Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Most Impressive Combat Reports  (Read 35026 times)

Needicla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Most Impressive Combat Reports
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2012, 07:45:26 pm »

He asked you for combat reports, not a story about your kitten scratching a goblin.

Anyways, to answer:

You grab the Cat by it's throat.
                        the Cat has bled to death.

DanteThanatos

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:hollow eyes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2012, 06:22:12 pm »

Been playing for a few weeks now...
Nothing worth telling cept this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Its not even a fight!
The FB targeted a milker,rushed and just rammed face-front(or Limbs-front?) into THE MILKERS LEFT LEG and DIED.

The milker left leg got bruised btw.
He had deadly dust, and my milker is probably going to die fast because everything part of his body is rotten.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 06, 2012, 06:24:38 pm »

Been playing for a few weeks now...
Nothing worth telling cept this:
Its not even a fight!
The FB targeted a milker,rushed and just rammed face-front(or Limbs-front?) into THE MILKERS LEFT LEG and DIED.

The milker left leg got bruised btw.
He had deadly dust, and my milker is probably going to die fast because everything part of his body is rotten.

What happened here is that the FB used its dust ability, which pushed it into a wall or off a cliff, similar to the effects of cave-in dust, causing the falling damage.

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2012, 06:28:35 pm »

The fact that it's a teacher... well, I'm not as disturbed as I should be.

TEACHER! .... LEAVE THOSE KOBOLDS ALONE!
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 20, 2020, 08:11:45 am »

Back to DF after a long time. I decided to try reclaiming an existing fort in the newly generated world. I set up a squad with my miner and woodcutter to explore the fortress, and met a "holy demon" that looked like a dwarf.

I had little hope that those two poorly equipped and unexperienced dwarves would survive a fight against a "holy demon", but I attacked for fun anyways. One of the two got scared indeed, but the other entered the battle. Surprisingly, it went rather OK (just a few bruises). Among the combat report:

The axedwarf shakes the holy demon around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue!
An artery in the head has been opened by the attack!

I don't exactly know what a "holy demon" is supposed to be, but it turns out that unexperienced dwarves can bite them badly.
Don't quote me on that.
Cacame channels aquifers into submission by staring at them. Cacame is so badass, kobolds give him their children to leave them alone. If Hidden Fun Stuff digs too far down, they hit Cacame. Cacame once took a Tantrum Spiral and impaled four enemies on it.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 20, 2020, 04:54:03 pm »

a "holy demon" that looked like a dwarf
...snip...
I don't exactly know what a "holy demon" is supposed to be
"Holy whatever" is a title of priests in religions. The "whatever" comes from the spheres related to whatever entity is worshiped. So it was just a dwarf and was probably also inexperienced.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2020, 10:56:25 pm »

If I can find where DF stores its recordings Ive a long FB vs FB fight. So long infact, I had to pause and restart. Recording it in six pieces.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2020, 04:10:05 pm »

Find the name of one of the FBs and search the gamelog.txt, and you will find all the combat reports, but mixed with the announcements.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

CaptainMuscles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2020, 10:53:01 pm »

I watched a Dwarven Axelord single-handedly take out a squad of no less than 17 elves (btw the elves were modded to use metal, including steel). He repeatedly hid behind trees, using them as cover from flying arrows. When I checked the combat log later I found the truth: Every time he "took cover" he was actually passing out from over-exertion!

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2020, 07:15:02 pm »

A flying night creature attacked my adventurer with a carving fork. The adventurer hacked him in the neck with a battle axe. The night creature let go of the fork and fell. While he was still In Flight, the fork hell onto him and broke his right leg.

GandalfTheGreyt3791

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2020, 03:20:03 pm »

My fav was when my squad was equipping and a random butcher ran out and killed the random ettin that showed up. My Face reading the combat  :o :o :o :o :o

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2020, 06:25:03 pm »

The only roc in my world was killed by a legendary engraver wielding a large green glass gem.

Vyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2020, 10:18:35 am »

That reminds me. A mud FB with deadly dust showed up. Having almost no weight, it propelled itself all over the cavern like a deflating balloon then collided with a wall and blew apart. I was very confused.

Dracko81

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2020, 01:41:44 am »

I can't find the screenshot of it, but I had a lone hammerdwarf (the rest of the squad died defending the entrance) finish dispatching the goblin siege including walking outside and have 2 goblins fire 3 arrows at him that he parried with his hammer cave in the first goblins head than parry 2 more arrows and kill the next goblin archer in a single stroke.

All while not wearing armour or having a shield, just carrying a hammer and his regular clothes.

But this combat report still makes me scratch my head.  Not really combat but still a little impressive.

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2020, 05:12:43 am »

So while I was fiddling with raws last night I modded in some additional nasties such as different material colossi to try and make different material statues upon their death
I didn't get a screenshot at the time, but what happened deserves to be told in this thread

The wrestler grabs the pig iron colossus by the fourth finger, right hand with her right upper leg!
The pig iron colossus misses the wrestler!
The wrestler bends the iron colossus' fourth finger right hand with her right upper leg!
The injured part is crushed!
The pig iron colossus breaks the grip of the wrestler's upper front leg!
The pig iron colossus misses the wrestler!
The pig iron colossus has been struck down

Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15