Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: feral humans  (Read 609 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
feral humans
« on: June 06, 2011, 08:36:52 pm »

i'm playing 31.18, so this glitch may be fixed, and if so, then this just makes a good story, otherwise prepare to be amazed.

This whole story/glitch centers around an abandoned fortress, nothing special right, right. THus, i begin my tale.

I had an elven adventurer who was sick of being such a famous hero, he decided to go find a new human civilization and continue his questing there. He succeeded, but before he found the real civilization, he stumbled upon an abandoned fort with nothing but rhessus macaq and groundhogs. There were no companions to keep him company on his long journey, so he wandered into the surrounding hamlets, where i first noticed the glitch. THe doors all look different, sort of like walls, with lines through the middle. I walked into the first house i saw and there was a soldier. I talked to, and recruited him as my follower. All the other houses were empty. my hero was later killed by boogeymen or some other annoying creature.

MY most recent hero started in the civilization which houses the fort within its borders. I was going to try to find a new civilization when i wandered into the fort in search of companions. It was empty and so was the surrounding town, so i went to another fort in the immediate vicinity. When i walked in i was attacked by a small horde of human wrestlers. Me and my 2 peasant companions easily cut them down, and after sleeping for 1 night, i awoke and killed some more of the poorly armed people before leaving. When i returned to civilization i found to my relief that i was not an enemy of humanity and safe to retire/get killed by boogeymen.

I checked the legends and my character had, among others, six other kills as humans in the fort. Looking back on it, none of the humans wore any armor and were all naked. But their gifs were those of human wrestlers (soldiers). This is very confusing/amusing and i was wondering if anyone else had run ins with feral humans who attack on site. (maybe this is an easter egg which toady put in to announce zombies)

Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Ig88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: feral humans
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 08:42:36 pm »

I have experienced this as well.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 08:43:47 pm »

I believe the towns (and doors) you are describing are ruins.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 11:02:31 pm »

I'm guessing the naked wrestlers are bandits from from some parent civ that was wiped out in worldgen. Since their civ is dead, they have no civ materials/ uniform/ weapon types or anything to draw from.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 05:44:55 am »

Related to the Forts of starved civilisations glitch yeah? Where there's suddenly a fort full of hostile naked wrestlers?

Sounds fun either way. All of my starved out towns are just empty. Sweet source of phat lewt though. My guy has so much random bling from raiding the craft/general stores.