Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 22: Mission Go!  (Read 19575 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! - Turn 2: 3 1's! Eep.
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 08:38:46 pm »

Read book for Essence related topic. Try to find one of those green/blue pools and study that.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Attempt to learn about Essence. Try to remember if that bit I peeked ahead at gives any clues.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Instead of bothering with the note, find some other new Agent and tail them. Listening for either some hint as to what the note is about, or a chance to steal anything similar they might have.

Did... did I make an RTD at some point?
*looks around*
WHY DOES NOBODY TELL ME WHEN I DO THESE THINGS? God, the incident with the slip-in-slide and now Unconcious roleplaying!? The hell!
It's OK a quick peer through your started threads shows that Dragnar is full of lies.
Or crazy. I think I mixed him up with someone else.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Or crazy. I think I mixed him up with someone else.
I think I might vaguely remember something like that, so you're not totally crazy alone. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

>Cast haste again, and follow that agent we gave the coded note to, and attempt to pick his pockets in hopes of finding something else I need, or at least cash.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

>Cast haste again, and follow that agent we gave the coded note to, and attempt to pick his pockets in hopes of finding something else I need, or at least cash.
See but you know you're going to end up following each other.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Instead of bothering with the note, find some other new Agent and tail them. Listening for either some hint as to what the note is about, or a chance to steal anything similar they might have.
I was the one who gave him the note, thus I'm not a valid tailing target.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile

damn you insomnia rearranging writing like some kind of internet Ruin!!!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

Find a reference book and flip through it
Raggle Fraggle

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pick the sword. The shield without the sword will only prolong the inevitable, and the javelin will fill a role best left for my creations. I assume, of course, that I will end up trained quite thoroughly in all three. (And I probably already have some skill in them since I was pegged for this because of my fighting potential. )

Once I've finished my first training session, ask one of my friends what the next steps in training will be, and when I'm allowed to begin studying shaping, and when training officially starts. If I'm allowed to begin studying before training starts, I will try to take out some books and begin learning about creations to correct any incorrect knolwedge I had from being on the outside.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! - Turn 4: In which Dragnar somehow gets a zero.
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2011, 10:45:16 am »

Griffin
(4) You didn't really forget any of this stuff, and finish decently quick. (skill remembered!) You then ask Thunkor about stuff.
"Train with more swords. Train with creation help. Don't get trained in shaping unless you actually show potential in it. Still doesn't hurt to know which ones will fight with you and which ones will hide behind you, though." You then ask him where you could find such a book. "I doubt you'll find anything useful in the library, dude.  too many abbreviations and sidenotes and going off on biotechnical detail tangents. waaay over our heads, unless you're smarter than me."
(2) He was right. You leave confused about which creation it was talking about.
Skills: Militia Training: Swordsman
Inventory: Training Sword

Codex & Dragnar
(Codex Haste: 1, reversed. -1 to movement)
(3-2, 1-1, -1 for trying to follow each other at the same time) Not knowing any other new Agents, you both try to follow each other and fail really badly. Dragnar is bitten very strongly in the right arm by a escaped rogue roamer, and faints from seeing so much blood come out in so little time.
Codex Status: Slowed (1 turn left)
Dragnar Status: Heavily Bleeding, unconscious. (but not dead yet!)
Inventories: same as before

Hiraluke
(5) You find a very good book on Essence in the library. Skill gained! You write down the name of the book, Essence of the Beginner, on the borrowed items sheet and take it with you to finish later.
Skills: Shaper Knowledge: Essence.
Inventory: Essence of the Beginner (borrowed)

Derm
(2) You found the wrong kind of pool. This is a healing pool, not an essence pool. Those are blue.

Sorus
(5) The bit you'd peeked ahead in was indeed about Essence! Skill gained! It says to look through book Essence of the Beginner for more, but you can't find it in the library.
Skills: Shaper Knowledge: Essence.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2011, 12:23:58 pm »

Be unconscious. And let my subconscious try and figure that note out while I'm at it. Oh and also: do not die.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 01:15:58 pm »

Find a green pool and study it intensely.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 01:17:29 pm »

More Knowledge. Study that book harder.
Raggle Fraggle

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 02:05:03 pm »

There's a bunch of shaper students in the library, and while I may be a Guardian a guardian is still a shaper god damnit! And I'm not going to give up over a few complicated books! Maybe I won't need to know any of that spellcasting crap, but I'm still going to want to build myself an erstwhile ally!

Approach one of the other students in the library for assistance, and attempt to befriend them as well if at all possible. Even if they don't want to help me, they might still be able to point me where to go.

When I've got some leads, work on that. If not, return to the barracks and see if my shield skills are up to par.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29