Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 22: Mission Go!  (Read 19582 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 22: Mission Go!
« on: June 07, 2011, 07:06:58 pm »

Shaper as in Geneforge. This will likely end up not very accurate to the lengths of apprenticeships and so on, but it'll be a good idea nonetheless, I hope.

Three choices of class, even though to outsiders you will all be called 'Shaper':
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet:

Shaping Guide:

Story:
The Shapers are the most powerful of the magical sects. Shapers have the ability to create and alter life, to create beasts to do various tasks such as domestic work, labor, and combat. Using Essence, shapers can mold their creations into being. This process can be simple and quick, or long and exhausting for more complex creations. They guard their secrets extremely closely, and to learn their techniques without permission is akin to asking for a quick and assured death, whether by Guardian blade or Agent spell.
The Shapers also govern the lands under their control. Their territory is headed by the Shaper Council, a group of nine elite Shapers, who meet to discuss issues to keep peace and prosperity.
It has been a very long journey, but you are finally an apprentice Shaper, with only the difficulty of learning (and surviving) the training to come. Some will succeed greatly. Others will die horribly. The chances are not in your favor for the former option, but it is not impossible. Go forth and succeed or die trying, because you aren't going to get much (if any) help from your proctors and fellow apprentices anyway.

Side-Note: the linked wiki is quite incomplete.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:48:25 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 07:10:06 pm »

Name: Derm Hell-binder
Shaper
How you were accepted into the Shapers: Picked from a lineup in a faraway village, due to an abnormally high magical potential. Almost... mutant.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:52:38 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:22:09 pm »

Name: Hiraluke
Shaper
How you were accepted into the Shapers: A young man with a curious knack for shaping and attaching bladed limbs to creatures. Especially where they dont belong.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:33:01 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 07:41:18 pm »

Name: Griffin
Guardian
Showing impressive combat potential at a young age, his spark of magical talent and obvious dedication to daily training eventually led him to be chosen as an apprentice

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 07:50:35 pm »

Name: Codex
Agent
He was accepted into the order for training when he was caught leaving a Shaper meeting hall with a selection of useful recipes, due  to the fact he was able to get in in the first place, through cunning and lies.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 07:52:36 pm »

Should we wait for more, or start from here? Probaly going to limit it at 6.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 07:57:36 pm »

Well, I'm interested in what your RTD style is like, (EX: You put all the actions in spoilers so I can't access them when I'm sometimes forced to use a proxy, having to use the quote feature and dig through layers of HTML to find the good stuff. Possibly accidentally repost the turn when I misclick Preview) So I'd say start it now.

Besides, I want to start making Horrific atrocities!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 07:59:19 pm »

4 people is enough. It means we get more turns faster.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 08:15:57 pm »

Remember what they taught you in shaping school "The more claws and writhing blades, the better"
Raggle Fraggle

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 08:19:08 pm »

Actually, I always learned that a single loyal companion and the strength of your own arm is, with the power shaping, far better able to achieve a decisive victory than a horde of poorly organized and less capable creatures would be.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 08:21:36 pm »

Screw that I'm making a goddamn swarm of lethally poisonous wasps.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! - Pre-Turn 1: Welcome to Training.
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 08:28:15 pm »

(spoilers are broken when going through proxies? that sounds like a weird bug to have with the forum, but now I've learned something today, so huh.)

Derm Hell-binder & Hiraluke are introduced to the first-month shaping instructors. An arrow is seen pointing at the chalkboard as they walk in, which has a generic greeting, a list of things not to touch until you've made it to the actual first year proctors (covering 2/3rds of the board and in varied states of importance formatting mainly based on cryptic symbols), a key to the importance marks, and a message to not ask questions until they have finished their current task, which is seen in the back to be yet another attempt at a fyora modification that is actually helpful.

Codex is shown into what seems to be an empty room. There is nothing abnormal about the room at a glance by shaper standards, but you know there must a reason it seems off.

Griffin is brought into a large barracks-like area, though obviously changed to fit the shapers ways. A wall of sound (mostly greetings) greets him, but besides the different construction and exponentially better quality of most everything, its fundamentally the same as your old militia buddies hut.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 08:33:03 pm »

--> Attempt to learn whether we are supposed to wait for a teacher to explain how to actually shape or teach, or just go right to the fyora modification.

--> If 1 = True, Take a seat and listen.

--> If 2 = True, Examine Fyora closely.

--> If 1&2 = False, Examine Fyora from afar.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 08:33:38 pm »

Wait for meeeeee!

Name: Sorus
Shaper
How you were accepted into the Shapers: Possessing boundless ambition and a strong lust for knowledge, there was only one real place Sorus truly belonged.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 08:34:24 pm »

Hmm, I hope the other one who can join is a meatshield!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29