Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious  (Read 6857 times)

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
  • Topics normally misunderstood. Dabbling worder
    • View Profile
Re: In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 06:35:14 pm »

This does bring up an interesting possibility though: What if a necromancer loses control of his minions and is forced to relocate to a different tower, leaving a massive fortress full of zombies behind unchecked. It could be interesting.

Maybe there could be an undead civil war, even if the necromancer doesn't lose all control. If the tower is only filled with zombies, perhaps the ones with some brains left would be more likely to start thinking and gathering fellow half-brained fellows to oust the necromancer, or organize the tower for the 'mancer in some way. The brainless ones would not be able to be persuaded, being completely mindless.
"A stupid is, a stupid dies." -Tribes 2

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 06:53:20 pm »

That would be cool...
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 01:21:49 am »

Urist McZombie cancels look for brains: suspicious of necromancer.

What's the deal with the suspicious thingie? I must of missed that part--i know he's doing necromancers and stuff, but I wasn't aware of things like NPCs having suspicious reactions.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 01:38:28 am »

Quote from: Toady One
When somebody becomes a vampire during world gen, which still happens via the profaning mechanism for the next few days, they now feed on people within their town, causing their deaths. The ones I've got now all pass for their original creature type and still maintain all of their original positions. I've set up a little reputation profile now for these historical figures vs. the site entities, and it tracks the number of unsolved murders as well as the year they first appeared at the site after stopping the aging process. It'll periodically look at the number of weeks without aging and the number of murders and compare that to the population. The smaller the population, the more likely suspicion arises. At that point they can flee to another site where they are unknown or, lacking options, retreat to the wilds (or the sewers/catacombs once I do the sunlight tag, which I haven't finished yet). We're going to work a bit more with that -- hopefully we can see immortality cults and vampire tyrants willfully feeding on terrified subjects where we're beyond suspicion in rare instances. We'll see what happens tonight.

There you have it.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 08:07:17 am »

Zombies were classed as the "citizens" of a necromancer's tower.  Under buggy coding, all citizens became suspicious when they realize someone in town isn't aging anymore.  Thus, the "citizens" of the tower became suspicious of their own creator, even though they should know full well what he is.  Thus, bug tracking!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 08:56:15 am »

Such an awesome bug...

But what if a vampire does discover the secrets of life and death? Will they eat their own zombies? (Or will they be hunted down in their zombie filled castle by a human with a *Silver Whip*?)

They won't have time to figure out the secrets of life and death , they will be too busy seducing pale emo chicks with male dependency issues..
sigging this :P

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 09:29:49 am »

Man, how did I miss this entire thing until now?
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 09:46:04 am »

Such an awesome bug...

But what if a vampire does discover the secrets of life and death? Will they eat their own zombies? (Or will they be hunted down in their zombie filled castle by a human with a *Silver Whip*?)

They won't have time to figure out the secrets of life and death , they will be too busy seducing pale emo chicks with male dependency issues..
sigging this :P
Sweet I've been sigged
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 01:29:24 pm »

Bob: Hey, Fred.
Fred: Hey, Bo..., hey, wait, you're dead!
Bob: Do what now?
Fred: You're dead. We buried you yesterday.
Bob: What the hell are you talking about?
Fred: Earl! EARL! Come here a minute.
Earl: Yeah, Fred. Hi, Bob... wait, you're dead.
Sam: Hey.
All: Hey.
Fred: Now, damnit, I know that Sam's dead. We still don't know what that werebadger did with his torso.
Bob: Huh. That is weird now that you mention it.
Earl: Maybe we should ask the boss?
Fred: Yeah, he knows everything.
Sam: He should, the guy's been around forever.
Fred: Say, how long has he been around anyway?
Bob: Hey, Tim!
Tim: Yeah?
Bob: How old is the boss?
Tim: Bout three hundred I guess.
Fred: That seem weird to anybody else?
Tim: Well, he is a necromancer.
All: Wait, what?

Garthok Soulstealer, Unholy Lord of the Undead: Linda, do I have any appointments today?
Linda: No, sir, though there is an angry mob here to see you.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 05:11:08 pm »

Funniest mimic of angry mob ever.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 06:30:20 pm »

Yeah, I keep hearing Monty Python accents when I read it. :)

Well done!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 08:53:37 pm »

Ah, yes, I love entertaining bugs...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 10:43:41 pm »

Quote from: Toady One
When somebody becomes a vampire during world gen, which still happens via the profaning mechanism for the next few days, they now feed on people within their town, causing their deaths. The ones I've got now all pass for their original creature type and still maintain all of their original positions. I've set up a little reputation profile now for these historical figures vs. the site entities, and it tracks the number of unsolved murders as well as the year they first appeared at the site after stopping the aging process. It'll periodically look at the number of weeks without aging and the number of murders and compare that to the population. The smaller the population, the more likely suspicion arises. At that point they can flee to another site where they are unknown or, lacking options, retreat to the wilds (or the sewers/catacombs once I do the sunlight tag, which I haven't finished yet). We're going to work a bit more with that -- hopefully we can see immortality cults and vampire tyrants willfully feeding on terrified subjects where we're beyond suspicion in rare instances. We'll see what happens tonight.

There you have it.

Ohhhhhh! So essentially the necromancer is the ruler, and the zombies are the subjects, and he has the same not aging thing that vampires do, and the zombies become suspicious when they shouldn't.

that is too funny.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 10:58:17 pm »

Yeah, that cracked me up too.

Zombie #1: "Hey, guys?  I think our necromancer might be... a VAMPIRE!!!"  <dun-dun-DUNNNN!>
Other Zombies: (in unison) "Oh, the horror!!!"

Also, I think there might be a plot hole in that world gen described in the 06/05/2011 notes.  It says that Imbo Trussedringed fled the village in the year 63.  But when he came back, "People recognized him as the former high priest and were shocked at his 129 years of life" (the year 137, since he was born on the year 8 ).  Someone who was 10 years old in the year 63 would have to be 84 years old to recognize the former high priest.  Isn't that a bit too old for a human in a pre-modern medicine era?  So how exactly did they recognize him?  (I'm assuming he's human, since 129 years old isn't too shocking for dwarves.)

So, am I missing something or is that a plot hole?
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 11:06:14 pm »

Also, I think there might be a plot hole in that world gen described in the 06/05/2011 notes.  It says that Imbo Trussedringed fled the village in the year 63.  But when he came back, "People recognized him as the former high priest and were shocked at his 129 years of life" (the year 137, since he was born on the year 8 ).  Someone who was 10 years old in the year 63 would have to be 84 years old to recognize the former high priest.  Isn't that a bit too old for a human in a pre-modern medicine era?  So how exactly did they recognize him?  (I'm assuming he's human, since 129 years old isn't too shocking for dwarves.)

So, am I missing something or is that a plot hole?
Random Citizens: "Hey, did you hear the story of the old high priest, Imbo Trussedringed?? They say that he was cursed to become an undying, bloodsucking monster, murdered a bunch of people, and was finally driven away!"
Vampire Ex-High Priest: "Yeah, I heard that story. By the way, I'm Imbo Trussedringed, and I'll be your bloodsucking tyrant today!"
Random Citizens: "Oh, you're the old high priest! Crap, he really did become an undying, bloodsucking monster!"

Not much of a plot hole... People do tell stories to their children, you know.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!
Pages: 1 [2] 3