Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Most Impressive Combat Reports  (Read 35024 times)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
Re: Most Impressive Combat Reports
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2011, 10:16:59 am »

No quote, but my personal favorite combat report was when my axelord, equipped with a steel axe and shield, decided to bite a beak wolf's throat out instead of hacking it to death.  After he bit, and ripped open, it's throat, he proceeded to shake it around violently until it bled to death (all over him, i presume).  This act of.. violence.. was just after he punched another beak wolf in the chest, making its rib pierce it's own heart. 

This was during training in "The Pit".
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Sugata-senpai

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anime Watcher+3 Legendary Manga Reader+5
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2011, 03:02:07 pm »

No quote, but my personal favorite combat report was when my axelord, equipped with a steel axe and shield, decided to bite a beak wolf's throat out instead of hacking it to death.  After he bit, and ripped open, it's throat, he proceeded to shake it around violently until it bled to death (all over him, i presume).  This act of.. violence.. was just after he punched another beak wolf in the chest, making its rib pierce it's own heart. 

This was during training in "The Pit".

I think this is his way of saying... "I'm fucking tired of these weak creatures, give me some demons to slay!!!!
Me: I'll kill you... I'll kill you all!!!! Mwahahahahahaha!!!...

UristMcRandomNurse: Sir, patient 137 is laughing maniacially again.

UristMcDoctor: Don't worry, if we just ignore him he'll calm down and go back to playing Dwarf Fortress.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2011, 06:01:54 pm »

Slight necro.  Probably more an application of a defibrillator.

That continues for roughly 20 more pages.  That troll's skull is probably a fine paste by now, yet the brain is untouched.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2011, 06:15:32 pm »

Slight necro.  Probably more an application of a defibrillator.

That continues for roughly 20 more pages.  That troll's skull is probably a fine paste by now, yet the brain is untouched.

Wow, that troll must be a real...

fathead.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2011, 03:53:18 am »

I haven't had anything too epic in my fight logs.  Though I did have a speardwarf who had to keep biting a moose that the entire rest of the military was hacking to pieces.  Guess he couldn't wait for it to get to the butchers?
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Ankareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2011, 12:23:53 am »

This is not epic as killing a dragon by biting his head off but still seems impressive to me: at the time I had only one squad of Axelords that were training with swords for more versatility. During the scheduled inactive months, one of them was in my food stockpile for a good old drink when a Goblin Thief popped out just aside him. After a (brief) chase, the Axelord, really pissed off by this goblin brat during his well-earned weekly drink, decided to teach him a lesson, but all he had was this little Obsidian Sword and he wasn't really good at it:

First he hit with the flat of his Obsidian sword the goblin a few times, but the troll leather cape kept deflecting the hits.
Then he just try to think dwarfly and hit the goblin's left arm shattering the bones.
Then the goblin tried to ran away and to hit the Axelord with his sack.

At this point probably my dwarf became so angry that he just crushed the goblin right hand... by punching it. But because he was not a monster, he decided to help the goblin, and remembering the dwarven say: Gone the stun, a lot of fun! just cut away the whole right arm.

For the goblin that was a REALLY bad day.

wozit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2011, 01:20:47 am »

"The silver war hammer has lodged firmly in the wound."

It may just be me, but this is the first time I have seen a blunt weapon be lodged, as this is more reserved for stabbing implements.
I love the idea that large creatures should be modelled as cubes.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2011, 09:11:29 am »

My Mace Lord did a goblin by making three strikes (foot, lower leg, upper leg) and then doing a left foot kick to the goblin's skull to kill it.  Must have looked like some sort of kung-fu special attack - or else the goblin bent over in pain and it's head met the upcoming foot.

His follow-up has been fighting goblin lashers with just armor and shield.  His steel mace appears to have been misplaced.  So he dodges, hits them with the shield and punches them a lot until they go down.

The special move sounds sort of like a foot based Shin-Shoryuken from street fighter. :D

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2011, 11:11:57 am »

A tantruming cook tried to kick a baby. The baby didn't like that, and then somehow ripped his leg off. I read that and immediately started setting up the dwarven equivalent to a trust fund for the kid.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

HunterBlackLuna

• Bay Watcher
  • [REQUIRES_LNP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2011, 11:16:25 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88905.0

A true victory is known by its results.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2011, 11:24:48 am »

My "Champion" was very large, so when the Humans showed up with a +Steel Maul+, I gave it to him.
Somehow, the maul got lodged in a crundle, even though I'm pretty sure they're smaller than the head of the maul.

Also, I once had a Speardwarf get this in a fight against a group of Trogs that came up from the caverns:
The Speardwarf stabs the Troglodyte in the head with her -Steel Spear-, tearing the brain!
The Troglodyte has been struck down.
The Speardwarf stabs the Troglodyte in the head with her -Steel Spear-, tearing the brain!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:28:05 am by franti »
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2011, 01:25:45 pm »

An ambush of goblin archers arrives of of a sudden. The only dwarf outside is a hunter with a bronze crossbow and no armor. Cue shootout.

He fires six shots, give or take. He kills two and wounds three more. The rest of the ambush fire at him, with no success. When he fires again and kills one of the wounded ones, they decide to run away. I made him the captain of my crossbow squad.

Later, I had a forgotten beast. Winged snail, poison gas, the works. Having heard stories about the poison gas, I tried to get everyone away from it, but it was too fast and ended up past my defenses. I try to rally my troops there, knowing that they will probably all be killed by the gas. The first one to arrive is the same marksdwarf (who is now the mayor). He kills the thing with a single shot to the face.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2011, 06:24:14 pm »

Well a goblin batted about 16 serrated steel disks out of the air so I though that deserved mention.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2011, 08:03:40 pm »

I saw this one recently.  I guess salt isn't the strongest material.

The militia commander punches The Specter Of Salt in the head with her right hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2011, 08:35:01 pm »

I saw this one recently.  I guess salt isn't the strongest material.

The militia commander punches The Specter Of Salt in the head with her right hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Lye is even worse. I've had Lye Demons dye from getting hit with a shield. Inoganic, non-stone/metal materials are awful.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15