Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 22: Mission Go!  (Read 19596 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 8: Several more injuries.
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2011, 04:10:51 pm »

Look for a new robe and while I am at it look for anything else interesting
Raggle Fraggle

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2011, 05:06:25 pm »

Ask my new friend in the creations school about how I should go about learning more about creations. What are the different types, and what type does he specialize in?

Damn I hope I get a leadership point out of all this social effort eventually. ^_^

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2011, 05:09:16 pm »

Ask my new friend in the creations school about how I should go about learning more about creations. What are the different types, and what type does he specialize in?

Damn I hope I get a leadership point out of all this social effort eventually. ^_^
Oh please. Everyone knows all the speaking skills go to agents.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2011, 05:13:30 pm »

Pshhh. Agents don't talk to people. They hide from them or stab them in the back of the face. Their brand of "diplomacy" is not exactly the leadership kind. That's why they always work alone! Others can't stand to be around them!

Guardians, however, are people people.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2011, 05:17:27 pm »

But Codex got a dagger just by asking. have you gotten anything by asking random people yet? :)
(Basically, if you don't have the skill, you get a secret 1d4roll to see if it actually work or not in addition to the posted one, which is the action result)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2011, 06:02:40 pm »

That's great and all, but I still don't know everything there is to know about essence, and who knows when that lazy/indisposed instructor will be back.

Search for a book I could learn more about Essence from.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2011, 06:07:25 pm »

Hes more uninterested in bothering with new people than lazy, since he is only the buffer between world and first year to find out which ones do the stupid things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2011, 06:14:10 pm »

Like drown themselves in healing pools? :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2011, 06:20:07 pm »

Like drown themselves in healing pools? :P
Yes :P
Also, question: Hows the speed so far for this? It feels like we're not really getting very far, but you guys have been getting skills every some updates or so, so hmm.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2011, 12:18:39 am »

It's definitely "slow," but it is just the training phase. I assume once we start actually doing stuff it'll seem faster, because "You fail to find the book" will turn into "You fail to stop the grue."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2011, 12:19:50 am »

It's definitely "slow," but it is just the training phase. I assume once we start actually doing stuff it'll seem faster, because "You fail to find the book" will turn into "You fail to stop the grue Ur-Drakon."
Probably. Also, edited to fit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2011, 12:37:51 am »

Oh god, the Ur-Drakons.

*cowers in a corner from the sudden release of repressed memories*
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2011, 12:42:13 am »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 9: Skills Get!
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2011, 09:34:54 am »

Sorus
(2) You find a book on Heal spell instead. (4) You know how to do it now, but you still don't know how to actually cast magic yet.
Skills: Shaper Knowledge: Essence
Spellcasting: Heal
Inventory: Wand of Firebolt +1 (12/12)

Griffin
(5) He talks on, and on, and on, and...Finally, he's done. definitely not a speaker with that bored voice of his, but he was quite informative. He didn't actually mention his favorite, though.
Skills: Guardian: Swordsman I, Shields I
Shaper Knowledge: Fire, Battle, and Magic creation types.
Inventory: Training Sword & Shield

Hiraluke
(6) You find a Flameproof Shaper's Robe! Woo!
Inventory: Essence of the Beginner (borrowed), The Fyora Guide (borrowed), Tattered Robe

Codex
(6) You ARE the shadow. She is impressed.
"Not impressed enough to give you another extra lesson, but I'll tel you my name. I'm Agent Vlirr." She then flits down the stairs remarkably fast.
Skills: Agent: Mechanics I, Stealth II
Skill bonuses: +1 to stealth rolls
Inventory: 5 Living Tools, Dagger, Wand of Firebolt (12/12)

Derm
(1) You are caught by the Night Guard and headshotted with a thorn baton! He retrieves your book and places it back in its spot.
(try again y/n?)

(Dragnar: 1 turn left)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 9: Skills Get!
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2011, 09:35:46 am »

y
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29