Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 22: Mission Go!  (Read 19586 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 5: In which the fail is ridiculous.
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2011, 09:37:16 pm »

Try again: y
Same name to prevent confusion, and agent again.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2011, 09:40:33 pm »

You know, its probably easier to figure out what there is to do if you know what places there are right now, right?

Known Places:
Kitchen/Cafeteria (Large)
Library (Shapers Only)
Library (General)
Library (Non-Shaper knowledge)
Barracks area (Quite Large, includes sleeping quarters)
Roof
Basement B1
Many Hallways
Dragnar's Corpse
The Four Corner Towers
Shaper Rooms
The Shaping Halls (Strictly Off-Limits atm.)
Detention/Interrogation/Rogue Containment & Extermination Chambers (rumored to be there, anyway)
Extra Healing & Essence Pools
Water Reservoir
Outside
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:44:05 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2011, 10:06:01 pm »

Work off my depression the way I always do - drown myself in the training until I can't think or feel anymore through the aching muscles.

Drill Sword forms until I have them perfected.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 6: Non-fail.
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2011, 12:18:44 am »

Griffin
(5) HYAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!
"Well, thats good, you worked yourself out of it. i was about to suggest you go to the Aid Center." Thunkor says after you finish.
After awhile, Com. Alzon comes over. "Well then. You seem to have swords down fairly well. Time to add you to the Skirmish Roster I'd say, unless you'd prefer to Sword & Board it instead of just pure Sword. First year Skirmishers are only up against thahds, not any of the other students. Kill it before you get punched into the wall, basically."
Skill Boost!
Skills: Guardian: Swordsman I
Inventory: Training Sword

Dragnar returns (or at least an identical sibling of him), and picks up the note. the dried blood did not help decode it any better, in fact, its slightly worse for wear.

Codex
(5) Sure, you might as well be armed here. The assistant then hands you a dagger and sheath, and leaves. One less thing to go.

Sorus
(2) While examining an Essence pool, you almost fall in, but catch yourself at the last part. Your sleeves are covered in it now, though, which could be something interesting to study.

Hiraluke
(5) You find The Fyora Guide, a well-informed book. Studying it (5) is very simple and quick. you decide to borrow it as well.
Skill Gain!
Skills: Shaper Knowledge: Essence
Shaper Knowledge: Fyora biology (is not for shaping without the Shaping: Fyora skill, just that you know very much about them.)
Inventory: Essence of the Beginner (borrowed), The Fyora Guide (borrowed)

Divine Undead Derm
(3) You sneak into the library, but it is too crowded to try anything, so you hide in one of the many nooks (5) very well indeed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2011, 12:26:03 am »

>Investigate routes to the roof, making sure to find phat 1007 along the way.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2011, 12:31:32 am »

Indeed, examine sleeves to learn about Essence.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2011, 12:32:03 am »

Also, question:

Why are your guardians and agents so different from the guardians and agents in the game?

the normal balance is

Shaper = Shaping > Spellcasting > Combat (they are the worst fighters), usually have a horde of powerful creatures
Agent = Spellcasting > Combat > Shaping (they are the worst shapers), usually operate alone without creatures
Guardians = Combat > Shaping > Spellcasting (They are the worst spellslingers), almost never seen without their loyal shaped companions, though they aren't plentiful or powerful

Instead, you seem to have
"Guardians worst at everything but combat"

It's strange, to say the least.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:35:45 am by GlyphGryph »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2011, 12:42:27 am »

Pretty much just going off experience playing the games. I've never had any good attempts with Guardians with creations, but if you have and its more like that, it works for me, probably more balancedly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2011, 12:50:23 am »

Basically, its skill costs.
Fire creations, for example, cost 4 points for a shaper. 5 for a guardian. And a whopping 7 points per level for an agent. Magic and battle are both 3-4-6, and healing is 2-3-5

To top it all off, creations are a permanent drain on your essence pool, giving you very little to work with spellwise, so Agents tend to avoid them like the plague (unless they want  a relatively weak "pet") since they need their essence for spellcasting.

Guardian's don't touch spells, and so have absolutely nothing better to do with their essence than spend them on creations.

As such, most Guardian's (even in game) seem to tend to specialize in Magic Creations, since they provide cost effective ranged support to complement the Guardian's abilities. (and is what I'm aiming for here)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2011, 12:53:44 am »

Glyph,  post your action. That means we're half set for the next turn.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2011, 12:54:26 am »

...huh. Why did I never think of trying that before? Magics are almost all ranged, and...huh.
* Aklyon claps to GlyphGryph.
Change accepted gladly.

Edit: edited the Guardian/Agent descriptions a bit.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:57:08 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2011, 12:56:21 am »

I'd actually like to work on training some shields at the moment, make sure my skills in that area are still up to snuff.

Also, ask for more details about the skirmish roster thing.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2011, 01:00:07 am »

General note: If I poke in Updated Topics and we've got 5 actions out of 6, I'll usually just auto the last person if I have time to do the update then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 6: Non-fail
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2011, 01:18:49 am »

Sounds good to me.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 6: Non-fail
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2011, 01:25:35 am »

(Also I would eventually like to end up going spear and shield if thats an option, with a shortsword as backup :P )
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29