Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: labyrinth?  (Read 1009 times)

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
labyrinth?
« on: June 06, 2011, 04:05:21 pm »

so I just started a new adventurer as a human outsider. I go to get a quest to kill some night creature. on the way, I discover a labyrinth. I have never heard of or seen one before. any dangers lurking in there? should I go get a bag and come back for potential loot? I only just went through the entrance, I would like some advice before I proceed!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: labyrinth?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 04:08:41 pm »

It's home to a minotaur.
Have fun.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 04:13:17 pm »

It's home to a minotaur.
Have fun.

thanks! will there be any good loot in there? or just the usual copper boning knife and prepared elf brains?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 04:15:42 pm »

I don't really think so.
I haven't found any real loot at a labyrinth.
But, I'm pretty sure the Minotaur will have a boning knife. For boning any unfortunate creature.

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 04:24:46 pm »

perfect then.
I'm walking around and I keep getting threats of being turned into porridge lol

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 04:32:20 pm »

that was quite the experience. I was able to stab him in the head and break his skull.
that only seemed to make him more angry so he decided to break my arms, legs, and then strangle me until I died.

Fun as hell

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 04:36:37 pm »

Minotaurs are pretty terrifying for the weakest semimegabeasts.
Seriously, unless you're well armored and well trained, you really shouldn't challenge one.

Ig88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 07:00:09 pm »

I don't really think so.
I haven't found any real loot at a labyrinth.
But, I'm pretty sure the Minotaur will have a boning knife. For boning any unfortunate creature.
I believe you mean it will have an alder two-handed sword to bash in the shoulders of 3 unfortunate adventurers and their comrades.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 07:20:59 pm »

Minotaurs have a frighteningly high natural skill in all forms of combat (level 8 in all weapons, 6 for striking, kicking, wrestling and dodging, and 3 for biting [thank you raws!]), so they can easily take you by surprise and hit your face with a hammer. The worst part is that they can actually hit you, the only other beings with such natural skills (that i know of) being organic megabeasts. This is why a decently trained dorf can beat a troll pretty handily, but a minotaur might cut the dorf down in no time straight.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 08:15:34 pm »

Yeah, minotaurs are quite nasty. I really liked the threats they keep shouting at you. Really helps to build up atmosphere, especially if you allow the claustrophobic and uncertain nature of being in a labyrinth creep in (Which, arguably, is not so easy with a top-down view doubling as a map). Speaking of skills, clowns have level 10 at pretty much everything that counts.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 08:24:21 pm »

Yeah, minotaurs are quite nasty. I really liked the threats they keep shouting at you. Really helps to build up atmosphere, especially if you allow the claustrophobic and uncertain nature of being in a labyrinth creep in (Which, arguably, is not so easy with a top-down view doubling as a map). Speaking of skills, clowns have level 10 at pretty much everything that counts.
minotaurs as companions with that threat feature give battles a extra lively hood to them unlike the dead silent types toady gives us.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 10:53:05 pm »

I killed a minotaur once, to celebrate I drank its blood till the game said I was full 8)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 11:05:21 pm »

You know why minotaurs are so dangerous? They seem to have the weapons of their last kill and they also seem to be rather good at wielding that weapon. And, you're in a small, closed space when you fight them, so you cannot run most of the time.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!