Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Watercloistered - Island Volcano succession (.31.25) (Needs moar overseers)  (Read 28109 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

My comp's pretty good, and I think I have done a 6x6 once.
-snip-
EDIT: How do you guys get such bad FPS? I'm getting 40's on here.
Really? When I first got it is was around 60 for me, after a very long month though it's up to 100.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

What's your comp's processor and RAM?

I got 4gb of ram and an intel i3 core. However, I'm running windows 7 and that steals a lot of the ram (32% to be exact.)

BrickT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey BrickT, you alive?
Yes. I will have it done by tomorrow.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

What's your comp's processor and RAM?

I got 4gb of ram and an intel i3 core. However, I'm running windows 7 and that steals a lot of the ram (32% to be exact.)
2GB, intel celeron, also on windows 7. At the very beginning I was chugging 20fps, but after the first three days it let up. A new stairwell and pasture later though brought it up to 100 with 40-50gfrr.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

I've never built near a volcano, but I think I'll take a turn to see how much Fun it is.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

Ah, so none of the animals are pastured. I thought the previous overseers did all the basics.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, so none of the animals are pastured. I thought the previous overseers did all the basics.
no, i pastured all of the nessasary animals, but they died of starvation anyway.  :o
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

no, i pastured all of the nessasary animals, but they died of starvation anyway.  :o
But all the animals that didn't need to eat were clogging the main stairway area. That and those roaming pets really take a toll.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

BrickT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The save
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=39QV1WES

Journal of BrickT Cilobegdoth, Overseer

1st Moonstone.
The overseer Goukaryuujin Mozibustuth walked up next to me while I was dining today and said I was incharge of this mess. Boy was he right, this place is a mess. I go the check the records and find we HAVE NO BOOZE!
I immediately order the carpenters and stonecrafters to make more barrels or pots and told the brewers to be ready to brew.

Well, now that the most pressing concern has been dealt with I can look over the fort and see what else is needed.

For some reason many of us have been digging away at the dirt above the fort. I have put a stop to that and ordered the miners to make some central staircases to make navigating this fortress easier. We also need proper rooms for workshops.
We have so many wounded from falling injuries the medical staff is having trouble keeping up. There isn’t much I can do about that except make more soap. We have enough tallow but only a little lye. Many of the wounds have become already infected unfortunately.

7th Moonstone
We have finally gotten around to brewing some booze. It isnt great, but it will do for now. The stairs and hallways are going well. They should be finished sometime next month if all goes well.

10th Moonstone
One of the miners who fell a while back has died. What the hell were we even working on anyway?

12th Moonstone
Trading with the caravan went well. They sold us booze along with more barrels as well as some metal bars, metal pots, bags, sand, cages, and some nice gems. There was more I wanted but we didn’t have much to trade. I have also assigned some dwarves to smoothe the areas near the bedrooms and other important places. 

17th Moonstone
I have noticed there are bees around the forts so I have ordered some rock hives built, after we have sufficient pots of course.

23rd moonstone
The miners are making good progress on the hallways. They should be completed on schedule. After they are done we can dig some proper rooms for workshops and stockpiles.

28th Moonstone
Thanks to the miners digging the stairs and hallways we have discovered more hematite and galena veins. Billybobfred has finished his negotiations with the liazon and we have requested bars of exotic metals, cages, some seeds, sand, glass, barrels, booze, thread, bags and some buckets.

7th Oipal
The staircases are done and the halls have been dug. Now we can begin to build proper places for workshops and related stockpiles. I was thinking of building a new area for mug production and a trading depot too.

15th Opals
One of the workshop rooms is almost completed. We have discovered another vein of hematite while mining the room. The hunters tell me they are out of bolts so I tell them to work on some rock pots until our bonecrafter can make some more bolts. Roctiv Tinohkikrost has been posessed and has taken over one of the masons workshops.  He has taken a galena stone and is working furiously.

20th Opal
Roctiv finished his creation today. It is a very nice galena milstone.We have also struck another vein of hematite in the second large workshop area, which is almost fully dug.

5th Obsidian
All three workshop areas have been dug and I have assigned the miners to make a new area area for a new trade depot with surrounding mug producing workshops.

15th Obsidian
I have decided to get a head start on our trading industry by becoming skilled in rock crafting. I dare say I am taking a like to it and am getting a real feel for the stone.

20th Obsidian
The felling of the trees is going slowly, as we somehow only have one axe. I have ordered more constructed so the woodcutters can actually do something to the trees instead of call them name. Work on the new trade depot area goes well. We should be churning out rock crafts fairly soon. The first room of workshops is set up wit h stockpiles and workshops. It has been designated for carpentry nad masonry.

1st Granite
The new trade depot area has been completed and we are in the process of setting up craftsdwarf workshops and stockpiles for the finished goods near the new depot. I have also ordered another level of large workshop rooms be excevated.

17th Granite
Work on the second level of workshop and stockpile rooms goes well. Momuz Emgashcerol is installing the rock hives in an area near the trash pile that will keep most of the bees away from everyone else. Mug production goes well and I am getting the hang of carving the fine details into a mug. The rock smoothers are still hard at work making everything look good. They are getting quite good at their jobs. I am also planning on making a nesting area for our poultry so we can have a constant supply of eggs.

2nd Slate
The second level of workshop and stockpile rooms have been dug. Mug production is going well and we are making enough nest boxes for all of the poultry.

6th Slate
Twenty five migrants showed up today. Production of beds and rooms has been prioratized above all else. We are going to have a difficult time coping with such an extrodininary population expansion. Most of the migrants aren’t particularly skilled sadly, but we can fix that.

17th Slate
Rooms are being carved out for the new migrants but we are still short of beds.

5th Felsite
The hives all have bees in them. The nest boxes have been placed. The poultry has been penned. The new bedrooms should be ready by the end of the month. I also installed a nice fireplace in the dining room. I don’t want to jinx it but it seems like Zuntir Mafoldatan, one of the miners injured in a rock slide last year, looks like she will live. She had some pretty nasty infections but I guess the soap helped.

23rd Felsite
Work has finished on the new rooms and the miners are now working on extending the staircases further underground. We have too many dogs and cats so I have ordered a few of them butchered.

9th Hematite
I have ordered a new area created for above ground plants. Work continues on the staircases. Our smletsrs are busy making bars out of all this ore we have found. They will have smelting to do for a good while given the amount of ore we have. Production of bins, beds, and barrels is coming up to a reasonable speed as the carpenters gain skill at their trade.

22nd
Goden Istbarstuos was injuerd by a wild water buffalo while he was collecting bees for the hives and smashed her right hand. She is resting it now. Doc Hatz says he can’t give me an accurate time when she will recover, but just that she will. I suppose that will have to do for now. All of the hives have been set up as well.

6th Malachite
Goden is doing so well she was released to do a bit of easy labor to help her recover.
Work on the extended staircases goes well and we have furowed most of the fields for the surface crops. Sigun Fathsazir is moping around the fortress, again. I swear she always has something to be depressed about, real or imaginary. We also have produced nearly 600 mugs. The craftsdwarves (myself included) are becoming quite proficient at making mugs.

20th Malachite
We had six new migrants arrive today. Among them is a siege engineer, a much needed stone detailer, a farmer, and a potter. The miners have dug the stairwasy to a sufficient depth si I have ordered them to make some hallways connecting some of them on the deeper levels. The wood cutters have finished with most of the trees near the entrance so I have ordered all other trees in the surrounding area to be cut down.

2nd Galena
With all of these new migrants arriving I have had to increase the production of beds and direct all the miners to dig new rooms. The first level of workshop rooms are all set up now.

14th Galena
The surface crops are doing well now that we have a sufficent amount of seeds and the dwarves are pleased at the new selection of alcohol and food provided by the new crops.

The miners are doing a great job of digging the new rooms and the stone detailers are right behind smooting all the surfaces. Vabok Sodelugosh got into a small fight with a capybara today while he was hunting.  She shot the damn thing twice but it still bit her twice before she could bludgeon it to death with her crossbow. The medical staff says she will make a full recovery. These recurring incidents with the wildlife make me wounder if there is anything we can do to keep them away from us or from attacking anyone who wanders too close to them.

4th Limestone
We are up to 1100 rock mugs now. We should have plenty by the time the caravan arrives.

24th Limestone
We somehow only have a pair of traction benches for the hospital so I ordered a few more be constructed. The new rooms are nearly all dug and soon we all shall have beautyful rooms worthy of this great fort. Smoothing the rooms is going well, albeit at a slower pace then the digging.

4th Sandstone
At long last all of the rooms have been dug. Rooms with enough space for fine stone furnature and well made beds. The kind of rooms the hard workers of Watercloistered deserve. The miners are already getting bored so I drew up some plans for some new staircases. When this fort is in need of more room the miners will have plenty easily acessable places to choose from.

8th Sandstone
The miners who are digging the westernmost staircase tell me they have found damp stone, likely from the presence of an aquifer. Fortunately they also tell me they can still continue the staircase without fear of flooding from the aquifer

28th Sandstone
Nine new migrants arrived today. Among them are a surgeon, a tanner, a furnace operator, and a weaver. As soon as they arrived at the entrance to the fort Onul Udilgan ran right past them at a blinding speed. He ran down the stairs to the masonry workshops and took over the one Cog Idashasen was about to use. After grabbing tow nearby pieces of marble and some hematite ore he started working on his creation.

4th Timber
These damn capybaras are scaring out wood cutters away from the trees again! I have assigned two of the hunters to take care of these oversized vermin.

7th timber
Onul Udilgan finished his creation today, a marble coffin with a picture of Obok Snarledtombs the dwarf in hematite on it. He cetrainly knows his way around a piece of stone so I have re-assigned him to masonry and ordered a few more masonry workshops built.

17th Timber
The caravan and liazon have arrived. We requested they bring us exotic metal bars, seeds, booze, coth, silk, cages, alpacas, anvils,  gypsum plaster, sand, glass and some rope. Trading has also concluded. The fort now has more exotic metal bars, cages, seeds, barrels, fish, and booze. The caravan made quite a good profit off their trip. Hopefully theis will encourage them to bring more next year.

24th Timber
The tree felling goes well. I estimate we hafe killed almost half of the trees in the surrounding area of the fort.

1st Moonstone
I must be losing my mind. Maybe the cursed elven or tree gods are trying to exact vengence upon me. All I know for sure is that I went above ground today and was passing by the magma pool that feeds into our forges when I beheld a burning tree that was not being consumed by the magma. It had no eyes but was staring at me, as if to mock me. I could hear it saying “you may cut us down but we will grow back even thicker” but it had no mouth.

I no longer feel I am not sane enough to hold such a vital position as overseer. I must find someone willing to take up the position as soon as I can less I cause a calamity due to my madness. Hopefully doc hertz knows something relevant.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:18:25 am by BrickT »

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

speaking of tree felling, did you notice the magic tree in the middle of the magma..?  :P
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile

Downloaded. Will begin tomorrow.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarf me as some dwarf with farming skills and add me to the list of overseers please.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Dorf me as Remalle please.  I'd like Unib Esoltar.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile

Updated the OP. I'll be returning for turn 8.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17