Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Most Impressive Combat Reports  (Read 35039 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Most Impressive Combat Reports
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2011, 04:14:46 am »

A forgotten beast grabs a grizzly bear by a tooth and throws it against a wall, causing it to explode.

Saved this picture a while ago; don't remember what happened to the cat.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2011, 07:02:35 am »

Did the merchant survive?
'course not, his brain was bruised. That's death.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2011, 09:44:19 am »

i've always been a fan of goblins falling, and blowing apart when they strike bottom.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2011, 11:30:40 am »

The crossbowdwarf bites the goblin master thief in the left ear, tearing the cartilage!
The crossbowdwarf latches on firmly!
The crossbowdwarf shakes the goblin master thief around by the left ear, and the severed part flies off in an arc!
The left ear comes off and remains in the crossbowdwarf's grip.

(That's roughly how it went.  I'm not exact on the details.  The important thing is that my crossbowdwarf bit off a goblin's ear)
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2011, 12:33:16 pm »

So, you've got a Legendary+5 axe, fighter, dodger, and shield dwarf.  He's slain hundreds of enemies and even his bloodsoaked ☼Steel High Boot☼ has a name.  The average siege gives him 200 pages of combat reports and two dozen dead enemies.

Somewhere among the endless combat logs, you notice something spectacular.
The militia commander hacks The White Tigerman Axeman in the lower body with his ({steel battle axe}) and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The militia commander hacks The Frog Man Swordsman in the upper body with his (steel battle axe), tearing apart the muscle and tearing apart the heart!
A major artery in the heart has been opened by the attack!
The (steel battle axe) has lodged firmly in the wound!

Show me what you've got.

I don't have the log any more, but the most impressive I've seen was one where I sent some half-trained wrestlers out and then saw one of them cutting at goblins with a <silver sword>.

Reading back through the logs, he'd wrestled a sword away from a goblin and then started fighting with it.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2011, 01:04:21 pm »

One of my old favorites.  Sick imagery.

Subdane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2011, 01:55:28 pm »

Saved this from one of my first fortress :)

The alligator attacks the fish dissector but he jumps away!
The alligator bites the fish dissector in the lower body but the attack is deflected by the FD (giant cave spider silk tunic)!
The alligator bites the fish dissector in the right foot but the attack is deflected by the FD (giant cave spider silk sock)!
The alligator bites the fish dissector in the upper body but the attack is deflected by the FD (giant cave spider silk tunic)!
The alligator leaps at the FD!
The alligator bites the fish dissector in the right lower arm but the attack glances away!
The alligator collides with the FD!
The fish dissector is knocked over!
The alligator bites the fish dissector in the upper body but the attack is deflected by the FD (giant cave spider silk tunic)!
The alligator bites the fish dissector in the head denting the skin!
The alligator latches on firmly!
The alligator shakes the FD around by the head!
The head is ripped away and remains in the alligators grip!
The fish dissector has been struck down.

That was some badass tunic!

Cannot figure out how to upload an image sorry... help anyone?

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2011, 02:11:08 pm »

I posted this in a different thread a while back, but my first Cyclops battle was very enjoyable.  I was (am) still very new and was very intimidated.  So I gathered my little military and threw them at the One Eye.

He started out pretty well.  He crushed the arm of one fighter and picked him up by the 4th toe of his left foot and swung him around.

Then my hammerdwarf walked up behind him and smacked him in the head, knocking the Cyclops out.   What followed was 24+ pages of my military banging away, mostly on his head, often shattering the skull.  Finally the One Eye wakes up, then dies.

I was happy.
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2011, 03:35:14 pm »

Probably the most insane thing I ever saw was from a goblin lasher ambush party. One unable to get out the way he came in(not quite sure why), so when a condor titan showed up and killed all but two goblins, one ran off and one just sat on the edge of the map.

After a while, a Bronze Colossus showed up. It and the goblin pathed towards eachother. To start the action, the goblin lashed the colossus in the leg, destroying it. The colossus fell over. Then the started having at it.

Over six hundred log pages later, the had goblin received a single bruise and had chipped the colossus thousands of times. A siege showed up then(about 50 goblins, 30 mounts, and 12 trolls), and all of them but 10 died to said colossus. The lasher just took the opportunity to walk off, still uninjured.
You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2011, 03:46:44 pm »

I got this one from a multiplayer fortresses by Carnes.
It's not a particularly heroic fight but the way that dwarf handled it I found quite memorable.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I picture it as the dwarf charging towards the two macaques, and simeltaniously punching them in the head, each with an arm, so hard to knock them out in one blow.
Accuracy and power right there.

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2011, 09:31:57 am »

The Axedwarf kicks the Forgotten Beast in the head with his left foot and the severed part sails off in an arc!

I found this kung-fu move quite impressive until I remembered that the forgotten beast was a humanoid made of ash and was already on the ground following an adamantine axe hack on the foot.
Don't quote me on that.
Cacame channels aquifers into submission by staring at them. Cacame is so badass, kobolds give him their children to leave them alone. If Hidden Fun Stuff digs too far down, they hit Cacame. Cacame once took a Tantrum Spiral and impaled four enemies on it.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2011, 11:18:05 am »

The best one I have had must have been is something like this

The recruit strikes the Goblin Axeman in the right hand with his right hand bruising and crushing the bone through {(Leather Gloves)}!
That suspiciously looks like some kind of violent brofist. Gone very, very right.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2011, 05:29:05 am »

Here's one I got while looking over some sparring reports:

"The recruit struggles in vain against the grip of the Recruit's left upper arm  on the recruits fifth-toe, left foot."

I call it the "Dwarven Pinkie-Toe Submission Position!"

nitehawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2011, 07:15:30 am »

One of my dwarves just single-handedly stopped a forgotten beast's onslaught in my fortress. What weapons did he use? Bare hands and a steel shield. From this day on, he shall be known as 'Captain America'.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2011, 07:20:31 am »

Did the merchant survive?
'course not, his brain was bruised. That's death.
Ah yes, sorry. I was thinking about denting the brain. That isn't insta-kill.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15