Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Watercloistered - Island Volcano succession (.31.25) (Needs moar overseers)  (Read 28130 times)

Efithor

• Bay Watcher
  • The Doodle Dictator!
    • View Profile

I (Efithor) request 1 (one) turn, on this succession fortress (Watercloistered).

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile

Since Watercloistered is at an almost godly level, when I start running it tomorrow, there's nothing that can go wrong! I'll start narrarating now so I can get comfortable with reporting in while IC.

Velard Amakar's Journal[/i]
Unknown Date

Had a rough day today. I'm a dwarven farmer living by myself on the western coast, and every autumn, I start harvesting my crops before winter. Usually, the hardest part of harvesting is dealing with the vicious birds that try to get a meal before winter. I can usually kill the bastards with my spearmanship I learned in my daysas a soldier, but today was different. Instead of hungry birds, two muscular, masked dwarves approached me, and said to come with me immediately. Naturally, I refused. The first man grabbed a sack of crops, and the other put me in a chokehold, and I passed out. When I came to, I found myself here, in a dank, moldy, old boat, chained by the legs. I bet those damn birds probably ate what those thugs didn't take by now. The guard watching me says there's nothing but open sea for miles in all directions. It's true. I can only smell sea air and rotting wood. <sniff> And I must have been out for a few days now, because I smell terrible. The guard must have felt sympathetic to me, because he "misplaced" his pen while giving me my rations today, allowing me to write this.

Day 2 on the ship

I'm a bit scared of what's coming next, the guards talk of "a swap" and say things like "too many fear the clowns...", or "they look exactly the same!"
It's cryptic to me, but I fear that if I don't find out or get out soon, my days are numbered.

~Velard Amakar

I'll finish your electrum project, billybob, and I'll make sure WC stays its path to becoming the capital!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:14:44 am by Velard »
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

9th Slate, Year 207

The boat stops, and I see a busy place past the shore, with statues, and many happy dwarves are working hard. It looks like a great place, but then a guard unchained me, then hauled me over to the entrance. We walk down stairs that seem to go on forever. Then we walk into a barracks with a guy that looks just like me. "It's about time, guys. Time for me to get out before I get killed." The next part happened so fast. He takes off all his armor and his uniform and weapon are forced on me. Before I could even speak, the masked guards had swapped me with my double. In addition, they told me they would be in charge of this place (Areloddom, they call it) while I'm here, and if I try to escape, my sudden death will look like an accident. I don't understand why they need me as a squad leader, but I do feel a little bit safe with a spear in my grip.

16th Slate, Year 207

Reports of a Forgotten Beast named Spos have reached my ears. Those who've seen it say it has fuchsia scales, no eyes, and firebreath. They also say it looks incredibly hungry. I'm worried that if my squad tries to kill it, I'll be eaten.

OoC:Everything looks incredibly coordinated, I don't think I'll have to manage any of the day-to-day tasks for a long time, just consult the manager and tell him to order people, right?

I'm starting to get angry, as nobody left instructions on how to use the many levers in the fortress. I would ask Roctiv, but it seems he's too busy yelling for (you guessed it) more billon crap.
Oh, and this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kid finally finished his artifact, and it's a historical wonder. When we all die someday, people are probably going to look at this amulet and probably understand our entire culture. Or think we're idiots.  :D
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Which ones in particular (seeing as a bunch of levers were built under my reign)?
The ones linked to far off things are labeled with notes and the ones next to the cages are linked to their respective arena doors (I figured noting those levers would be a bit redundant because the of the arena notice, pit zones, and cages).
I think someone deconstructed the top entrance lever that was directly under billbobfred's room so you may have to re-link it with another lever they've been linked to a lever in the main stairway (labeled). The levers in Roctivs room raise his bridges from top to bottom. The lever in the barracks controls the arena door and the lever in the top forge area controls the magma-gate below it (mentioned in post). If I'm missing any feel free to call me on it.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok I'm here, so where do I download?
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which ones in particular (seeing as a bunch of levers were built under my reign)?
The ones linked to far off things are labeled with notes and the ones next to the cages are linked to their respective arena doors (I figured noting those levers would be a bit redundant because the of the arena notice, pit zones, and cages).
I think someone deconstructed the top entrance lever that was directly under billbobfred's room so you may have to re-link it with another lever they've been linked to a lever in the main stairway (labeled). The levers in Roctivs room raise his bridges from top to bottom. The lever in the barracks controls the arena door and the lever in the top forge area controls the magma-gate below it (mentioned in post). If I'm missing any feel free to call me on it.

Thanks, Ark. I'll make sure you get a nice burial if you die somehow.
Oh, and druid91, I was given your spot because you too too long to report in. Sorry. You'll have to wait until I finish, I think. Ask billybobfred where your new spot is.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Don't worry about it. I've already got a tomb at the top of my tower.

Watch out adventurers. Between civilization and Watercloistered are very nasty and trained goblins, haunted hills, and an ocean. Caution advised.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and druid91, I was given your spot because you too too long to report in. Sorry. You'll have to wait until I finish, I think. Ask billybobfred where your new spot is.

Three days late on a weekend and I get jumped over? Awww...
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile

Some threads would only wait one day. I can put you back on the list if you want.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

17-18th Slate, 207

More masterpieces are being made. Morale is quite high here. But I'm rather upset, as I miss my simple farm life. It's too complicated here. Eventually, I'll escape. Don't know how. But I will.
In other news, we found more amethysts. Reminds me of the dark, beady eyes of the birds. Damn things must be eating everything in my house.

19th Slate, 207

To keep myself occupied, I'm using the little power I have as a squad leader to make two things possible.

The first plan is to dig deeper. The guards talk about "clowns" and "candy", and then refuse to explain what it means, with fear in their eyes. But from what I hear, the only way to find it is to dig deep, past the caverns, past the magma sea! If I can find these, maybe I can control this power, and use it as leverage to escape.

Spos is behaving himself on the other side, but it worries me. Going to send in an elite squad in a few days that will kill the beast. Going to try and give them cover with the catapults and archers. Armok bless them. If any contract contagious diseases, they will be confined on the other side of the caverns. It's the only way to protect the populace, because the hospitals aren't close enough to cure them in time, and to get there, I'd bump into too many people, possibly spreading it. But they'll be given honors and a Tomb of Heroes will be made for those who fall in battle against evil forces.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some threads would only wait one day. I can put you back on the list if you want.
Sure thanks.

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile

*Military stuff, announcing massive ‼Fun‼*

Be sure to attack with spears. Or billon crap items. Or billon spears.

(If you really are tired of my mandates, wait 'til they turn yellow in the 'nobles' screen. It won't affect my happiness, and you'll have less mandates to fulfill.)
Have a dwarven day.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Military stuff, announcing massive ‼Fun‼*

Be sure to attack with spears. Or billon crap items. Or billon spears.

(If you really are tired of my mandates, wait 'til they turn yellow in the 'nobles' screen. It won't affect my happiness, and you'll have less mandates to fulfill.)

It's actually pretty dorfy of you to keep babbling about billon and spears and spears made from billon. Just don't ask for billon made from spears.

(Roctiv Mandate News - 2 Billon Items)

Any requests for the Tomb of Heroes? Materials, features, what do you want in the Tomb?

I plan to kick the military into overdrive. The next migration wave will be used for military and Hauling. Can't tell you how much crap's lying around the fortress. Gunna dig out stockpiles/vaults.

Oh, and Spos is still behaving. I'm going to set up a second gate in case the advance guard can't kill Spos, and he tries to kill the civilians. Noticed theres plenty of protection vs. surface but if the clowns attacked, we'd be at their mercy.

Question: Say I break into the candy store, when the clowns wake up, can they escape through the volcano's lava, after I seal off the caverns? If so, I'll cover up the top with a strong stone or metal we have too much of. And post a perimeter guard there.

Billon is now our new holy metal. I'll tell the men to make the lord Roctiv a billon scepter and a billon crown to appease him.

For Areloddom!!!

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile

Billon is now our new holy metal. I'll tell the men to make the lord Roctiv a billon scepter and a billon crown to appease him.

If you do manage to produce this, drop them in my office (or make me wear them via the 'uniforms' screen, though I'm pretty sure it's not possible with those items). Too bad it's impossible to make billon spears.

I should've made the giant sign out of billon.
(The more I keep saying it, the less sense this word makes. Billon. Billon. Billon billon billon billonbillonbillonbillonbillon !)

*Roctiv is running around babbling*

Anyway, keep up the good work.
Have a dwarven day.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Decided to make billon instruments. If/When Bay 12 adds musicians, that'd be cool to see how artifact music scores could be created.
Also, the Tomb of Heroes will be made with lead, as that's the biggest bar supply we have, other than charcoal, which we sure as hell aren't using up. I just hope lead poisoning isn't possible. But that will decrease grave-robbing chances greatly. :D

~Back in character~
Today's the day. My squad is being moved to the cavern entrance so we may do battle with the beast. The catapults are almost finished, and the arbalists are preparing to fire bone bolts on command. Hell hath no fury like a primed donkey bone bolt.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17