Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Rogue Trader, full.  (Read 20311 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader, full.
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2011, 10:00:15 pm »

We may have to play in IRC for at least the first session, if we start this week, because I'm still getting my bearings in creating stuff in MapTool.
All of the stats and stuff look rather easy to work with, but the actual play environment doesn't like me.
And plus, I like it in IRC because it feels more like a book than a game, which is kind of cool because it gives my mind more room to play with descriptions and appearances.
However, I see why it's a good idea to play in MapTools. I'd like to think I do combat rather well in IRC, but that's yet to be fully determined.

EDIT:
Does anyone know the dice bot code for irc?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:07:25 pm by NewsMuffin »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2011, 06:54:48 am »

There's this
Shoes...

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2011, 12:42:47 pm »

Thanks. Now I just have to get it to work.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2011, 01:15:14 pm »

(Bluh no Stupid Idea)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 01:16:45 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2011, 07:03:21 pm »

I was just looking at the acquisition details and damn we're going to have a tough time at the start if we want that cruiser, acquisitions-wise.  We might (Key word being might) be able to get a hold of a company of mercs to help us out but with 20 PF we're going to be pretty poor at the start.

So does anyone other than me and Cript have any ideas for how we'll start this thang out?  The military idea could work but it'll be a rocky start and if something goes wrong there's no way we're going to be able to afford to fix that cruiser.  Then again, the chances of coming up against a ship that poses a threat to us in a cruiser are pretty low...

I don't think we're locked into our choices yet so if anybody has an idea they think is better let's hear it.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2011, 07:16:56 pm »

Well, I guess it is not that hard. The only other real choices are a stripped down light cruiser or a frigate that is ether seriously pimped out or we go for the 50sp split.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2011, 07:19:55 pm »

I was just looking at the acquisition details and damn we're going to have a tough time at the start if we want that cruiser, acquisitions-wise.  We might (Key word being might) be able to get a hold of a company of mercs to help us out but with 20 PF we're going to be pretty poor at the start.

That was my primary worry with the cruiser. We'd be at an equipment disadvantage until we managed to increase our profit factor. This shouldn't be too hard considering that cruisers are the baddest ships in the void outside of battleship-class behemoths. At least I haven't seen mention of anything bigger.

If repairs will be a problem maybe we could hire the ship out as a mercenary vessel to some wealthy patron with one term of the contract being "fix our ship." I believe cruiser orbital bombardment is a pretty valuable commodity.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2011, 07:25:07 pm »

Hey, Gm (Or anyone who can answer this), when I take Physic Technique(x2) for 100xp does that mean I have to take two 100xp techniques, or can I buy one 200xp technique?

Edit: Whoops. Fucked that up. I need to read these things closer.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:27:18 pm by Criptfeind »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2011, 07:40:35 pm »

The Dark Heresy books are more clear on that thing.  (x2) is kind of ambiguous and I probably wouldn't have known what it meant unless I'd seen it under sound constitution.

So what's everybody gonna take for their free acquisitions?  According to the book you can pick one item and make an (Unmodified!) acquisition roll for it once profit factor and stuff is ready.

I was going to go for a force field since I've only got 8 wounds but now that I see that it's unmodified I'm getting tempted to make it something crazy.  20% is a hail mary anyway, might as well go for the gold.  Maybe I missed something though, maybe they don't let you take a best-craftsmanship sunrifle with an unmodified roll, that'd be kind of ridiculous.
Shoes...

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2011, 08:06:52 pm »

An Even Bigger Ship.
All Joking aside I think I might be going for some thicker armor considering I'll be running into the fray often
Raggle Fraggle

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2011, 08:33:21 pm »

So what's everybody gonna take for their free acquisitions?  According to the book you can pick one item and make an (Unmodified!) acquisition roll for it once profit factor and stuff is ready.

Was waiting until we knew for sure our profit factor. I'm thinking some better armor since I'll be in the thick of things and even Ork Toughness ain't enough to feel confident there. If I could get my hands on an "Orky" forceshield or armor I'd be happy.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2011, 04:01:22 am »

So, I have a question for anyone who knows.

It says that I get to pick two physic techniques when I make my guy. What are the limits on this? Do I have to chose the lower powered ones? Can I pick one that is a prerequisite for the second one?

Cause mind probe + physic scream sounds pretty good, and I don't see anything that says I can get it, but if I don't pick it up now I can not purchase it until rank five.

Or a slightly lower powered one, delude and compel. Which I could not pick up until rank two.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:03:25 am by Criptfeind »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2011, 08:50:54 am »

I've been reading up on psychic powers in Rogue Trader, and I have to say that I like Dark Heresy's method a lot better.
It had a better power level system with minor and major powers.
RT's version seems to me like any psyker can use any power from the beginning, if they so choose. I guess it makes sense because RT psykers are more powerful than DH psykers.

I'll let you take Mind Probe and Psychic Scream, though Delude and Compel sound really fun from a player perspective.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2011, 02:10:28 pm »

Yeah, the new setup is kind of weird but at the same time the fettered/unfettered/push system is cool, more fun, and actually allows psykers to use their powers semi-regularly without guaranteed self-destruction (But then again isn't that the whole point?  I don't know.  Somehow I prefer that kind of "How much power can you amass before it consumes you?" thing when it's voluntary and magic-based.  Something you'd see in Conan the Barbarian)
Shoes...

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2011, 02:16:57 pm »

So today we dont have a session. But around this time next week will we have a session? (I'm not sure if I worded that correctly)
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15