Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Watercloistered - Island Volcano succession (.31.25) (Needs moar overseers)  (Read 28113 times)

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile

23rd Slate. Mobilizing troops. It's hard to tell anyone to do anything because everyone's so busy! Can't wait until I get those minions to haul crap for me.

25th Slate. Spos is dead. It was a short fight, because I sent the entire force after him. He died in a blaze of glory, literally. He was only able to let loose one burst of fire, and it actually burned himself. His smouldering corpse will be used to feed the young---WAIT. As I write this, Captain Remalle collapses. He was hit directly by the flames, but he didn't show any pain, and never had any hint of fear. But he laid the killing blow on Spos, and he paid the ultimate price to protect the citizens of Areloddom, and open up the cavern for expansion. He will either be buried in a personal tomb, or buried in the center of the Tomb of Heroes, with a Note describing his deeds to the others. Goodbye, Captain.

***Captain Remalle Nirlitast, deceased, 25th Slate, Year 207. Died as a hero defending the caverns of Areloddom.***
***Algeroth Gebtobul, Spearman, deceased, 26th Slate, Year 207. Died as a hero defending the caverns of Areloddom.***

EDIT: I see where Remalle's coffin is, in the heart shaped burial grounds, but I refuse to let him be buried there. He gave up so much. He's going to be buried in the Tomb of Heroes, no doubt about it.

2nd EDIT: Algeroth died as well. Wasn't hit as bad as Remalle, but was hit badly. Blood is everywhere. The floor and walls are dripping with it, and you can't enter or exit without getting bloody.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:58:28 am by Velard »
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Once again Remalle saves Watercloistered, he shall be missed. At least you've got plenty of room, statues, and coffins for their tombs. Any ideas on who'll take his position?
On a side note you should probably set (I think it was the Fishes of Trading?) on the No Guard alert every few months or they'll start getting antsy. Otherwise they're active every month.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1st Felsite, 207
After these deaths, we have a shining ray of hope. A baby girl was born today, the daughter of Ducim Rathbomrek. Her name is Lorbam Messircatten. Ducim's a bit weighted down, as she carries around two dwarfbabes now!
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Ah, crap.  Would you mind terribly if I reincarnated into the new baby?

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, crap.  Would you mind terribly if I reincarnated into the new baby?

1st Felsite, 207
The newborn baby is healthy and always laughing. But something strange happened. When her mother came to the caverns to pay her respects to the Captain, the baby didn't cry at the site of all the blood. She simply smiled. The more religious dwarves claim that Remalle's soul inhabits the child. I don't doubt it. Any baby that smiles at all chaos that is either a demon or something else entirely. I've been told that when she becomes old enough to put a mace in her hands, she'll be put into Remalle's squad, as a newbie. Ducim, the child's mother, says that she wants me to look after her during those times. She's also naming the child "Malle" in honor of the fallen Captain.

OOC: A note to future overseers. If Malle Messircatten is killed, I will hunt you down and kill you. She is the chosen one!

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile

I would not mind picking up this game in 13 weeks!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile

13 weeks? That's an awfully long time. There's only 3 people ahead of you.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile

13 weeks? That's an awfully long time. There's only 3 people ahead of you.
Ohh.
I saw a list of thirteen, I thought it was 13 weeks to the next open space! Hell yeah! Im in!

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2nd Felsite, 207 The Tomb of Heroes is being constructed, with it's marble floors and lead walls. I'm going to use the finest statues depicting battles and people that died in the tomb. *Velard searches frantically for a statue of the Captain*

I've replaced Remalle with Tun Ateshtilesh. He's a Stonecrafter, but his archery, ambushing, and dodging skills are great, so it'd be a waste if he didn't see more action.

The miners are digging out the newly conquered cavern, and it's RICH with ores. There's enough to increase our gold reserve greatly. Time to make

3rd Felsite, 207
The caverns are expanding rapidly. I managed to get 8 "Ore Struck" announcements at one time.

Oh, and how do I get the weavers to shut up?

5th Felsite, 207

Roctiv Mandate News: 2 more spears coming up, sir...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:49:28 pm by Velard »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

o,W,w
This turns off auto web collection.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

9th Felsite, 207
Decided to take the outside patrol. While doing that, I discovered something today. Apparently, my look-alike is female. I walked into her husband today, a Lor Mozirrigoth. It's a bit odd having to act as his wife, but I think acting like a woman half the day is far better than getting killed by the masked thugs.
But he better not ask for any kids. He'll just have to adopt.

Here's Lor's profile.

14th Felsite, 207
17 "Ore Struck" announcements at once on the 17th day of Felsite, this must be a sign...
(Oops, it's actually the 14th. lol)

15th Felsite, 207
My mind is blown. I just recieved 115 vein announcements. These caverns will double, maybe triple our current wealth.

18th Felsite, 207
Uh oh... It appears that we are running out of iron. Gotta find more or we're screwed... Only about 100 iron bars left and no nuggets or reagents.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:19:23 pm by Velard »

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile

The tomb of Heroes -> Are you redesigning Ark's tomb, or do we get coffins for 50 more dwarves ?
(I mean, we already have more coffins than potentially dead dwarves. But you're right, one is never too careful)

Best regards,
your resident billon-and-spear lover.
Have a dwarven day.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The tomb of Heroes -> Are you redesigning Ark's tomb, or do we get coffins for 50 more dwarves ?
(I mean, we already have more coffins than potentially dead dwarves. But you're right, one is never too careful)

Best regards,
your resident billon-and-spear lover.

I'm not making more coffins. We have..let's see, counting the ones recently crafted, and the ones in storage...too many.
But we have like 372 pine doors. It's ludicrous.

Oh, and you banned the sale of spears, you billon loving fool! Way to cut into our profits this year. *Velard gets a cauldron of lava ready*
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:45:01 am by Velard »

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile

Oh, and you banned the sale of spears, you billon loving fool! Way to cut into our profits this year. *Velard gets a cauldron of lava ready*

'Tis to ensure the protection of the fortress, you productivist fool ! That, and I'm pretty sure you got enough rock mugs to buy 3 caravans, merchant's clothes included. Better use that magma on the pine doors (who ordered those elvish abominations anyway ?)
Have a dwarven day.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

'Tis to ensure the protection of the fortress, you productivist fool ! That, and I'm pretty sure you got enough rock mugs to buy 3 caravans, merchant's clothes included. Better use that magma on the pine doors (who ordered those elvish abominations anyway ?)

Good question. But I still want to know how to solve our iron/steel issue.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17