Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Rogue Trader, full.  (Read 20258 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rogue Trader, full.
« on: June 06, 2011, 08:09:15 pm »

IRC stuff:
Network: irc.uk.mibbit.net
IC: #B12RT
OOC: #B12RTOOC

I'm terribly original.

Spoiler: Old Original Post (click to show/hide)

I've decided to run this. I'm accepting four players who are responsible to show up, and they tell me if they can't. I'm a hippocrite in saying that, but I feel that if I have reliable players, I'd be more likely to continue.

Spoiler: Info about the game (click to show/hide)

I'd prefer to play in an IRC room, so I can have a scheduled time that I can change other stuff to conform to. I'm willing to play in maptools if everyone wants to.
Playing forum-based is a lot slower paced, and I'd think I'd forget about it if we did play like that.
I have the core rules, and the Into the Storm expansion (vehicles, and xenos player rules). PM me if you would like them.

Players:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:54:48 am by NewsMuffin »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:23:48 pm »

Bump, to keep this up on the front page.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 10:26:52 pm »

I would (And have tried) but I gots other shit to run.

I love the idea of Rogue Trader and wouldn't be opposed to running it at some point.

One cool thing is that since the three 40k RPGs integrate pretty seamlessly, is that it would totally be possible for a campaign to transition from one to the other.  Maybe once the acolytes are high-ranking badasses and Victus Antio faces the Inquisitorial execution he's totally got coming to him if he keeps trying to smash the state, your characters can acquire a Rogue Trader permit and start new adventures.

EDIT:  That's a joke, they won't live that long.
Shoes...

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 11:06:08 pm »

Yeah, acolytes don't live forever.
But that's the good thing about Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader; you can die, but there is always some one to replace you.
Death Watch doesn't seem so much though. I mean, you're the best of the best space marines. I mean, marines of that quality don't come by that often.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 11:27:07 pm »

I love the idea behind Rogue Trader but I've not clue how it or the other WH40K game systems are run. It doesn't help that the character type I want to play as the most, an Ork Freebooter (aka hired green muscle/dakka), is supposedly a supplement and I don't even have core.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 11:28:03 pm »

But then again they don't die often either.  Deathwatch isn't very good, or at least it requires a much better GM than I am.  I'm still planning on recycling some ideas I had from that campaign, but overall I would not run it again.  Maybe play, but not run.
Shoes...

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 07:46:27 pm »

I love the idea behind Rogue Trader but I've not clue how it or the other WH40K game systems are run. It doesn't help that the character type I want to play as the most, an Ork Freebooter (aka hired green muscle/dakka), is supposedly a supplement and I don't even have core.
Well if we get this actually running, you could play an especially conniving Ogryn, using very similar stats as a free booter, which are in the core rulebook.
I think there's a whole career path for it, but I'm pretty sure we could wing it, if I can't get my hands on a copy of the supplement.
EDIT:
Never mind, I got the correct supplement. I've looked over the rules for the freebooter, and it looks pretty awesome, actually. I'm pretty sure there's enough there to have an entire party of freebooters.
Also in that book are rules for vehicles. Awesome.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:46:29 pm by NewsMuffin »

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 10:23:23 am »

Never mind, I got the correct supplement. I've looked over the rules for the freebooter, and it looks pretty awesome, actually. I'm pretty sure there's enough there to have an entire party of freebooters.
Also in that book are rules for vehicles. Awesome.

Apparently not awesome enough to dredge up interest.  :(
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 10:32:19 am »

I don't think I've ever seen something come of a "I'd like to play this but I'm not willing to run it" post.  D&D is pretty much the only traditional P&P RPG that gets any GMing love on here from anybody but me and a few other people, and I'm already occupied.
Shoes...

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 10:50:06 am »

Well, I could run it, but I don't really want to because I won't be able to keep it together. I have no doubt that I can run this, though.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 02:29:38 pm »

Ok, screw it. I'll run it but don't expect it to stay around long.
I'll use this thread for sign ups and stuff.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader, looking for four players
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 10:15:57 pm »

Bumping for interest again.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 10:40:34 pm »

I'm interested, but I don't really have any experience with these RPGs. Or most, for the matter, except for a zombie thing run by Squeegy and a short lived Paranoia game.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 10:40:49 pm »

I will join.  I'll make a character in a little bit and put it up.
Shoes...

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 10:45:03 pm »

I'm interested, but I don't really have any experience with these RPGs. Or most, for the matter, except for a zombie thing run by Squeegy and a short lived Paranoia game.
Awesome. Do you need the books?

I will join.  I'll make a character in a little bit and put it up.
Sounds great.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15