 09:40:25 pm »

I'm taking a bit from Glyph with the names, and writing it like I have for WIZARD during the more plot-like parts. That way the RTD looks like its part of the story somewhat instead of off to the side.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 09:44:25 pm »

Head to room, work on assignment.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 10:15:57 pm »

>Realize I already AM in the bottom NW corner room. Use magic to accelerate the reading.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 11:55:38 pm »

action- go to room and work on assignment particularly hard
Raggle Fraggle

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 06:18:54 am »

Take the letter to the requested location. If I have any difficulty finding it, ask for assistance, but I should be able to do it on my own. Find the Proctor's secretary (or the Proctor, if he doesn't have one), follow formalities, and make sure to mention the letter is from Commander Alzon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29