Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Watercloistered - Island Volcano succession (.31.25) (Needs moar overseers)  (Read 28124 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Sorry, I loathe idlers of any kind so I continued mug mass production. And the weird mass grave. And the second front wall.
I just did a lot of weird stuff really. Good luck  :D
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmmm could always have me train as the military's marksdwarf for when the next beast wanders onto the fort.  :P
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile

@Ark : When I'm finished with those silver bars, you will see my definition of weird. *Evil laugh*

@goukaryuujin : You just won a crossbow an an armor. No bolts, though. Congrats. Any other work requests, anyone ?

Anyway, no update today, didn't have time to play last night for perfectly valid academic reasons because I'm a lazy ass. Next update tomorrow morning.
Have a dwarven day.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

we have no bolts? should be easy to clear up with so much free workforce and so many dead animals.
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile

Oh, we do have bolts, loads of them. They were on repeat on the crafts workshops (I guess I have that to thank for the mug numbers not hitting 5000). I'm just a fan of the "corrupt a wish" system, and I find marksdwarves bashing things with their crossbows extremely amusing. Especially when the things in question fight back.

PS : Nah, don't worry, you'll have your bolts. I need to clear some space in the stockpiles.
EDIT : And you will go bash your enemies anyway once you run out of bolts.
Have a dwarven day.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

awsome, maybe ill get some hammerdwarf skill while im at it.  :P

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile

Okay, so Real Life came to me in the form of a professor basically telling me "If you don't complete this assignment right now, you'll fail my class, and consequently you'll fail this year. And by the way, I don't give a crap about you not having the necessary data to complete the assignment".

I will upload the save (late spring) this afternoon (don't worry, you will have an update with it) and try to save my skin.
I didn't do much in this fort, but I'm pretty confident what I did affected it (wait 'til I post an Ogreseer screenshot, he he)

EDIT : Apparently, Ogreseer + 6*6 embark = !!laptop!!, though I managed to have a beautiful view of Watercloistered in 3D (printscreen didn't work, don't know why)

So I'll just make it short.

Project "We're crawling in metal bars and idlers, let's waste them both" is completed.
If someone manages to make a good Ogreseer screencap of the entrance of the sort, It'd be great. Meanwhile, here's what I saw :

A double wall for the defence. The outer line, constructed under the reign of ArkFallen, is still not finished.
To the East, the volcano. To the West, Ark's tower.

That was before my time.
Before, migrants came and said : "Ow, they built a nice tower next to the volcano !"
Now they say, "Oh dear Armor, they assassinated the landscape !"

The 6 z-levels high - silver and lead - letters ARELODDOM (Watercloistered in the dwarven tongue) now dominate the entrance of the fortress, taller than the volcano itself.

We are a barony ! Let us show it to the world !

Other news : Useless wothless ring artefact created by a random stonecrafter.
Named dwarves : 85% of you are idling around. Ark's tower / capybara blood bathing area seems to be quite the popular spot.
Migrants : wave of 20 arrived mid-granite. Since we already have about forty dwarves already legendary in all the professions available in the fortress, The new meat is pretty much useless.
(One of them had 'Trader' as job title. I checked his stats and activated labors, and he's nothing more than a glorified hauler.)

So, that's it. Sorry I cannot finish the year. Here's the save from late spring.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4599

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 06:51:48 am by Roctiv »
Have a dwarven day.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Whoa! (click to show/hide)
I was going to get some of the rest of Watercloistered but my patience is running thin. 6x6 embarks plus Ogreseer is no go. I've never used it before but I think an average of 6.1fps is bad.

@Roctiv- Print-screen images seem to appear in the screenshot folder in Ogreseer. Took forever to realize this.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:13:48 am by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile

Updated OP, notified hitty40. o.o
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

I'm working on another succession right now, I'll see to this tomarrow.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile

@Roctiv- Print-screen images seem to appear in the screenshot folder in Ogreseer. Took forever to realize this.

Good to know.

If I had a little more time, I would have smelted a load of galena to make it pure silver. But it would have taken a lot more time, so it's about half-silver half-lead.

@hitty40 : You should check the labors enabled on the dwarves. A good batch of them were "recruited" to work on the project, so they have the 'Carpenter' and 'Blacksmith' labors activated.

@All the future overseers : You have probably already noticed, but the baron's quarters also serve as a defensible emergency room. Just put a few crossbows and bolts in it and in case of tantrum/megabeast/siege, lock me and (optional) a few dwarves in it.
Have a dwarven day.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

Good to know.

If I had a little more time, I would have smelted a load of galena to make it pure silver. But it would have taken a lot more time, so it's about half-silver half-lead.

@hitty40 : You should check the labors enabled on the dwarves. A good batch of them were "recruited" to work on the project, so they have the 'Carpenter' and 'Blacksmith' labors activated.

@All the future overseers : You have probably already noticed, but the baron's quarters also serve as a defensible emergency room. Just put a few crossbows and bolts in it and in case of tantrum/megabeast/siege, lock me and (optional) a few dwarves in it.

I couldn't get started, so now I will be forced to skip.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make sure im one of them, im a useful one to have around.  :P

and on another note: HAZAH! thanks for siging me hitty40!  :D

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good to know.

I couldn't get started, so now I will be forced to skip.

I'll grab the save and start then
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17