Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Rogue Trader, full.  (Read 20277 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader, full.
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2011, 04:32:15 pm »

Tomorrow is the time correct?

Also, how many astroptaths do we have on the ship?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2011, 06:34:55 pm »

Apparently, one.

Which is you.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2011, 06:36:46 pm »

Criptfiend isn't just an Astropath, he's an Astropath Elite.

Into the Storm says it's either the GM's call or roll a 1d10.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2011, 07:27:36 pm »

Yes. I am Transcendent. Only I have gazed on the true might of the holy emperor and had my eyes melted. I keep the remains in a little vial around my neck to remind me of his power.

I need to know how many plebs I have to use as physic batteries/Distractions for the demons that try to eat my soul.

Edit: The real reason is that to get any sorta reasonable distance on my sending by myself I would need to push, and even then I could not even reach a nearby system by myself.

With two more guys helping me I can send short distance messages for free, and at five more helping me I could push for anywhere in the sub sector.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:40:34 pm by Criptfeind »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2011, 08:44:37 pm »

Yeah, I'd rather have a Daemonhost than a Psyker using Fearful Aura and causing Banshee Howls every time he even grazes the Warp.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2011, 08:51:40 pm »

I don't think you can get Daemonhosts in Rogue Trader.

Plus, we can probably hire more Astropaths for the choir, so that's not a huge deal.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2011, 09:07:05 pm »

Yeah, I'd rather have a Daemonhost than a Psyker using Fearful Aura and causing Banshee Howls every time he even grazes the Warp.

I really don't know what you mean by that. But okay.

Anyway, yeah I guess Cthulhu is right, it's not a big deal I guess. I mean it's not like the choir members even need enough power to be anything other then choir members.

Edit: Hey, does anyone know what short range telepathy is actually good for?  It is not a prerequisite for anything, and it seems the basic power pretty much covers everything it does.

Hum... It seems like it allows you to use your unfettered score without being in danger, but that seems pretty worthless. I mean, even at fettered I can still talk to all of you.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:29:47 pm by Criptfeind »

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2011, 09:38:06 pm »

Edit: Hey, does anyone know what short range telepathy is actually good for?  It is not a prerequisite for anything, and it seems the basic power pretty much covers everything it does.

Hum... It seems like it allows you to use your unfettered score without being in danger, but that seems pretty worthless. I mean, even at fettered I can still talk to all of you.

Going by the Telepathic Connection info box on page 162 it seems that you're only able to "broadcast" to non-Astropaths using the Thought Sending technique. Short Range allows you to get a two-way communication going with anybody. I guess you'd also get a better Focus check with +5 per additional Psy Rating.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2011, 09:45:57 pm »

Just rolled it, we have 7 astropaths, plus Cript.

So today we dont have a session. But around this time next week will we have a session? (I'm not sure if I worded that correctly)
Actually, we moved it to Fridays because Phantom couldn't do Thursdays.

We might not be able to get a session going, because I can't get the damn dice bot to work, because I fail at IRC.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2011, 09:48:14 pm »

Going by the Telepathic Connection info box on page 162 it seems that you're only able to "broadcast" to non-Astropaths using the Thought Sending technique. Short Range allows you to get a two-way communication going with anybody. I guess you'd also get a better Focus check with +5 per additional Psy Rating.

Ehhh... The focus check does not matter, cause I do not have to make one for thought sending. Also, thought sending seems to have 100 times the range of short range telepathy.

As a aside, can we spend our 20% chance of getting something on a ship part?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2011, 09:53:35 pm »

Ehhh... The focus check does not matter, cause I do not have to make one for thought sending. Also, thought sending seems to have 100 times the range of short range telepathy.

There's 3 different abilities here:

One is the basic technique of Thought Sending. This one is the broadcast ability and it has a 10m x Psy range.

The second is the Astropath-only ability of Astral Telepathy. It's the one used to communicate over vast distances.

Finally is the short-range telepathy. It has the same range as the broadcast but can be used at unfettered power for twice the range and allows two-way communication.

EDIT: Okay, wow, that's some errata. I ordered new books from B&N. They've clarified a lot on the newest print and changed things up. The above info is the latest version of the rules.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:02:48 pm by Glowcat »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2011, 10:04:24 pm »

Okay, wow, that's some errata.

What was it?

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2011, 10:10:15 pm »

Okay, wow, that's some errata.

What was it?

On Page 162 they added an entire Info Box dedicated to what "Telepathic Connection" means, while clarifying the difference between the telepathy types, and the range for basic Thought Sending was reduced from 1km per Psy to 10m per Psy like Short-Range Telepathy. They also fixed that weird discrepancy with Divination's Imperial Tarot table showing Awareness as a focus check when the entries say Psyniscience.

EDIT: On the plus side, it seems they increased the maximum choir bonus from +5 to +10.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:32:08 pm by Glowcat »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2011, 10:27:45 pm »

Does someone have a dicebot that atually works? Because if no one does, we may not be able to play tomorrow.
Well, if you guys be honest with your rolls we could, but I don't know.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2011, 11:35:39 pm »

You could roll everything for us.

Did they change anything about using a chorus chamber to extend silly things to 50,000 km?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15