Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Most Impressive Combat Reports  (Read 35037 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most Impressive Combat Reports
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2011, 09:00:43 am »

I didn't even know brain-denting is possible. :o
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2011, 09:23:35 am »

It is. I remember someone having a dwarf get hit in the head, denting the brain. The dwarf survived, however.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2011, 08:06:09 am »

Hm, interesting. Also; a fucking cave crocodile ran amok in the netherlevels of my fortress killing a bunch of Dwarfs and maimning one before a member of my last resort militia smacked it upside the head about twenty times with an axe. Had this militia Dwarf not been 'very weak' it might have died sooner.   
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2011, 07:40:00 pm »

The Goblin Lasher kicks The Stray Puppy in the right rear leg with his left foot, shattering the bone!
The Stray Puppy gives in to pain.
The Goblin Lasher loses hold of the ({small elk bird leather hood}).
The Goblin Lasher loses hold of the ({small iron helm}).
The Goblin Lasher loses hold of the ({small iron mask}).
The Goblin Lasher loses hold of the ({mithril shield}).
The Goblin Lasher loses hold of the ({copper whip}).
The Swordsman slashes The Goblin Lasher in the head with his *steel greatsword* and the severed part sails off in an arc!

A lenient, but quick punishment.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2011, 02:36:52 am »

I wouldn't call it impressive, as such, but there's nowhere else it could go. 

To set the stage, my old fortress (Laudedhandles) was being slaughtered by a goblin siege.  I was new to DF and my militia was poorly equipped.  It came down to a single dwarf from the militia, unconcious deep in the main staircase leading down to the caverns being beaten on by a Blind Cave Ogre that she'd been fighting when the siege started.  Who's blows were deflected by the dwarf's leather cap and was badly wounded itself.  Every. Single. Time.  She sure as hell wasn't getting up anytime soon, not with her injuries, but the Ogre just couldn't land a blow.  Then a goblin came down the stairs and started beating on her with his crossbow.  He missed as well.  I didn't catch the end before I finally got the "the fortress has fallen" message, but i'd like to think she just went "screw you both" and died on her own while they were trying, and failing, to beat her to death as a final act of defiance.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2011, 03:31:12 am »

I'm testing a new mod of my own.  I added 15 new species of "morphs" like "cat-morph" and "fox-morph" and whatnot, using a very simple "apply creature variant" style and a lot of copy-paste.  This results in humorous situations where 9 trade caravans arrive at once and the turkey-morphs disarm themselves instantly because birds don't have any [GRASP] for their spears.

It also means I'm getting upwards of 400 hostile units on-screen at once.  I trained up one soldier to super-legendary status via months in a danger room.  She is Super-Dwarvently-Everything now, and +5 in dodging, shield use, armor use, and trance abuse.  I sent her out in fine steel to face the hordes, hoping that they would come slightly staggered enough that she would be able to hack down one in an instant, and then the next would approach, and she would never be overwhelmed because she would mow them down too fast.

So, into battle, every hit she delivers hacks off a limb.  Every, single, blow, and a moose-morph loses a leg or an arm.  A trance, and 5 of them die in an instant with severed heads and arms flying.  It's glorious.  Then the rest of the 300 troops arrive, and she's overwhelmed, slowly...  After several minutes of mind-numbing combat, she's managing to dodge every strike, get in her own blows, and deal significant counter-attacks (which take off limbs).  Until, finally, she gets tired, and the crushing weight of a horse-morph spear finds its way through her ☼Steel Helm☼.  I was simply amazed at the amount of time it took to bring her down and the amount of damage she did.

I'm trying to bolster my defenses with 5 additional super-dwarves, but the going is slow as I'm smelting iron now and the FPS drag is enormous.  I'm going to need to scale back the siege numbers a little...  25 dwarves and I've got my FPS meter turned off, but I'm guessing somewhere in the 15 range.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2011, 03:58:10 am »

Sounds like Fun, Girlinhat! Attack of the Moosepeople.
Aand I haven't had any impressive combat reports in a while, apart from an unconscious, injured dwarf with a broken leg being torn completely to shreds by an angry badger.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2011, 04:01:46 am »

Except that's not impressive.  That's depressingly common...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2011, 04:03:02 am »

I just mean the speed of it. It just charged over, one moment he was snoozing in his bed, waiting for a traction bench to be built, then next-- WHOOMPH giant badger death.
And yes, I did build my hospital outside, what of it? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2011, 04:11:53 am »

Well, in a previous scumsave (it's not cheating, it's bugtesting) I sent my lone soldier out to do battle.  She stepped out of the gate, with the enemy loitering on map's edge, and promptly fell asleep.  The 400 enemies charged forth and one horse-morph with a silver spear one-shot her through the helmet.

That was productive...

DrGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2011, 06:40:59 pm »

This one impressed me simply for the brevity and utter brutality it displayed. This is the entirety of the fight:

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2011, 12:20:47 am »

I just had my go-to guys attack an FB humanoid made of grime and filth.  The impressive part is that a new recruit got the kill when he sent it's lower body sailing off in an arc.  Using a SHIELD.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:22:25 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2011, 02:24:01 am »

This one impressed me simply for the brevity and utter brutality it displayed. This is the entirety of the fight:

Short but sweet 'eh  :P
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.

AaronLS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2011, 02:56:05 am »

Saved this from one of my first fortress :)

The alligator attacks the fish dissector but he jumps away!
The alligator bites the fish dissector in the lower body but the attack is deflected by the FD (giant cave spider silk tunic)!
The alligator bites the fish dissector in the right foot but the attack is deflected by the FD (giant cave spider silk sock)!
The alligator bites the fish dissector in the upper body but the attack is deflected by the FD (giant cave spider silk tunic)!
The alligator leaps at the FD!
The alligator bites the fish dissector in the right lower arm but the attack glances away!
The alligator collides with the FD!
The fish dissector is knocked over!
The alligator bites the fish dissector in the upper body but the attack is deflected by the FD (giant cave spider silk tunic)!
The alligator bites the fish dissector in the head denting the skin!
The alligator latches on firmly!
The alligator shakes the FD around by the head!
The head is ripped away and remains in the alligators grip!
The fish dissector has been struck down.

That was some badass tunic!

Cannot figure out how to upload an image sorry... help anyone?

Should have pulled his tunic over his head Beavis/Butthead style, and maybe he'd still have his head.

Rapid Bowel Movement

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2011, 08:49:25 am »

"The Stray Horse Foal kicks The Stray Horse in the upper body with her left front hoof, bruising the muscle, jamming the left true rib through the heart and tearing apart the heart!"

I should mention it killed its MOTHER. Gives me chills.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15