Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help to make creatures work - issue solved  (Read 371 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Need help to make creatures work - issue solved
« on: June 06, 2011, 05:24:06 pm »

After a very long time trying to make three specific creatures work properly, I've finally decided to make a separate thread in order to see if anyone would be able to fix them.

The creatures in question are the Sphere, Steam and Archer Centurions that will be used in my mod.

Despite having proper attack tokens and their bodyparts having the [STANCE] token, they refuse to attack or stand, and the errorlog is completely empty

the raws (their bodies are in the bottom of the body file included with the creature raws)

If anyone could figure out the problem, I'd be very grateful.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:55:26 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need help to make creatures work
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:16:34 pm »

Fixed. Not extensively tested, but they stand and grasp now.
Also fixed a few errors with their attacks, and added [CAN_LEARN] which is needed for [SLOW_LEARNER] to function.

There were several errors in the body file which were causing the problems with standing and grasping. I've got to go and don't have enough time to go over the mistakes at the moment, but if you compare the included modified raws with those you uploaded you should be able to spot the changes I made.
If not, I'll explain later when I get back on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Need help to make creatures work
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 11:41:28 am »

thank you for looking into it.

I'll compare the raws later to avoid such things in the future.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?