Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 22: Mission Go!  (Read 19593 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 6: Non-fail
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2011, 01:27:05 am »

(Jav, Sword, and Shield are just the first three things I could think of, the armory is obviously a lot bigger than just those ;D )
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2011, 01:32:28 am »

Head to the library and look for anything that might help decode the note. Either a book on encryption, or a more magical method of solving it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2011, 06:33:36 am »

Move healing goop inside robe so I don't appear TOO out of place. Tighten hood and try to find something that will help me.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2011, 06:50:15 am »

Check if the instructor is ready, If not head to a Fyora pen for observation
Raggle Fraggle

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 7: Dragnar is a rogue magnet.
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2011, 12:14:51 pm »

Hiraluke
The instructor apparently is still busy, so you go observe the fyoras. (1) You get a fireball in the chest for your trouble.

Derm
(3+ 1 for Well Hidden) You aren't truely noticed as you reverse your robe. (4) You find a book on transformations. Its for creating Thahd Shades out of normal thadhs, though, not chaging you back. You read it anyway, and (5) surprisingly, its understandable even with your lack of knowledge. Skill Get!
Skills: Shaper Knowledge: Transform thahd to thadh shade
Other: Inverted Undead, Shaper Wrath Elicitor, Powered by Healing, Buffed by Healing
Inventory: Shadifying of Thadhs

Dragnar
(1) You are attacked by another rogue on your way. This one is a thadh, and punches you into the wall. (2) You are barely conscious and in major pain. Aid Center is nearby, or at least some kind of red and white sign, its really hard to focus.

Griffin
"Well, ok then, get to work with this shield, then" Com. Alzon says, and runs off to talk to someone else. (5) You haven't forgotten about this, either. awesome. (6-1) If you aren't tired yet, why stop? *THOONK*
Skills: Guardian: Swordsman I, Shields I
Inventory: Training Sword & Shield

Sorus
(1) You don't find anything useful about the sleeve essence.

Codex
(6) You find a Wand of Firebolt on your way up! You find the Agent instructor, as expected, and produce everything listed. "Well, it looks like we actually have a possible Agent here. You are now worth a small fragment of my time, so I will teach you something to day, and something tomorrow. After that, you will have to prove yourself again, or learn on your own. So, which first: Stealth, Wand Use, Mechanics, or Daggers?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2011, 12:18:05 pm »

Attempt to try to make a plausible human reverse-equivalent of the spell in an out of the way location.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:20:41 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2011, 12:19:43 pm »

That is going to be seriously hard without knowledge of how to actually Shape.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2011, 12:20:35 pm »

Scratch that: Find a book on 'spellcasting/shaping for beginner through intermediates'

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2011, 12:27:27 pm »

I am the luckiest bastard alive. I have stolen all of Dragnar's luck. All of it.

>Choose mechanics.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2011, 12:32:36 pm »

Ask Thunkor whats up with the skirmish system. That shouldn't take too long, so after that get some R+R by spending some time in the commons rooms, and try to befriend Shapers and Agents if at all possible, so I have potential allies in all three of the main schools.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2011, 12:40:54 pm »

Too Scary! Back to the library! Scour for more interesting books
Raggle Fraggle

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2011, 01:41:06 pm »

Flee for the red and white thing! If the rogue catches up with me: GO FOR THE EYES.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 8: Several more injuries.
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2011, 03:46:03 pm »

Dragnar
(4) You reach the red and white thing, and hear someone saying something like "you blook nike...a bwal beye a thab" You give a thumbs up to thats and are lifted into something bed-like. Much pain follows, but it seems helpful.

Hiraluke
(1) The fyora hits you thrice more, leaving a scorchmark scar in the middle of your back and leaves the bottom half of your robe hanging by a few threads. You aren't too hurt yet though, so you eventually make it to the library and (1) accidentally knock a fourth of the shelf on your right foot, crushing it. You painfully hobble over to the Aid Center, seeing a very wrecked Agent apprentice in the back as you get your foot casted and then told to go find a healing pool to dip it in.
Inventory addition: Cast on right foot.

Griffin
"The Skirmish thing? Eh, its just live practice. Like using a bandit invasion as a live-fire exercise for your towns trainee archers. Not that hard."
(3) You make a friend in each other third of the school.

Codex
You learn mechanics (4) Decently well for a first try. What will be the second subject?
Skills: Agent: Mechanics I
Inventory: 5 Living tolls, 1 wand of firebolt (12/12), 1 dagger.

Derm
(2) You do not find the book.
Later...
(2-1) You forgot what section it should be in.
Later still...
(3-2) Ack!

Sorus
You walk around a bit and (6) Find a Wand of Firebolt +1!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2011, 03:48:18 pm »

--> Search around for anything at all that could be useful to help my predicament.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2011, 04:04:34 pm »

> Choose Stealth. If I can get where I need to be, and not be seen, I won't need to worry about combat.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29