Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 12:16:13 pm »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 12:17:39 pm »

Does anyone else here remember GBA+gamecube, giving players a personal screen as well? So, in a sense, they ARE going back to the gamecube, and integrating one of the gimmicks of it that you had to pay extra for into the main system itself. Will be interesting to see what sorts of games are added.
Eh?
Eh!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 12:19:04 pm »

nintendo i didn't like your wii very much but i am loving this

Man, they put cameras in everything nowadays.

Soon we're going to start seeing toasters with built-in cameras for recording our startled reactions just as the toast pops out.

TWO EGGS ONE TOAST

Does anyone else here remember GBA+gamecube, giving players a personal screen as well? So, in a sense, they ARE going back to the gamecube, and integrating one of the gimmicks of it that you had to pay extra for into the main system itself. Will be interesting to see what sorts of games are added.

Except that was awful because you also had to buy a link cable for every GBA you used.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 12:23:11 pm »

This topic is missing a picture.

Thump

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 12:24:24 pm »

This topic is missing a picture.

Either those are tiny Asian woman hands, or that controller is freaking massive.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 12:25:38 pm »

The only problem, really, is the rather massive price. In the case of the GBA, it was already a handheld/console in itself. The controller is.. just a controller.

Perhaps not though. Perhaps Nintendo's next gen will include games made for the controller. I would love to see this.

One specific thing I would love to see: Every WEEEEOOOOO game comes with self contained mini games downloaded to the controller. Sort of like how you could download demos of games to your DS from a hotspot, or play limited multiplayer by hooking up to your friend who had a real cartridge.

Perhaps we will even see a new iteration of the Virtual Console for the thing!

EDIT:

Either those are tiny Asian woman hands, or that controller is freaking massive.

It is slightly over 6 inches wide. So maybe both.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 12:27:10 pm »

Dose anyone have a link to a recording of the pressconference..I can't find one.... :'(
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 12:28:27 pm »

I think that they said the screen was 6 inches (measured diagonally? I kinda thought they gave measurements for these things using the diagonal?)

Dose anyone have a link to a recording of the pressconference..I can't find one.... :'(

They probably do not have a video up since it was so soon, but Gametrailers could be a good place to look.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:30:12 pm by OzyTheSage »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 12:28:53 pm »

It usually takes an hour or two for them to format them or whatever, and the confrence just ended ten minutes ago.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 12:30:26 pm »

I think that they said the screen was 6 inches (measured diagonally I presume?)

Oh holy nuts you're right, 6.2 inch touch screen (I'm guessing measured wide). I bet that's at least another inch total of width with the grip and controls.

Soon after this is released we will see reports of this thing dropping off the Empire State Building unharmed. You know it's true. Nintendo's controllers have gotten inexplicably more unbreakable over the years.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 12:37:33 pm »

Not really impressed... I dislike the touch screen game fad pretty bad. The problem with a touch screen is that the control system blocks the whole screen!

It reminds me of every game I saw for the DS. The second screen just had useless information on it. The Wii seemed so interesting, but in the end it was largely frustrating and just a gimic. No one did a good job of using the control features except Nintendo.

As someone previously stated, those are going to be some expensive controls.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 12:38:52 pm »

Okay, saw wiiu release trailer...I’m impressed but it still appears way to gimmicky, but judging the shape of the gaming market, gimmicky may be the future...
The concept seems great but I would like to see some actually demonstrations(even a prtototype) but judging by the trailer we all know nintendos biggest scandel Wii chat roulette. :-X
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 12:40:27 pm »

I hate touch screens, but that is probably because I am terrible with them. Stupid fat fingers.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 12:40:48 pm »

Soon after this is released we will see reports of this thing dropping off the Empire State Building unharmed. You know it's true. Nintendo's controllers have gotten inexplicably more unbreakable over the years.

I remeber a story about the old Nintendo 64 memory card surviving a winter under the snow, and being dragged in by the dog in the spring. No corrupt data.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 12:42:11 pm »

Not really impressed... I dislike the touch screen game fad pretty bad. The problem with a touch screen is that the control system blocks the whole screen!

It reminds me of every game I saw for the DS. The second screen just had useless information on it. The Wii seemed so interesting, but in the end it was largely frustrating and just a gimic. No one did a good job of using the control features except Nintendo.

I kind of liked the second screen on the DS for some games, but the touch screen I've never liked. 

What would have been really cool is if they decided to put a trackball instead of a joystick on.  Then playing a FPS on a console wouldn't feel so frustrating.  Oh well.

Like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:44:25 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11