Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Watercloistered - Island Volcano succession (.31.25) (Needs moar overseers)  (Read 28093 times)

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile

19th Felsite, 207
According to our stocks, we have 497 Marble Doors, 573 Marble Coffins, 406 Marble statues, 1,244 Palm Logs, 662 Lead bars, 408,902 live honeybees (Good Lord!) 121 Totems, 221 body parts, 6630 Ammunition, and 2 dog leather bags.

The electrum road is being built at a slow rate, as we can't get electrum and gold/silver out quickly with the meager amount of blacksmitshs we have. We only have 11 Metalcrafters. 11. Next migration, all of them will be sent to hauling and blacksmithing, and maybe mining.
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've found a good spot to start digging for HFS. I'm going to set up walls, traps, drawbridges, and a barracks for soldiers there before I start digging. I take no chances.

27th Felsite, 207
Dangit! Figurines have been banned by billybobfred. There goes more profit out the window...

28th Felsite, 207
A cavy sow had pups. Yay, more food!
A boy was born today as well. Yay, more lackeyes!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:13:34 am by Velard »
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Made a bit more progress, going to try capturing dangerous beasts to guard the area as well.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

11th Hematite, 207
Finally summer! Another boy's born and we are almost about to start digging for HFS. My miners are sooo singleminded.

15th Hematite, 207
The shaft to the candy store is starting. We discovered a new cavern area, but the only things there are troglodytes, which miners kill easily and ores, which miners dig easily.

16th Hematite, 207
Argh! Baby in the caves! He'll get himself killed!

26th Hematite, 207
Another girl. Can't keep up with these babies! I'd find a way to get them out of here but I'm not a sadist that kills babies.

5th Malachite, 207
Busy mining. Almost in there. ALL the miners are in there. Electrum production is up. The mayor has banned maces. Not sure when HE was elected.

8th Malachite, 207
This is it. Tomorrow I'm digging past the semi-molten rock. After that, well, only Armok knows. My squad will be posted for backupdefence. anyhing we can use will be there. Cage traps, blade traps, anything that kills "clowns"

15th Malachite, 207
PRAISE THE MINERS!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

21st Malachite, 207
Things are getting serious. We are almost done with the mega defences, I'll post a pic when ready. The adamantine has almost been reached, and it's almost time to open the walls of HFS.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 12:13:06 pm by Velard »

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I look into the hole. The "clowns" are demons. They've come early. This is bad. Really bad. I'm sending everyone to their homes and I'm locking up the caverns until the demons settle down.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

3 Legendary miners are being backed into a corner by a mosquito demon. Nothing I can do to save them.

Well, they put up a good fight. They killed one Monster of Brine, but then the others ripped them apart. Three legendary miners dead. BrickT was one of them.

The mayor was sleeping in the caverns. A shadow demon steps on his head a few times and his mandates and life is over.

4th Galena, 207
This is chaos. The demons haven't left the defenses yet, because the military's buying time for the civilians to seal off the main fortress. If any soldiers make it back to the caverns, we'll let them in. Goukaryuujin and I are fighting side by side. I only have slight injuries, but he is bleeding heavily. It's not going well. If I am to die, someone must find this notebook and warn others to NEVER return here.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:01:14 pm by Velard »

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They've killed me.
A Gray Wraith knocked me down, stunning me. A Fire Brute set me aflame with a series of flaming attacks,and then the Wraith stepped on my left hand, breaking the bones and knocking me out. A mosquito demon grabs me by the head, and the others keep bashing me, and when I finally come to, I get kicked in the head, killing me instantly. Goukaryuujin falls due to bloodloss. He was burned alive by a Fire Brute, but managed to sever it's left leg. But this is just the first wave. We bought enough time to get the non-combatants safe. A barricade is being built to stop the demons. Armok save the others. My ghost will watch over the place, and maybe in time I will possess a new body.

Roctiv is miserable. Three of his military friends died, and his girlfriend Kosoth died when she was building wooden traps in the HFS fort. I'm going to whatever I can to improve his mood. He's in an awful shape, he could go insane any day now.

Roctiv destroyed his bed today. I'm going to give him whatever he needs to cope with this. He's feeling a bit better though.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 07:00:41 pm by Velard »

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile

Rest in pieces, Velard. You will be missed. (Well, until the next legendary meal, anyway).

On the subject of breaching HFS :
Rest in peace, FPS. I harldy knew ye. (The fortress isn't completely ruined, right ?  :o)
Have a dwarven day.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rest in pieces, Velard. You will be missed. (Well, until the next legendary meal, anyway).

On the subject of breaching HFS :
Rest in peace, FPS. I harldy knew ye. (The fortress isn't completely ruined, right ?  :o)

The FPS is actually pretty good. The caverns got sealed off in time, so no demons got through. We are a few miners short and the military was crippled while they bought time for the others to escape. Anything that moves gets turned into a pile of gore down in those caves. But Roctiv's already starting to feel better, he's taken out his anger on his bed and a carver that I set to improve his room.

17th Galena, 207
A new artifact! A Galena scepter was made.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:30:08 am by Velard »

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, he's really mad. Roctiv bashed a woodcrafter in the head, breaking her skull. The poor woman's still alive, but her head looks pretty bad.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crap! You guys left a hole in the walls! The demons are headed for it! I'm gong to make a wall immediately.

The last of the guys who didn't make it out were killed by demons. There's at least 30 demons standing by the gates. I'm gunna set up more siege engines up to rip them apart.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:39:51 am by Velard »

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile

Oh yay, you're putting my siege battery to use!
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The hole's been blocked, but the man who did it was burned alive by Fire Brutes. Roctiv's still depressed. I don't know what'll cheer him up.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What weapon did you have me using for me to manage to sever a leg...?  :o

And I think I will take another swing at being overseer.  :P
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

Velard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What weapon did you have me using for me to manage to sever a leg...?  :o

And I think I will take another swing at being overseer.  :P

It was a weak demon, a Fire Brute. They are made of nothing but fire it seems and you were PRETTY intense. I dunno what weapon you had b/c you got disintegrated. :P
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17