Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 10971 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2011, 05:08:34 pm »

Couldn't people just not be emotionally retarded and you know, not throw the controller?

I think you're overestimating little kids, and overestimating adults who are kids.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2011, 05:25:17 pm »

Here's the current wii-u website: http://e3.nintendo.com/hw

They show all kinds of configurations of controllers and mention using up to 4 wii remotes with it, but only ever show one PADD-type controller with it, and never say that you can use more than one of them (whereas they list how many of everything else you can use). That doesn't necessarily prove that you can only use one, however. I get the impression more that they deliberately didn't say.
If its not proven, its possible. Small chance of that for most weird things, but this doesn't seem one of them.

It's probably a safe assumption that this uses Bluetooth 2.0 being as it's still compatible with the wii-mote. Therefore it would be impossible for the console to stream multiple high quality video/audio streams and input commands from more than one. This is a technical limitation.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2011, 05:33:10 pm »

I think that using the screen on the controller as a primary display for the game might be restricted to a single game pad, but I suspect that less important displays like mini-maps, character inventories, and that sort of thing, could probably be on multiple controllers attached to the same console. Again, the console is not set to be launched until next year, so I also would not rule out the possibility of the bluetooth hardware being upgraded. Of course, that is all highly speculative.
!!&!!

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2011, 05:58:39 pm »

Mario...party....campaign...
I had blisters all over my palm trying to beat that Cycling minigame in which you have to cycle so that a lightbulb starts glowing and boo disappears or something. It's been years but that minigame sticks out in my mind...:(

Did your analog stick have a plastic thing on it or was it a sharp metal nub?

No, although I was repeatedly stabbing myself with one after losing for the 100th time :P

Gimhalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2011, 07:23:00 pm »

Am I the only one who immediately thought of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JElywbkSbY

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2011, 07:50:17 pm »

It will be a gimmick if the developers think it is, which they well might.

However, I think it might be a good way to take the UI off the screen, it would be similar to sitting in a simulator. But hey, we'll see.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2011, 07:53:03 pm »

I will just drop this here:

Nope, you weren't.

It's also the very same youtube link. :V

Thump

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2011, 08:03:33 pm »

I will just drop this here:

Nope, you weren't.

It's also the very same youtube link. :V

Great movie... :D

If they could work in marketing with this movie somehow, that would be awesome.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2011, 01:53:23 pm »

Ling ling presenting the Wii U.

I can see that happening.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2011, 02:03:10 pm »

Does anyone have any information to confrim or deny the rumour that it can only support one of the tablet controllers? I keep seeing it pop up, but no one seems to have a source, which makes me think it's all internet rumour.

Edit: Also, in other news, the controller is apparently 7x10 inchs, so says Gamespot.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:07:04 pm by timferius »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2011, 02:07:34 pm »

Does anyone have any information to confrim or deny the rumour that it can only support one of the tablet controllers? I keep seeing it pop up, but no one seems to have a source, which makes me think it's all internet rumour.

I haven't found anything conclusive since this, where the only solid response is that Nintendo vehemently refuses to comment, and is simply not prepared to respond to that.

I still think it's disappointing if it's true, though.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2011, 02:21:18 pm »

I haven't found anything conclusive since this, where the only solid response is that Nintendo vehemently refuses to comment, and is simply not prepared to respond to that.

I still think it's disappointing if it's true, though.

As long as it's nothing decisive, I won't give up hope... Nintendo has always been about the local multiplayer, and there's just too many oportunites that sink if you can only have one controller (Four swords anyone?)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2011, 02:24:17 pm »

What they've really done is put the top screen of a 3DS on to a real TV =/
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2011, 03:11:53 pm »

What they've really done is put the top screen of a 3DS on to a real TV =/

It's basically a gigantic, HD DS with additional wii-mote support. That isn't necessarily a bad thing.

That's a bit of an over-simplification, I'm expecting the console will have a plethora of additional little things that it can do besides playing games (and oh boy homebrew). It's not a bad analogy, though.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2011, 03:33:34 pm »

I thought about it and Nintendo really has made a smart move here. They will likely be the first ones out with a next gen console (Assuming since we heard about the Wii U first, then it looked like Sony and Microsoft scrambled to get info out there as well), It is supposed to be in 1080p, and according to IGN will be better than the 360 currently is with a price tag in the range of $300-$400 at the most. You also have to think on the observation just made in this thread.
It's basically a gigantic, HD DS with additional wii-mote support.

This system looks like it's been designed from day one to provide compatibility with DS titles. I can guarantee you on launch day they will have the 'Wii U shop channel place thing give-us-money' loaded down with a huge selection of DS games, a lot like how Sony has PSP titles for sale on the PSN.

I'm still worried about $150 controllers though  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11