Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 22: Mission Go!  (Read 19609 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 10.5: In which we get on with it!
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2011, 11:18:31 pm »

Permanant proof that Derm has none of the Leadership, because me, Griffin, and the RNG slut (:P) over there stole all of it.
Derm
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I already knew that, its copied into Evernote. But they're the Shapers, how can you lead armies or control land with nil Leadership?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2011, 11:22:54 pm »

Shapers don't need or expect to have leadership. Creations are BUILT TO DO WHAT THEY SAY.

It's why they have so much trouble dealing with rogues. They literally do not understand how to deal with things that aren't satisfied by a "do this".

Not to say there aren't creation focused types with leadership, of course, but it is by no means a prequisite for a successfull shaper. Especially since MOST DON'T LEAD ARMIES.
Guardian's are the ones that lead armies, in general, sometimes with the support of Shaper Shapers to bulk up their numbers of creations.

Shaper shapers tend to be Academics.

Remember that we are all, technically, shapers. A "Shaper Army" could be commanded by any of us.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2011, 11:23:41 pm »

Shut up you and let me have my free leadership.

Dont bring logic into this if it means less powerups for me.  :P
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2011, 11:24:15 pm »

Permanant proof that Derm has none of the Leadership, because me, Griffin, and the RNG slut (:P) over there stole all of it.
Derm
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I already knew that, its copied into Evernote. But they're the Shapers, how can you lead armies or control land with nil Leadership?
In Geneforge, Leadership is essentially the catchall Diplomacy skill. I will never, ever believe someone who demands everyone follow them is very diplomatic.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2011, 11:25:08 pm »

Then why do they follow them anyways?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2011, 11:26:10 pm »

Shut up you and let me have my free leadership.
its not enough to get a bonus either way, you need Leadership II to have any use for it. Its like all of the Shaper Knowledge tree until you have a skill that it can help: What can you do with knowledge you can't use?

Then why do they follow them anyways?
Force?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2011, 11:27:39 pm »

Why does who follow who anyways?

The creations? Because they are programmed to.

Notice how any creation with a modicum of intelligence immediately overrides that programming and goes rogue?

And everyone else?

Because if you don't, they will fuck your shit up.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2011, 11:28:22 pm »

Okay. On to other things now. Please.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2011, 11:28:47 pm »

Why does who follow who anyways?

The creations? Because they are programmed to.

Notice how any creation with a modicum of intelligence immediately overrides that programming and goes rogue?
Then what do the (non-rebel) serviles count as?

Okay. On to other things now. Please.
Whenever you guys have the actions... (this is why its 10.5, not Turn 11)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2011, 11:29:24 pm »

Whenever we have context to use the actions in...

Edit: You asked us if we wanted a single mission or spread out into several. It never got past that. We've been bickering this entire time.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2011, 11:30:25 pm »

Right, forgot that. the general thing was for the group to stuck mostly together, right?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2011, 11:30:51 pm »

Yes.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2011, 11:32:52 pm »

Right, forgot that. the general thing was for the group to stuck mostly together, right?
No, we divided into two teams.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2011, 11:39:37 pm »

Then what do the (non-rebel) serviles count as?
The regular serviles? They are kept purposely as stupid as possible. They are destroyed for showing any sign of independent thought. In fact, they are destroyed if they ever disagree with a shaper. And they are one of the oldest and strongest designs, with extremely strong program. (Hell, there were servile groups still trying to be loyal to the Shapers on Sucia island even after thousands of years of neglect).

Here's a better example. Drakes. Drakes are creations that actually require leadership to use - they are too smart and independent for their built in programming to be enough.

Drakes were banned, because so few shapers had the leadership skills needed to safely use them. :P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2011, 11:41:43 pm »

I thought it was because they were kinda inherently psycho.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29