Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Roll to Stop the Blight (Turn 5, the Alpha is annoying and 8's for everyone)  (Read 6667 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Blight (Turn 2, the Quartermaster is a busy man.)
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 09:30:51 am »

Delion stood up and looked over his equipment well it seems good enough *sigh* how did i end up here?
get into posistion
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

EmoBiatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 10:46:29 am »

Owen headed to the camp, where he heard the others talking about Darkspawns. He went right beside the group and dropped his Maul to get everyones attention. "If you're so scared of them, then why do ya wanna fight ? Ether flee and survive, but live with the coward reputation, or shut yo' mouth and fight like a men defending this city." After he said that, Owen went to check that the barricades would stand the Darkspawns even for a little bit. "Damn sissy's...."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:26:44 pm by EmoBiatch »
I'm flying faster than the speed of SANDWICH !

Every monday's first words : Hurrfriggin' horseshit....

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 12:29:36 pm »

Investigate this new staff, See what properties it has by testing it with some simple spells
Raggle Fraggle

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 12:31:52 pm »

Go to the infirmary and help out in whatever way I can.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 01:55:15 pm »

Gillian nodded. "Thanks, old-timer." She went back to the main encampment and appraised everyone in it with an experienced eye. Not very many of them seemed likely to survive the night; most were young sell-swords or soldiers and a slightly larger percentage than that were mumbling in fear of the darkspawn, talking as if they had already lost. Hmm... that dwarf with the maul. The three elves. The man with a war axe and the man with a crossbow. They seem likely. I'll stick near them; fighting near cowards is a good way to get killed yourself. She walked over to the man with the war axe who was getting into position to battle and got ready herself, checking to make sure her new armor was fitted securely and her shield & sword were in good repair. Now ready, she drew both and waited for the attack...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Stop the Blight (Turn 3, the Battle for Ostagar begins)
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 03:22:57 am »

As proper maintenance is key to good equipment, Searlaite decides to head back to camp to take care of her crossbow

[6] With the Darkspawn attack coming in just a few hours, you use to chance to make sure your crossbow is in working order for the battle. Starting with just making sure it was sturdy and the accuracy wasn't off. You get so absorbed in your work that by the time the King calls for the army to prepare for battle, you've taken it apart twice, put it back together, and made it fire with quite a bit more force!

began taking care his bow.

[4] Finding a quiet corner, Silvian cleans his bow and searches for anything wrong. Finding nothing amiss with the well-cared for bow, you attempt to fire a few arrows over at the targeting range, hitting the bullseye almost all the time. Your string does break from repeated use, however. Replacement string is on hand though, so it's not a big deal.

get into posistion

[5] Soon enough, a horn blows, signifying that it's time to prepare for the Darkspawn attack. Waking up quickly, you grab your trusted axe and cross the bridge between the ruins of Ostagar itself and the Tower of Ishal on the other side. Looking over out onto the forest, there's a blood red and dull shine coming over the horizon, and rain clouds are slowly approaching Ostagar. Wasting no time, you head past the Tower and down to the battlefield, where you take up a position along the western flank.

Owen went to check that the barricades would stand the Darkspawns even for a little bit.

[7] Heading down to the battlefield as well, you check the crude wooden barricades that Cailan's engineers constructed rather hastily. You find several imperfections with them, and with some wood from the camp and a little dwarven engineering on your part, you reinforce the barricade a good bit. That should hold the Darkspawn back at least for a few extra seconds.

Investigate this new staff, See what properties it has by testing it with some simple spells

[7] The staff still seems almost electric to the touch, giving you the distinct impression that it doesn't like you. Even still, you head over to a rather secluded clearing inside the camp. Pointing the staff directly into the air, you loose a cone of fire with no problems. Aiming at a nearby tree, the staff doesn't seem to fire magical bolts of energy so much as poisonous globs. Upon impact, you discover the acidic blob melts objects upon touch, burning a hole straight through the tree.

Go to the infirmary and help out in whatever way I can.

[4+1] Heading over to the nearest infirmary tent, you find various wounded men being attended to by healers. One of them walks up to you and points towards the left end of the large tent. "If you're here to help, there's nothing you can do for those men. They've been infected by the taint. It's a horrible, painful way to die...". She shakes her head and heads back towards some other wounded. Despite that, you do your best to help the more conventionally wounded men, getting a few of them back on their feet. One of them are is grateful, she decides that he's fit for battle, and follows you down to the battlefield.

She walked over to the man with the war axe who was getting into position to battle and got ready herself, checking to make sure her new armor was fitted securely and her shield & sword were in good repair. Now ready, she drew both and waited for the attack...

[5] Briefly pausing to check your armor is fitted tight and your weaponry is ready, you head down to the battlefield as well. You find a stocky dwarf repairing some barricades and a tall man with a war axe near him, preparing for battle. Checking your own equipment one last time, you prepare for the battle.

The horn of Gondor King Cailan sounds off yet again, rousing anyone who has yet to arrive to get down to the battlefield. King Cailan is prepared for battle in the center of the formation, Grey Wardens surrounding him and archers at his back.

You and several others are on the western flank, a fair way away from Cailan's troops. As the rain clouds begin spewing rain and the sun sets completely over the horizon, the first sight of the horde emerges from the trees.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Damn, those things are ugly. Both armies stare each other down for a second...But that's broken quickly as the entire horde begins charging at once. You hear a shout of 'Archers ready!' followed by flaming arrows spewing from behind Cailan's ranks. Many of the horde go down, but they're still coming. As they grow closer, all of Cailan's army charges forth at once!

Bonus - Due to Owen's reinforcing of the barricades, all the good guys have -2 damage taken for the first 2 rounds of battle.

♪ I sense some Darkspaaaawn ♪
Spoiler: Darkspawn Horde (click to show/hide)

Status
Spoiler: Delion Gaerly/Ahra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rician/Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thomas/Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Generic Soldier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Silvian/adwarf (click to show/hide)

Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 03:28:02 am »

"Come on!" Gillian growled, tightening her grip on her blade and watching the horde of darkspawn approach. No fear, that was the only way to fight. You walked into a battle with the unshakable belief that you were the only one walking out of it. As the horde hit the barricades, she stabbed forward, sure at least one of them would be impaled...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 03:38:09 am »

Silvian rushed towards the battlefield readying his bow saying " It is tiem you payed for your criems against my people you demons. NOW DIE !!! " Silvian attacks the Darkspawn Horde with as many arrows, and as much force as possible.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 03:40:23 am »

Just curious, did I ask for a waitlist? If not, wait list me please.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

EmoBiatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 03:50:33 am »

Owen decided to attack the Ogre, trying to weaken it's armor, so the ordinary Knights would have some change of pushing the horde back a bit. Owen might easily get trough the horde, cause the rain of arrows helped him to get some Darkspawn from the way.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:53:37 am by EmoBiatch »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 04:04:27 am »

Stand back and fire that crossbow.
Such is the archer's due.
Love, scriver~

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 04:11:29 am »

You know, I think I'm going to go ahead and let everyone choose an ability after defeating bosses, not just mages picking new spells. Things like Shield Bash in the ordinary game and such, probably more to inflict debuffs than do damage.

Gives everyone else things to do other than attackattackattack.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

EmoBiatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 04:22:19 am »

You know, I think I'm going to go ahead and let everyone choose an ability after defeating bosses, not just mages picking new spells. Things like Shield Bash in the ordinary game and such, probably more to inflict debuffs than do damage.

Gives everyone else things to do other than attackattackattack.
Well that would make this more interesing, so many different actions to choose.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 04:34:26 am »

Indeed. ^^ I'll be looking forward to sword+shield abilities.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 07:46:41 am »

Let loose fire on the horde.
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5